• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I'm kinda waiting for Oda to make at least one Celestial dragon in the future to not be a total monster. From what I've seen Oda seems to enjoy his shade of gray card. (looking at you, marines.) Although the majority would still be pretty dreadful. (that's understating of course.)

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I'm kinda waiting for Oda to make at least one Celestial dragon in the future to not be a total monster. From what I've seen Oda seems to enjoy his shade of gray card. (looking at you, marines.) Although the majority would still be pretty dreadful. (that's understating of course.)

I'm confused by what you want. Do you want him to draw the Nobles differently or act differently.

If it's the former, I'm sure it will happen eventually.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I'm sure once we get more into the Nobles, we've eventually get a good one or two.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm sure once we get more into the Nobles, we've eventually get a good one or two.

It'd be intresting if we had a good one, it'd make one twist of a storyline. Honestly, Oda has been doing an awesome job here. Many people were saying the mermaid Princess would be too weak, than an epic power she gets.

Thriller

Its almost time
I hope Otohime gets killed this chapter. Don't get me wrong now, she's been a marvelous character, and I look forward to seeing her animated, but since we already know she's gonna die, why put off the inevitable?

We gotta get back into the main conflict, and if my hunch about Jinbe taking the SH's somewhere is right, we gotta hurry and rescue Zoro, Ussop & Brook.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Chapter 626: Neptune Three Brothers
Coverstory: Baratie Linked Dessert Ship "Sister Anko" (Patti is on it)
(Anko is sweet beans, used in Japanese desserts)

The paper Queen Otohime got was a sheet of petition with World Noble signatures
A petition approving friendship between humans and fishmen
All the citizens of FI now agrees with Otohime, and she has gathered more signatures than ever before, more than the box can hold
Her efforts has finally come to fruition

There is a legend of mermaid princess that's born once every several centuries, that can empathize with Sea Kings. Shirahoshi is one.
The prophecy says one day someone will appear before her that will lead her to use her power for the greater good, and bring a massive change to the world.
If used with sinister intent, her power could bring end of the world... or save thousands of people if used with love and compassion.

Otohime is concerned that she may lose control of her powers and the Sea Kings could go on rampage if she loses herself like last time.
She asks her sons to protect their sister with their lives as both warriors and brothers if the time comes.

Someone sets fire on the collected signatures.
As the soldiers put out the fire and tries to move the petition to safety, a gun shot is heard.
At first they don't' know what the sound was, but then they see Otohime being shot.
In the midst of chaos, Decken touches Shirahoshi (T corrected it, he originally said Otohime)
As Otohime lays there dying, she tells her sons no matter who the perpetrator is, don't allow themselves to be enraged for her sake.
Shirahoshi witnesses the incident, and almost loses control again.
To prevent her from crying, the two brothers (the younger two of the three) tries to cheer her up with dance and songs
Fukaboshi swears upon his mother to keep her promise, while weeping
Shirahoshi: We're almost there... we're almost under the real sun...!
Shirahoshi and the three prince vows to keep their promise, by locking their pinkies together
(yubikiri - a Japanese promise tradition)

end

(T says he couldn't tell who the assassin was at all)
[IMG200]http://41.imagebam.com/download/Q24FbxR631-ihzkZu1jZhw/13376/133755049/img014.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://30.imagebam.com/download/V05CjG-5uftn1e3YKNs3PA/13376/133755051/img016.jpg[/IMG200]
Guess who dies!

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well all motivations have been set up already and we more or less know what everyone involved in the main conflict wants. Luffy will obviously help the princess with her power it's just a matter of when.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
The exchange between Vander Decken and his henchmen was pretty funny and we learn some more about his reasons for wanting Shirahoshi as a wife. I actually though he was after her ability to control Sea Kings. It was wonderful to see that all of Otohime's efforts were finally rewarded. Plus, it showed us at least one Tenryuubito appears not to be all that bad, if he's willing to support building relations between humans and fishmans. Hopefully that sort of Tenryuubito will play a role later on. Learning of the legend, it seems clear that Shirahoshi's ability will likely play a huge role later on. I have to say that I don't think Vander Decken had an actual hand in Otohime's death, but simply took advantage of the confusion for his own benefit. I could believe Hodi Jones or one of his group was the ones responsible for the burning of the papers and shooting the queen, considering they would have completely disagreed with her beliefs. Anyhow, this chapter was wonderful.

BlueDragonfangirl

Decken is too funny, too bad he's evil or I'd actually want him to be apart of the crew bahaha!! I look forward to seeing how Luffy will help guide the mermaid Princess, this is going to be one heck of an ending. Hodi is clearly the one who shot the Queen, of course seeing Luffy V.S Hodi even more now. Over all I loved the chapter and was sad when the Queen got killed but the Straw hats will get revenge for her. I can't wait for the next chapter, I'm thinking the flashbacks will end and will get back to what happened with Zoro, how long can he go on without airXD

Shiny pokemon lower

I would also liked if Decken was good and joined the strawhats. It's a sad story with the Queen who got killed and the princess who had to stay in the tower for all those years.:( But what about that pirate who captures mermaid to sell them as slaves shouldn't we see more to him? :/

BlueDragonfangirl

Wasn't he going to try and take the mermaid Princess before the flashbacks started? I think will be dealing with him once they end. Him and Decken, cuz I think they were both going to attack the gang at the same time.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh look. New One Piece is out and no one posts....How surprising....>_>

That human was obviously framed, I can totally see Hordy being the real shooter.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
So the shooter was a human, which clearly strained things farther. The question is, where did he come from and why did he do it. I can't help but thing that he was merely a pawn for someone's plan. So like Tiger Fisher, King Neptune also became conflicted in his desire for peace and hatred for humans. But at least Prince Fukaboshi and his brothers appears to have taken the matter of her wish upon his own hands. Now it becomes clear why Hodi and his gang is attacking now, when the time of the reverie has come. as expected, Jinbe didn't have a direct role in Arlong's actions and Nami holds no grudge. Quite funny how Luffy fell asleep at the very beginning of the story and how nonchalant Nami and Chopper were towards Shirahoshi. Very splendid chapter.

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh look. New One Piece is out and no one posts....How surprising....>_>

That human was obviously framed, I can totally see Hordy being the real shooter.

I would have posted, can't double post though =/ One Piece is very popular though, just not here for some reason, heck it just got a new selling record in Japan.

[spoil] I see Hodi being the one who shot the Queen too, it'd set up things real nice if that was the case. FYI I loved Luffy falling a sleep through the entire flashback, that just cracked me up. The ending was great, we are now going to get to find out what Hodi's evil sheme is. [/spoil]

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
At first I thought the killer was Arlong, but then I was like, "Wait, he's in East Blue..."
Anyway, is Shirahoshi's ability(?) considered to be Haki?

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master

Fa7e

her ability to call seakings is not haki, although i do imagine she will have been born with CoO like her mother, expecially if she might join the SH's, haki would be helpful, just the ability to call seakings could get old and i doubt shes got any fishmen karate **** up her sleave -_-

7 tyranitars

so that where 6 chapters of flashbacks o_O and yes hodi probably shot the queen, he is that kind of sneaky guy :p