• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Big mom getting thrashed by side characters ( law and kid ) was kinda disappointing after Oda set her up as this big threat.
I feel we'll see more of her in later arcs, even if not as a main villain anymore. I mean she was moreso incapacitated than knocked out. I just feel her story hasn't concluded even if her era has
She’ll likely be back anyways since her getting humiliated not once but twice in which the second time was infinitely worse will only fuel her and her crew’s desire for revenge and thus continue to follow Luffy and friends, even if by that point it would just be straight up suicidal due to Luffy and friends beating Kaidou and his crew and can do the same towards them.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
She’ll likely be back anyways since her getting humiliated not once but twice in which the second time was infinitely worse will only fuel her and her crew’s desire for revenge and thus continue to follow Luffy and friends, even if by that point it would just be straight up suicidal due to Luffy and friends beating Kaidou and his crew and can do the same towards them.

Seems wishful thinking. She fell into a huge whole from a floating island, while being blasted to bits and a fire yokai and several huge bombs fell along with her.

If that isn't overkill then I don't know what is..

Also, yes, Luffy 'and friends' will likely defeat Kaidou and the beast Pirates..

But without the Samurai and allies they would've been helpless beyond belief. Yes, Luffy will wrap up the fight with Kaidou, but he had help. In no way could only the Strawhats achieve the same feat as this alliance will.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
How much did it cost? I’m too poor to afford it anyway ;-;
179 bucks, on Amazon. Apparently the retail price for all the box sets have gone up since 2019 when I bought the other three box sets, but LOL good luck getting the others now that the scalpers have taken over.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The official translations makes it seem almost clear cut the Gum Gum fruit is indeed the fruit the Gorosei are s***ing themselves over.

Not too happy about it.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Episode 1014 of the anime has been delayed. The anime in general might possibly be put on indefinite hiatus due to Toei getting breached and thus getting hacked.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
That last chapter has me questioning everything I thought I knew. What on earth was happening at the end of the chapter. I honestly thought Luffy had Joyboy’s inherited will but this was unexpected. It looked like Luffy was melting so is Joyboy coming from inside him? Is this Luffy awakening his devil fruit? I am shook right now and this break is gonna be painful.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah not a fan of the whole ‘chosen one’ angle
Interestingly enough, Luffy is someone who would most likely just deny the Chosen One angle if not go "Lol okay but I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that". Or he might be upset about it. He just wants to become King of the Pirates but in his own way, and if he's the "Chosen One", he could flip a lid over that because it'll suggest that he's not becoming King of the Pirates how he wants it if Destiny has already decided his fate. Remember that he got angry at Usopp for even daring to want to ask Rayleigh about what the One Piece is, and legit threatened that if they hear what it is then and there, the journey is over, everyone go home.

Luffy's all about proving himself worthy on his own merits, on his own terms. He's not going to take being the "Chosen One" very kindly given what it entails. If eating the Gum-Gum Fruit was predestined, especially if there's an actual connection between it and Joy Boy, and he finds out about that, either of the above reactions will happen. He'll just smile and go "Thanks but no thanks, just doing what I do best" or get angry that that's even a thing.

I wonder if this ties in to Shyarly's premonition about Luffy apparently being the one who destroys Fish-Man Island. Like why would he even want to do that if it's not for the good of the fish-men and merfolk? Is that destiny, or something of his own free will?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Only click here (and here, ooh and here too) when you're done with the chapter and you have some actual questions about WTF is happening because this is actually a pretty banging chapter. Oda's just going off-the-wall bonkers right now. Wano's gotten pretty heavy, so this was sorely needed.

EDIT: And another.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Aight place your bets.

Is the fight over or nah?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Aight place your bets.

Is the fight over or nah?
I see 2 options

1 (most likely): The fight is truly over
2: Kaido will return with like 1% HP and have to be tag-teamed by the 9 straw hats in front of everyone in the flower capital as the sun rises