• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So we now know Bartolomeo's devil fruit huh? I wasn't expecting him to have barrier powers, but I guess that's interesting. I don't much care for the tournament at the moment though; I'm just waiting for "Lucy" to fight and show off a bit. That and the plan that Law and the other Straw Hats are trying to carry out on Dressrosa.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This is going to be one long tournament if each block ends up taking this long, and it's only the first round. Though the new characters and abilities are still pretty interesting.

As said, the tournament will likely be disrupted by something external, like CP-0. We've got two interesting characters in Block D, so lets hope that Block C hurries along and focuses on Luffy/Don-Family without anything other, so Rebecca/Cavendish can wrap up Block D, and we'll be in the second round in no time. Though I expect a break from the tournament next chapter.

Block A: Jesus
Block B: Barty
Block C: Luffy
Block D: Cavendish

And then you have a selected few Donquixote men in the second round I guess.

So we now know Bartolomeo's devil fruit huh? I wasn't expecting him to have barrier powers, but I guess that's interesting. I don't much care for the tournament at the moment though; I'm just waiting for "Lucy" to fight and show off a bit. That and the plan that Law and the other Straw Hats are trying to carry out on Dressrosa.

I'm a bit intrigued in the factory workers.. I hope it isn't going to end up as that factory in Bangladesh..

BlueDragonfangirl

I know, it sucks! Hope Oda gets better, I wonder how long this arc we are in will be? The tournament itself is already pretty big.

Locormus

I know, it sucks! Hope Oda gets better, I wonder how long this arc we are in will be? The tournament itself is already pretty big.

I think we're looking at 60-80 chapters at the least/most? We've been in this arc for 12 chapters, while Punk Hazard lasted for 44 chapters. This is the middle part of the Alliance-saga, but it is also the highly anticipated DonFlamingo-Arc, one of the major players we've known about since around the time the Grand Line-arc started.

1. Punk Hazard: Set Up
2. Dressrosa: Core story aspects worked out: Marines enter the fold on a bigger/organized scale, as well as other players such as CPaegis0.
3. Kaidou Conflict: Culminated conflict of previously set up storylines
4. Wano Country: Epilogue, and results

1. Lasted 44 chapters
2. I reckon will last about 60-70 (80 max).
3. I reckon will last about 40 chapters if we're lucky.
4. I reckon this will last about 10-15 if Oda feels on dragging the story into the next arc a bit slower, which I don't.

Meaning the total saga would last us about 170 chapters, which is more than the length of the Whitebeard War-saga, depending if you could count Wano Country (if it happens) as part of the arc, or the next.

If I could predict what is going to happen, then I'd guess the following:
- The Block-stage of the tournament finishes after C and D blocks are done.
- Then we get the final stages: Man to man combat between Jesus, Bartolomeo, Luffy, D-winner, and the Donquixote's.
- Meanwhile we're getting set up for the trade on Greenbit, and some more CP0-insight.
- Before the final winner can be claimed, there will be a huge commotion, partly caused by a culmination of:
1. Franky and his storyline with the factory
2. Zoro, Kinemon and Sanji and their respective storylines
3. All of these arousing the attention of CP-0.
- Meanwhile while the entire place is going to haywire, Fujitora orders a Buster Call (possible), while the trade takes place on Greenbit.
- While the island is being attacked Luffy will have to choose between defending the island and aiding his friends which are at the hands of DD's mercy.
- Bigger conflict ensues and there will be a solution at the end which I, obviously, can't predict.

So.. Before the tournament is over, I'd guess another 15 chapters at least, depending on how extensive the seperate stories will be, could be more, but it could also be less. CP-0 facing off against Zoro, Kinemon and Sanji will take up like a few chapters, while the trade will take up a few as well. Then there's the Buster Call, which is just prediction, but seems likely considering the easy target an island full of named outlaws is. I can see that easily taken up 20 chapters as well before that is finally stopped and the final, final conflict between Luffy and Donquixote will start. Which can take up 20 chapters as well. Boom.. Easily 60 chapters right there.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I've caught up with the Manga, finally! So how long until the next chapter, 1 week right?

Locormus

I've caught up with the Manga, finally! So how long until the next chapter, 1 week right?

Oda has just announced that One Piece will continue as a bi-monthly manga in effect. In any case, we didn't get a chapter last week, and we won't be getting it this week either if the sources are correct. June 12th seems like the reasonable next chapter date.

Joking aside, though the date is real, Oda is slowly killing himself with abusive substances, and is therefore sick on almost a regular basis, which in effect means we get a ton of breaks. The past two months we've had about 3 chapters perhaps? Something about an illness coming up again, and Golden Week causing a stall, and a prior break beforehand.

How long did it take you to catch up? Did you buy any actual volumes? What is your favorite arc? How did you react to the crew getting separated? Do you think that Crocodile could've been a woman? And lastly, do you think that DoFlamingo is getting away this arc? Oh, and by default: Next Nakama suspects?

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Only 30 more to go and we'll hit the big one double zero.

Cover's awesome.

Rave

Banned
i kinda think that chick that ran into Sanji is probably gonna be his lover by the end of this storyline. probably may end up changing his character for good or maturing, knowing how Oda is with character development and stuff. I'm thinking either she or Sanji would end up eating the fire fire fruit. seeing that sanji's always getting all "fired up" lately moreso than everyone else whenever he gets pissed.

lolipiece

Staff member
Sanji eating the fruit would cause his swimming ability to be lost.

Considering he's the guy who's all about legs, and his "Blue Walk" technique, that would be a bad thing.

It's also redundant. Sanji can already create fire...somehow.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
Sanji eating the fruit would cause his swimming ability to be lost.

Considering he's the guy who's all about legs, and his "Blue Walk" technique, that would be a bad thing.

It's also redundant. Sanji can already create fire...somehow.

i do agree and i think that he creates fire using his speed and friction with the air thus fire

i think the d.f of fire will be destroyed, probably but Luffy so someone else doesn't get it. this would most likey be done as a way of proceting Aces memory as someone else eating (especially someone vile) and to do dishorner Ace because someone else is using his abilities

PokeMaster366

Oda has just announced that One Piece will continue as a bi-monthly manga in effect. In any case, we didn't get a chapter last week, and we won't be getting it this week either if the sources are correct. June 12th seems like the reasonable next chapter date.

Joking aside, though the date is real, Oda is slowly killing himself with abusive substances, and is therefore sick on almost a regular basis, which in effect means we get a ton of breaks. The past two months we've had about 3 chapters perhaps? Something about an illness coming up again, and Golden Week causing a stall, and a prior break beforehand.

How long did it take you to catch up? Did you buy any actual volumes? What is your favorite arc? How did you react to the crew getting separated? Do you think that Crocodile could've been a woman? And lastly, do you think that DoFlamingo is getting away this arc? Oh, and by default: Next Nakama suspects?

Yeah, It is starting to get around that time, isn't it? Oda does seem to be getting much slower and weaker thanks to his illnesses. Maybe it's about time he found someone that could help him more with One Piece and study up on it so that if something does happen, at least the story won't be picked up by someone completely lame (funny how this sounds so similar to Luffy's problem in the current arc). I do not want this manga to go through the same tragedy as Samurai Jack (it's just too good!).

I do agree and I think that he creates fire using his speed and friction with the air thus fire

I think the d.f of fire will be destroyed, probably but Luffy so someone else doesn't get it. this would most likely be done as a way of protecting Aces memory as someone else eating (especially someone vile) and to do dishonor Ace because someone else is using his abilities

If the DF was destroyed, it would simply respawn in another fruit. I think Luffy will just keep it locked up somewhere on his ship until he finds someone worthy or close that will willingly eat it (like Sabo if he's still alive).

lolipiece

Staff member
Yeah, It is starting to get around that time, isn't it? Oda does seem to be getting much slower and weaker thanks to his illnesses. Maybe it's about time he found someone that could help him more with One Piece and study up on it so that if something does happen, at least the story won't be picked up by someone completely lame (funny how this sounds so similar to Luffy's problem in the current arc). I do not want this manga to go through the same tragedy as Samurai Jack (it's just too good!).

If the DF was destroyed, it would simply respawn in another fruit. I think Luffy will just keep it locked up somewhere on his ship until he finds someone worthy or close that will willingly eat it (like Sabo if he's still alive).

That's the price one must pay when they become a mangaka....

Rave

Banned

Thing is, I can tell already Oda is already beginning to stretch out his creativity plane as much as he was able to do so past the mermaid island arc. The substance in the storylines as of late have been beginning to no longer become original and lack that fresh feel he once had. This latest arc with the tournament style and everything was something I didn't think he would do, but ended up doing, and knowing him, he's probably gonna trash the tournament midway and make it even more crazier. It's safe to say that Oda's really beginning to start wrapping things up with the series considering the way things have been going as of late. I'd say the series has about a good 7-8 years left in it to go, considering that an arc usually lasts up to about a year.

That's the price one must pay when they become a mangaka....

Considering their living and work conditions, I'm honestly not surprised... -_-;

Locormus

Volume 70's cover! =) This volume'll be released in Japan on June the 4th.

Cover is all over the place: Dislike.

Thing is, I can tell already Oda is already beginning to stretch out his creativity plane as much as he was able to do so past the mermaid island arc. The substance in the storylines as of late have been beginning to no longer become original and lack that fresh feel he once had. This latest arc with the tournament style and everything was something I didn't think he would do, but ended up doing, and knowing him, he's probably gonna trash the tournament midway and make it even more crazier. It's safe to say that Oda's really beginning to start wrapping things up with the series considering the way things have been going as of late. I'd say the series has about a good 7-8 years left in it to go, considering that an arc usually lasts up to about a year.

Considering their living and work conditions, I'm honestly not surprised... -_-;

I'm feeling a Buster Call coming up quite soon.

Oh, and reportedly, there have been spoilers about stating a release tomorrow, and something about a Marine Warship, so apologies for my previous statement of June 10th if these prove to be true.

lolipiece

Staff member
Law does have a weakness. Nice to know.

Dwarves, huh? Those were mentioned back in the slave trade.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Law does have a weakness. Nice to know.

Dwarves, huh? Those were mentioned back in the slave trade.

And by Noland and one of Usopp's tales to Kaya.

I'm glad they expanded on the Caesar trade and I'm glad the exchange will happen soon, if all goes to plan.

Rave

Banned
I'm feeling a Buster Call coming up quite soon.

Something like that, or some very strong pirates get way out of hand and trash it, resulting in it.

And by Noland and one of Usopp's tales to Kaya.

Usopp's lies end up becoming true anyways.