• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Takeo

Haki is a strange power that is found in every living being in the world. It is like the normal senses. but what i meant to say was, most people do not notice it/fail to awaken it. yes, there are types of Haki common to everyone, given the proper training; but there is a type that only a certain group of "chosen ones" are said to possess.

Serah37

Yes, Conqueror's Haki is rare, only seen in 6 characters so far, but I don't really see where you're going with this. Hopefully Luffy declaring war on Big Mam will convince Jinbe to join now, and ask for help on his duty later, or while they're still in FI/when they're on their way to Big Mam.

Fleeting_Flash

On the topic of Shirahoshi, Oda did say that Usopp would always be the weakest member, so I never thought she had a chance in the first place.

My final SH crew would be:
Luffy
Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Chopper
Nico Robin
Franky
Brook
Jinbe
An unrevealed girl

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
On the topic of Shirahoshi, Oda did say that Usopp would always be the weakest member, so I never thought she had a chance in the first place.

Uhhh.. Nami?

If we're going by physically weakest anyway, he wouldn't even be that anymore..

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Chopper, the big version..
Usopp
Brook
Robin
Nami

Locormus

Oda's words, not mine, but I think that Nami and Usopp are even.

Nami has the abs, Usopp has the biceps.. Personally, I can't see Nami knocking something out with her flat belly, as opposed to her KO'ing Sanji with her not so flat chest..

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Nami has the abs, Usopp has the biceps.. Personally, I can't see Nami knocking something out with her flat belly, as opposed to her KO'ing Sanji with her not so flat chest..

That's not much of a fair comparison considering it's well....Sanji.

Takeo

So one piece is out. we learn with jimbe's quick thinking after white bread's death the 'sun pirates' came to Big Mama as protection, personally i would of thought Shanks might of been a better choice. Unintentionally it looks as if Luffy is just gonna make Big Mama more mad as the solider's decided to place a bomb, several bomb's where the Tamatebako was kept, though her two men haven't really left the island with the treasure, it seems likely she will receive the explosion coming to her.

Last edited:

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
So it seems that in addition to the candy, Big Mom gained control over the Sun pirates for protecting Fishman Island. Anyway, it looks like King Neptune is also in favor of having the Straw Hats be the ones to claim Fishman Island. And with those bombs inside the Tamatebako, it looks like Big Mom will have another reason to go after the Straw Hats. Everyone's reaction to the events were hilarious. It was nice to see Tashigi and Smoker again. Pretty nice chapter.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Hello, hello, hello, Tashigi!

You sure...filled out...nicely.

Locormus

So it seems that in addition to the candy, Big Mom gained control over the Sun pirates for protecting Fishman Island. Anyway, it looks like King Neptune is also in favor of having the Straw Hats be the ones to claim Fishman Island. And with those bombs inside the Tamatebako, it looks like Big Mom will have another reason to go after the Straw Hats. Everyone's reaction to the events were hilarious. It was nice to see Tashigi and Smoker again. Pretty nice chapter.

Did you notice the following:
- Luffy tells everybody about his declaration to Big Mom.
- Usopp, Chopper, Brook, Franky and Jinbe are scared out of their pants.
- Robin is seen smiling. And a very Mona Lisa-like smile even. As if she's not worried one bit!

That leaves me asking questions on her strength nowadays. Is she holding back?

Also: Pekoms has a Turtle Zoan-DF. Marco has a Phoenix Zoan-DF. All we need to complete the mystical quartet is a Tiger, and a Dragon Zoan-DF, spread over either Kaidou and Shanks, or Kaidou and BB.. Or Kaidou and the Revolutionaries.. Duh.. xD

Last, a short round up of Marine happenings:
- Headquarters: From Grandline to G5.
- Fleet Admiral Sengoku -> Resigned
- Admiral Akainu -> Fleet Admiral Akainu (1 promotion)
- Admiral Aokiji -> Resigned
- Vice Admiral Garp -> Resigned
- Commodore Smoker -> Vice Admiral Smoker (2 promotions)
- Ensign Tashigi -> Captain Tashigi (5 promotions)

So, we only need to know the following last few important things:
- Who are the two new Admirals?
- What ranks do: Coby, Helmeppo, Hina, Fullbody and Jango have?

It's cool to see that Smoker is a Vice Admiral now and Tashigi is a Captain. And wow, if a mere member of Big Mom's crew has a 330million bounty then Big Mom herself would have... idk. I can't wait for the inevitable Luffy vs Smoker that should happen soonish.

Tashigi being a Captain is a big step up, five whopping promotions! Well, it was inevitable if she has been fighting in the New World for all this time..

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well Robin not reacting isn't that strange, because that's how she's normally is. Though it probably is a result of her strength, as she has always been somewhat below the main three.

And seeing how Smoker is now a Vice Admiral, I'm gonna guess that the new Admirals are the former Vice Admirals, like the guy that came to get Hancock.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
Robin's always reacted to Luffy's decisions like this. It's not surprising that she just smiles it off. She respects Luffy and enjoys his antics.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well Robin not reacting isn't that strange, because that's how she's normally is. Though it probably is a result of her strength, as she has always been somewhat below the main three.

And seeing how Smoker is now a Vice Admiral, I'm gonna guess that the new Admirals are the former Vice Admirals, like the guy that came to get Hancock.

There are only 2 Admiral positions open and there are hundreds of Vice-Admirals lol.

Anyways the chapter was good. I'm just wondering how Luffy and co are gonna deal with Smoker and Tashigi.

Can't wait for Luffy and Smoker to fight along with Tashigi and Zoro. Oda better not skip those fights even if it looks like the base is tough.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well the new Admirals would likely be characters that we have already seen who hold some important, like being sent to retrieve a Shichibukai and killing a Sea King. Of course Momonga is the only person I can think of, so clearly my idea's not foolproof. Maybe that Onigumo guy. He had a pretty big role for a random guy.

Takeo

Uhhh.. Nami?

If we're going by physically weakest anyway, he wouldn't even be that anymore..

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Chopper, the big version..
Usopp
Brook
Robin
Nami

Brook before Robin and Nami...?? Ummmm did you some how forget his only bones, that might make him light and agile but still.

Locormus

Well the new Admirals would likely be characters that we have already seen who hold some important, like being sent to retrieve a Shichibukai and killing a Sea King. Of course Momonga is the only person I can think of, so clearly my idea's not foolproof. Maybe that Onigumo guy. He had a pretty big role for a random guy.

Brook before Robin and Nami...?? Ummmm did you some how forget his only bones, that might make him light and agile but still.

Whoops.. Yeah, you're right about that. But in a skillfight, he'd definitely not be last. Probably somwhere in sixth place:

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Jinbe
5. Robin
6. Brook
7. Monster Point Chopper
8. Franky
9. Usopp
10. Nami

I think that should be fair. Brook can stop people's movement with music, that should be stronger then Chopper's random Palming of opponents. Ow, and yeah, it might not look fair, but the margins between the crewmates has become smaller over the timeskip. I'd actually put it down like this:

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji/Jinbe
5. Robin/Brook
7/10. Chopper, Franky, Usopp, Nami

Robin and Brook are close to Sanji and Jinbe, but not in the same respects. Sanji is more blunt force while Brook has a more tactical fighting style, while Robin is more stealthy and Jinbe is more of a tank really..

Perhaps then something more like this:
Top Two: Luffy, Zoro.
Blunt Fighters: Sanji, Franky
Tanking Fighters: Jinbe, Chopper
Tactical Fighters: Brook, Usopp
Stealthy Fighers: Robin, Nami

Pretty much how I see it.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
Whoops.. Yeah, you're right about that. But in a skillfight, he'd definitely not be last. Probably somwhere in sixth place:

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Jinbe
5. Robin
6. Brook
7. Monster Point Chopper
8. Franky
9. Usopp
10. Nami

I think that should be fair. Brook can stop people's movement with music, that should be stronger then Chopper's random Palming of opponents. Ow, and yeah, it might not look fair, but the margins between the crewmates has become smaller over the timeskip. I'd actually put it down like this:

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji/Jinbe
5. Robin/Brook
7/10. Chopper, Franky, Usopp, Nami

Robin and Brook are close to Sanji and Jinbe, but not in the same respects. Sanji is more blunt force while Brook has a more tactical fighting style, while Robin is more stealthy and Jinbe is more of a tank really..

Perhaps then something more like this:
Top Two: Luffy, Zoro.
Blunt Fighters: Sanji, Franky
Tanking Fighters: Jinbe, Chopper
Tactical Fighters: Brook, Usopp
Stealthy Fighers: Robin, Nami

Pretty much how I see it.

I like the list except I think Nami would fit better under tactical fighter, as her weather weaponry falls under that more.

Recon

Is it just me, or did the last two chapters resemble the Alabasta arc a little?