• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
When does it usually rain on Routes 119 & 120? I'm trying to evolve my Sliggoo but it's not raining right now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
When does it usually rain on Routes 119 & 120? I'm trying to evolve my Sliggoo but it's not raining right now.
I don't think there's a given time when it rains there but it is often frequent enough that you'll have a good chance of getting rainy weather in these routes. So a good chance you can get your Goodra.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Does anyone know how to get DexNav to work? In dozens of tries I can't get it to find a single pokémon with the search option.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Does anyone know how to get DexNav to work? In dozens of tries I can't get it to find a single pokémon with the search option.

sometimes you need to leave the immediate area to reset the dexnav, it also has an arbitrary lockout after you scare a pokemon away. it can select any pokemon but if you select a certain pokemon it might "lockout" for a while longer after you scare the pokemon. my go to fix was to enter next route and double back. patience is the key. ive also had to exit out of the specific pokemon dexnav search page to general dexnav page, reselect that given pokemon.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not sure what you mean by lockout. Does that take like a day or a week or even longer? Is that always when you fail to catch the pokémon DexNav spawns? And how often do you typically have to attempt to re-enter the area before the DexNav starts working again after you scared something away? And how do you do it on the Mirage Spots that disappear after you leave them? The Serebii explanation is so confusing. I don't really understand much of it.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm not sure what you mean by lockout. Does that take like a day or a week or even longer? Is that always when you fail to catch the pokémon DexNav spawns? And how often do you typically have to attempt to re-enter the area before the DexNav starts working again after you scared something away? And how do you do it on the Mirage Spots that disappear after you leave them? The Serebii explanation is so confusing. I don't really understand much of it.

i replied to you through the PM function

EDIT: running around in the areas away from the grass on mirage island serves as a good place to run around before approaching the grassy areas to continue dexnav searching.

Last edited:

Brend0n

I could use some recommendations on my team, just beat Norman and have:

Marshtomp
Plusle
Swellow
Skarmory
And Linoone (as an HM Slave)

I know I’m two times week to thunder and rock, but I’ve kept them both this long because I haven’t gotten “Fly” yet.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Marshtomp
Plusle
Swellow
Skarmory

I know I’m two times week to thunder and rock, but I’ve kept them both this long because I haven’t gotten “Fly” yet.
I’d get something like Camerupt to give you some much needed variety

Ash-Pikachu

Marshtomp
Plusle
Swellow
Skarmory

I second the notion behind replacing Plusle with Manectric. 2 pokemon are weak to electric, so Manectric with lightning rod can take advantage of it. Aside from that, Manectric has higher base stats to my knowledge, can mega evolve, and has coverage against bug and grass type pokemon.

As for any recommendations, Camerupt is a great one as somebody else pointed out. Covers grass, electric, and rock pokemon which is great. The last one can be replaced with any powerful pokemon of your choice, it really just depends on what weaknesses or types you need to cover against. Gardevoir or Gallade would be my personal recommendation depending on if you need a special attacker or a physical attacker. I'm assuming the former in that case.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Houka

So how much can I do after the 8Th badge. Are the hidden Islands open up and with that can I get all legends besides the ones in Delta Episode?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So how much can I do after the 8Th badge. Are the hidden Islands open up and with that can I get all legends besides the ones in Delta Episode?
I've not found information to say you can't capture the Legendaries before the Elite 4, but considering that many of the Legendaries are locked behind high requirements most people would have done the Elite 4 before hand. I'm assuming you're doing the Professor Oak's Challenge, in which you collect all the Pokémon Possible before each Gym.

Houka

I actually haven't heard of the Prof. Oak Challenge but yes that is what I'm going for. Sounds like All lengends that aren't lock behind Champion status are available now.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Need advice assistance catching Ho-oh. First time i encountered it i used 3 ice beams with level 70 Greninja snf hot it to 20% Health.
But this Ho-oh broke/escaped from over 20 ultra balls out of my 38 ultra balls.
Does anyone know if Timer Balls and Sing with a Altaria on the team could work?
Part of my new plan will be to use the 50 timer balls i stocked up on after resetting. (Thanks to the nugget stash from the sunken ship)

BTW I already used up the Master Ball on Deoxys.

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Need advice assistance catching Ho-oh. First time i encountered it i used 3 ice beams with level 70 Greninja snf hot it to 20% Health.
Part of my new plan will be to use the 50 timer balls i stocked up on after resetting. (Thanks to the nugget stash from the sunken ship)

I’m pretty sure that would work. It’s been years since I’ve played ORAS, but timer balls are definitely your friends with legend battles. Dusk balls would also work if you’re playing at night. My strategy for legend battles is to use Thunder Wave as opposed to any sleeping move, because opposing mons can wake up if they fall asleep, but they can’t remove paralysis. Sing also has an accuracy level that’s slightly over half, but Thunder Wave has a higher accuracy level.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

It could work but it’s all up to RNG heavily against you. Make sure to use the Capture O Power to maximize your odds.