• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm trying to find Luxio on Route 118, i added a raichu on my team for luck and i'm even in the right spot according to video guides. But The DexNav is so cockfull and only seems to only find Hoenn pokemon. How do increase my chances for finding a Luxio

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm trying to find Luxio on Route 118, i added a raichu on my team for luck and i'm even in the right spot according to video guides. But The DexNav is so cockfull and only seems to only find Hoenn pokemon. How do increase my chances for finding a Luxio
Do you have the National Dex?

The National Dex is required to obtain Luxio via the DexNav.

Pokefan_1987

Do you have the National Dex?

The National Dex is required to obtain Luxio via the DexNav.
Yep So far the only non Kanto/Hoenn pokemon on route found through 119 was Aipom.

UPDATE: Ended getting Shinx in a trade. The same thing happened with Torkoal and Diglett who are also only visible when using DexNav. Route 119 DexNav seems to be full of Wingull's, Kecleon, Electrike, Zigzagoon and Raticate.

Last edited:

Houka

Are you encountering overworld Pokemon, they are only found in rustling bushes? They are rare but not too bad.

Torkoal is found normally and can be caught in the main game within the Fiery Path.

Pokefan_1987

Are you encountering overworld Pokemon, they are only found in rustling bushes? They are rare but not too bad.

Torkoal is found normally and can be caught in the main game within the Fiery Path.
Torkoal never found him in any special location like clouds or dust.

Most DexNav's i find are black shadows. I can even memorize them based on their cries and still the rare pokemon rarely show up.

On a side-note how do i get rid of spare Mega Stones? I received my a spare Mega Alakazite (Already own one) with a Shiny Hitmonlee holding it. (Got him for a Hitmonchan)

Houka

Torkoal never found him in any special location like clouds or dust.

Most DexNav's i find are black shadows. I can even memorize them based on their cries and still the rare pokemon rarely show up.

On a side-note how do i get rid of spare Mega Stones? I received my a spare Mega Alakazite (Already own one) with a Shiny Hitmonlee holding it. (Got him for a Hitmonchan)
You can find Torkoal with by walking around. You'll don't have the dex on your secend screen? It shows you the Silhouette of the Pokemon if seen or a Question mark if haven't. I usually move abut for it start get closes enough for the Dex to identify what it is run by to to dispown it and repeat my action til the one I'm looking for does show up. Does normally take too long.

Pokefan_1987

You can find Torkoal with by walking around. You'll don't have the dex on your secend screen? It shows you the Silhouette of the Pokemon if seen or a Question mark if haven't. I usually move abut for it start get closes enough for the Dex to identify what it is run by to to dispown it and repeat my action til the one I'm looking for does show up. Does normally take too long.
I do all the same stuff even leaving areas to reset the scanner, but it seems broken and only finds pokemon i've already encountered.

Houka

You don't really use the scanner. You just walk about til a some rustling happens there just new Pokmeon can show up after getting the national dex. If your clicking on the Area nav to scan pokemon then that will only search Pokemon you've caught.

Pokefan_1987

Received a lvl 100 Genesect today no nickname or discord address. Is GF the actual name for a event distribution ? (That's the original owner name in my summary)

Attack 339
Defense 203
Sp. Attack 277
Sp. Defense 226
Speed 326

Nature Hasty
Douse Drive

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Received a lvl 100 Genesect today no nickname or discord address. Is GF the actual name for a event distribution ? (That's the original owner name in my summary)

Attack 339
Defense 203
Sp. Attack 277
Sp. Defense 226
Speed 326

Nature Hasty
Douse Drive
Yes. GF was the 2016, 20th anniversary event distribution OT.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thanks. Is this moveset any good on it?

Techno Blast (Douse Drive)
Iron Head
Flamethrower
Psychic
I’d replace Psychic with something like Thunderbolt or U Turn

Pokefan_1987

Just played several re-matches against Kindler Bernie This guy has a Magcargo and a Pelipper on Route 114 near meteor falls and walks in a circle.

After 6 times in a single day he stopped giving rematches for today and i haven't gotten a single Fire Stone as a potential gift (It's 5%)

Is there a way to improve the odds? I tried using Amulet Coin and a Prize Money boost with my Greninja on 6th rematch but nope...not single Fire Stone.

Houka

You can save scam it. Get a Rematch and save before battle, you and restart and keep battling without have to walk around a while lot to get a another rematch.

It's random and 5% is pretty poor. I battle this Hex Manic like 20+ time before she gives a Dusk stone. Amulet Coin only effect the Money you'll get (same goes for the Prize Money Boost). Ya just have to be patience and keep trying.

Pokefan_1987

Flamethrower is not appearing in the victory road. i checked my tm's and several videos but it won't appear. Did my save get corrupted?

Pokefan_1987

anyone? does this damage a cartridge if a bad pokemon was from wonder trade or can it be fixed on new save?

Houka

Are ya sure ya didn't missed it? It is a bit off the path, behind a Strength Block. Right after Expert Theodor I have go check for the exact location but that is the jist.

Edit: Yeah just north of Theodor is a split path, the the left is two blocks ya can push with Flameflower after them. If ya not there and your sure ya didn't pick it up then I dunno what to say. Maybe someone with code knowledge might know or maybe hack in that TM if ya really need it.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Are ya sure ya didn't missed it? It is a bit off the path, behind a Strength Block. Right after Expert Theodor I have go check for the exact location but that is the jist.

Edit: Yeah just north of Theodor is a split path, the the left is two blocks ya can push with Flamethrower after them. If ya not there and your sure ya didn't pick it up then I dunno what to say. Maybe someone with code knowledge might know or maybe hack in that TM if ya really need it.
I don't have the skill to hack a game. I started a new file, made sure i don't have any wonder trades from deadcns, i think it was affected from them somehow. But i intend to find the Flamethrower before challenging the E4...maybe it disappeared before then. I'm only near fortree city. (right after the castform building)
Surprisingly Hariyama really came in handy against Norman despite all his Yawn spamming. Earlier this week i had a wonder traded Conkeldurr, that one was a bit faster though.