• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

BlueDragonfangirl

I loved the chapter myself, tons of awesome moments and yah Tiger gotta feel bad for the guy. Oda for sure knows how to write, unlike some other manga which I'm upset with at this time ><

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I was shock to find out Koala was a girl. Anyway, apart from Arlong, they really took a liking to her. I'm interested to know how the Navy was tipped off, as i would think the Sun Pirates would have been more secretive. It was awesome to see the amount of stamina that Tiger Fisher had and his ability to still fight even after being critically wounded. Tiger Fisher's last moment was quite touching and seeing him reveal his real beliefs was great. A treat to see the past Kizaru. I can't wait to see how Arlong gets out of that confrontation. Great chapter.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I thought that Tiger's 360 personality was pretty lame. A lot more could have been done to make it more realistic such as the Marines taking back Koala to be a slave/arresting her for working with pirates/or something. His actions were way out of character at the particular moment. Fortunately, we got to see Arlong's racism in a lot of depth, which was good. And the scene where Jinbei asked Koala why humans are afraid of the fishmen was great as well.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I found Tiger's end rather fitting. He just could not overcome his own prejudices so he let himself die. However he knows what he feels is wrong and hopes the future generations will think differently. That in itself is very realistic to how things happen in the real world.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I was shock to find out Koala was a girl. Anyway, apart from Arlong, they really took a liking to her. I'm interested to know how the Navy was tipped off, as i would think the Sun Pirates would have been more secretive. It was awesome to see the amount of stamina that Tiger Fisher had and his ability to still fight even after being critically wounded. Tiger Fisher's last moment was quite touching and seeing him reveal his real beliefs was great. A treat to see the past Kizaru. I can't wait to see how Arlong gets out of that confrontation. Great chapter.

That was revealed in the last chapter...

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
That was revealed in the last chapter...
yeah i know, but last chapter her appearance kept throwing me off. This chapter Koala being a girl actually clicked.

BlueDragonfangirl

epic chapter was epic. so much stuff happend and tiger was bada** i can not wait for the next chapter/

Yah next chapter we should find out how the Queen died, bet its an epic way!

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
When in doubt it would take 3 days, but he had doubts the coating. So I am wondering about the State of the ship is currently Strawhats I am the owner of the new fast, otherwise it would be repeated in the sand of the bot. Then down to the Sentoumaru and Rayleigh Kizaru Strawhats/Rayleigh etc etc.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
So Arlong got captured by the Marines and lied about why Fisher Tiger died. I greatly feel sorry for Otohime, but she sure was dedicated. Even when things were completely at rock bottom, she kept on message with an awesome speech. so we now see what Jinbe meant when he said that what happen with Arlong was his fault, though seeing Jinbe beat Arlong up was quite funny. I wonder if we will see the rest of Jinbe's crew in the present time? Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens with the Tenryuubito and how it effects future events. And Shirahoshi continues to throw me off. Great chapter.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah, gotta feel bad for the Queen, she's become one of my favorites too, oh well Luffy will get revenge for her I'm sure. I hate those darn Dragon's, only One Piece characters I truly hate and want killed! Over all a good chapter, ok I'm thinking next week the Queen will die and the flashbacks will end. Oda knows how to do flashbacks.

Blaziryu

I thought that this week's chapter (624: Queen Otohime) was good. I feel sorry of Otohime. She was really trying to change things for the Fishman race yet they still refuse her beliefs. I also kinda felt sorry for Arlong.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
You know, Arlong has gotten way too much focus in this flashback for him not to be involved in the upcoming story.

Well, he's an important part of Jinbe's character so he deserves some characterization, especially since much of his past in the Arlong Arc was shrouded.

7 tyranitars

chapter is out. that was not what I expected but I guese everything worked out fine..

GaZsTiC

Alternating
This...was not what I expected.

I was pretty sure that the flashback was going to reach its conclusion with Otohime's death at the hands of the Tenryuubito, but it seems that there will be quite a bit more. It was rather anti-climatic. I hope Oda will be able to regain the momentum the story had after Tiger died - although I doubt it.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Not that it's much of a surprise, but you would think a Tenryuubito would be able to act more diplomatic, especially when left with no protection. Well it was understandable where the fishmen were coming from and their idea about covering it up was good. Shirahoshi crying and the Sea Kings coming was awesome, especially for the added bonus of granting some prospective in terms of the fishmen. Now we know the reason Van Decker wants Shirahoshi as his bride, well part of it. Seem sort of risky for Otohime to go with the Tenryuubito, knowing exactly what they prefer to do to fishmen, but it seems to have worked out for the best since she seems to have gotten some sort of deal from them. Very nice chapter.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Not yet the real evil of looming on the island seems to be Vander Decken.

I agree with you, but Decken and Hordy need to do something crazy to give them a good battle scene, I don't want an anti-climactic battle with reason being given to the Straw Hats improvement (like Hordy and Zoro).

You know what would be cool actually, Vander Decken using Hordy's Energy Steroids.