• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread: Oda says Trans Rights

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Why is that?
It's because of Carrot's reaction to being dubbed the new king of Zou and her reluctance of taking the job. They're basically saying she's gonna skip town and stowaway on the sunny.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
It's because of Carrot's reaction to being dubbed the new king of Zou and her reluctance of taking the job. They're basically saying she's gonna skip town and stowaway on the sunny.
I get where they are coming from, but i think that since one of Inuarashi's musketeers said they will protect her, that make me think thats better for her if she couldnt beat Perospero meanwhile most Straw Hat members beat Tobi Roppo and King and Queen.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Why is that? she doesnt even appear in the openings and she couldnt even beat Perospero.
by the way, everyone should whatever they want , i rather call Yamato a she after that hot springs scene and how Sanji acted when he saw her.
We literally had a scene where the two trans characters had a moment where they entered gendered baths. Why is this so hard to understand, it’s not like it’s subtext, it’s literally text.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Why is that? she doesnt even appear in the openings and she couldnt even beat Perospero.
by the way, everyone should whatever they want , i rather call Yamato a she after that hot springs scene and how Sanji acted when he saw her.

Combining transphobia with biphobia just makes this post worse.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
We literally had a scene where the two trans characters had a moment where they entered gendered baths. Why is this so hard to understand, it’s not like it’s subtext, it’s literally text.
Unlike Yamato, Kikunojo acted normally when he was around women and the women around him also acted normally while being in the same hot springs.
i used the term "he" in this comment only to make myself clear, i have no problem to use the term "she" in my next comments regarding Kikunojo.
and as for you, Yuugis Black Magician, i would like for us to not get into argument with each other since one of the mods around here didnt like my previous argument with somene else in this thread.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
We’ve had like 2 chapters in a row of Yamato acting like one of the guys, and outside of Sanji’s reaction, which has no real factor in things, literally everyone has been referring to Yamato as a guy. The whole point of the hot springs scene was almost beating you over the head how they each see their gender and accept it.

Even in terms of Oda logic, Yamato loves Franky’s robot lasers, which is a running gag that guys love and women don’t get why guys love it.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Unlike Yamato, Kikunojo acted normally when he was around women and the women around him also acted normally while being in the same hot springs.
i used the term "he" in this comment only to make myself clear, i have no problem to use the term "she" in my next comments regarding Kikunojo.
and as for you, Yuugis Black Magician, i would like for us to not get into argument with each other since one of the mods around here didnt like my previous argument with somene else in this thread.

Misgendering a trans woman in the same post you tell a trans woman to not argue with you about transphobia and Sanji's bisexuality is a bit of a baffling move to me but frankly if I don't have to make another post I won't.

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Spoilers are out

Yamato, Kinnemon and Momo join as honorary strawhats and stay in Wano, Wano ends.

xEryChan

Pirate King
Staff member
Spoilers are out

Yamato, Kinnemon and Momo join as honorary strawhats and stay in Wano, Wano ends.

I’m honestly shocked because I was totally expecting Yamato to join, especially since it seemed like that was what Oda was building up to. Sadly, I guess no new Straw Hats after Jinbei.

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Redon:

Spoilers of my own harvest, since there are people who don't even know how to publish them...

- Chapter 1,057: “Conclusion”.
-Momonosuke and Kinemon (along with Yamato) say goodbye to Luffy and his gang.
- Yamato will not go with Luffy and the rest, first he will travel through Wanokuni and later he will go out to sea.
-Luffy gives his flag to Momonosuke.
-Luffy tells Momonosuke, Kinemon and Yamato that he will come looking for them at the time they want to sail to the sea.
- Luffy, Law, Kid and their gangs leave Wanokuni.
- At the end of the chapter Momonosuke wonders where they should place the flag.
- Finish Act 3 and the Wanokuni arc.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Frankly, the Yamato thing seems like a “Jinbei-like” situation. At least based on the wording of still intending on heading out to sea after exploring Wano which explicitly singles Yamato out. Delayed but join later.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Spoilers are out

Yamato stays in wano? Hell yeah!!!
I’m honestly shocked because I was totally expecting Yamato to join, especially since it seemed like that was what Oda was building up to. Sadly, I guess no new Straw Hats after Jinbei.
I'm honestly not that surprised since we never got a scene where Luffy invited Yamato to join or Luffy accepting his request like we got with the rest of the Straw Hats. Plus, his interactions with the rest of the crew either felt fanboy-ish or like he was just barging himself into the crew. I don't know how to describe it but it gave him a similar vibe I got from characters like Vivi or Rebecca

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This. It's just over for Yamato.
Maybe as a Straw Hat, but I can see him coming back in a similar way to the Grand Fleet some day

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Maybe Oda wants to keep the power levels balance with the Straw Hats memebers and thats why Yamato doesnt join immediately.