• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved this chapter. Seeing Doflamingo vs. Law even for just a few pages was awesome, and I liked that everyone finally communicated with each other and that Luffy told the others to "go wild" and basically gave them permission to do whatever they felt was right. I loved how Nami and the others reacted about having to return to Dressrosa, and that Dellinger guy surprised me with his high heels. Also, I really hope Law didn't die at the end of the chapter. But seeing Doflamingo appear in front of the colosseum was cool.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
Well i think i figured out what Doflamingo is doing by using a tournament he could lure and defeat wanted criminal and hand them off to the navy in excange for the service. Anbody else got any ideas

Lorde

So Law is still alive, but just barely and Doflamingo and Fujitora took him back to the palace. Seeing Fujitora fight Zoro and Kinemon was cool even if it was a short fight, and seeing Big Mom's crew arrive in front of the Thousand Sunny was interesting; CC really is popular lol. It seems that the crew is splitting up; the Thousand Sunny group heading to Zou while the other Strawhats stay in Dressrosa.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well darn, was hoping Law got killed, silly me Oda hasn't killed any one since the WhiteBeared War.

This was one crazy chapter, never would have thought Big Mom would have been in this arc, thought they'd at least foreshadow it at the end of this arc. Man oh man do the Strawhat's have a lot this time, last time that happened was in the Thriller Bark arc, it's bad enough they had to deal with Dof and his crew already but now Big Mom too? Not to mention the Goverment. They'll defiantly get a bounty upgrade at this rate, most likely Luffy and Zoro for now and maybe Law. I hope Luffy's goes higher than Law though, maybe at Kid's but he won't be too happy if that happens LOL.

I think Kid and his team will enter the picture soon, they were after Big Mom too. I'd love a Luffy / Kid team up, I imagine it being some what like Sanji / Zoro's relationship, remember Kid sees Luffy as his rival now.

I hope Sanji is able to at least take out two of Big Mom's men, he hasn't been doing so good in the Time skip, this would be a good way to redeem him. I'd hate for Kid's team to come and rescue them :(

With Luffy out of the tournament now, I can see either BlackBeard or Bart getting it. In a way it would be kind of interesting if BlackBeard got it to make things more intense for Luffy's / BlackBeard's rivalry, I can already see an emotional break down from Luffy whenever he hears the news on that. I'd feel so bad for Luffy if that happened though :(

I can't wait to see how things turn out, let's see Luffy's team is Zoro / Usopp / Robin / Franky, I hope all of them get some good match ups. I look forward to seeing how Luffy wins against Dof, that guy deserves to get trashed.

Kazuki Mirai

NOW we're going somewhere with this arc. Yeesh, took them long enough. Oda needs to not like branch off a lot and actually be more focused in the plot.

Lorde

NOW we're going somewhere with this arc. Yeesh, took them long enough. Oda needs to not like branch off a lot and actually be more focused in the plot.

I don't know, I thought this arc was already going somewhere. I like that Oda has been jumping around and focusing on different plot points since there's a lot going on. He's done a good job so far but I am excited to see the end of the tournament and the battle at Doflamingo's palace.

Lorde

I just read the chapter; I didn't expect it to be out so early. Anyway, seeing Bartolomeo helping Bellamy was nice, as was Bartolomeo's reaction to seeing Luffy again lol. I liked learning that it was the little girl (Sugar) who had the devil fruit ability to turn people into toys and not Trebol although he seems to be her body guard. Sabo was the main part of the chapter obviously, but I was never interested in his character so I didn't care for that moment; I was more pleased with seeing Koala and learning that she's a Revolutionary.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
OMG! OMG! OMG! D: I cant believe this... This cant be... This is some sort of lie... How could it be?! Trebol isn't the toy-maker?! Come on now... This dude gives off total pervert vibes, I totally thought he was the one who was making the toys... But I like Sugar, she seems like she's gonna be Ussopp's opponent so hopefully this isn't a Thriller Bark-esque fight

Bellamy and Bart's interaction was really... Pointless... I don't really like either of their characters so I pretty much skipped their forced dialogue there.

Then came the most beautiful sight to behold the manga since whats-her-face (Violet)... Koala! :p Turns out she's a revolutionary now and might know some kick-*** Fishman Karate, if they don't make her a Tashigi 2.0 that is

Bart's gonna make sure to get Ace's fruit back which is nice of him, but I have a feeling when he gets his *** handed to him were gonna get a pathetic flashback on his past thus leading him to become a SH/ SH division commander of what-not

Oh yeah, and whats-his-face is alive... Yay? :/

Oh yeah, and once again I don't know if we should discuss the anime here or not but I simply cant wait for the next filler arc! I LOVE One Piece filler! :D

BlueDragonfangirl

This chapter was insane! I thought last weeks chapter topped it all, turns out I was wrong, Oda keeps doing it over and over again :D
My opinion, I love Bart's character and hope he joins the crew for a bit, his admiring of Luffy is funny and liked his interactions with Bellamy, that's just me though. I hope some time in the future we see them working together, fighting a few of Dof's crew, that'd be pretty cool :)

Sabo being a live, for some reason I didn't expect that, no matter what a lot if fans thought I just didn't think this was possible LOL Boy am I glad I was wrong, I can't wait to see an actual reunion between the two when the craziness dies down. I do hope Luffy punches him in the face though for not trying to save Ace's life, even if they thought it wasn't going to work he could have tried, maybe it would have made a difference some what :(

Wonder if will see Sabo V.S Burgress? I hope he and Luffy are on the same level though, that'd be pretty cool if they were :)

The Strawhats really do seem to be in a big mess right now, good thing they are slowly building an army in this arc :D

Man, am I loving this arc. I wonder if will get get back to Sanji's group V.S Big Mom's crew?

Last edited:

Recon

...am I the only one pissed off by the fact that Sabo is alive? I felt his "death" gave the story a darker edge, that his death has a purpose, gave the reader another reason to hate the Divine Dragons. But no, he's back from the dead.

I think that character deaths progress the story and allows characters to grow. But by having the character revived, that growth and progression is pointless.

Last edited:

Lorde

...am I the only one pissed off by the fact that Sabo is alive?

Probably lol. I'm pretty much indifferent to it; I never cared about his character, in fact, the chapters that showed him and Luffy and Ace as kids were some of the most boring ones I've read in the entire manga tbh. Of course I might grow to like him, but at the moment I feel nothing for him and I really don't want him to eat the Mera Mera no Mi.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
So Sabo's alive? I guess I was wrong there (I think, don't actually remember my opinion but probably would have assumed he was dead) but at least Luffy now has another "brother" to help guide him. And I like that the girl Koala is apart of the Revolutionary army.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
...am I the only one pissed off by the fact that Sabo is alive? I felt his "death" gave the story a darker edge, that his death has a purpose, gave the reader another reason to hate the Divine Dragons. But no, he's back from the dead.

I think that character deaths progress the story and allows characters to grow. But by having the character revived, that growth and progression is pointless.

I agree with you I felt it was necessary for Luffy's growth that being the reason he was there. *sigh* no point aruging it tho, but it would be the best twist ever if it was ace (give that fire can burnt hotter then lava or so i read) and the fruit was a fake. But hey Dragon probability saved him but dam there better be a good reason for his survival.

PokeMaster366

I agree with you I felt it was necessary for Luffy's growth that being the reason he was there. *sigh* no point aruging it tho, but it would be the best twist ever if it was ace (give that fire can burnt hotter then lava or so i read) and the fruit was a fake. But hey Dragon probability saved him but dam there better be a good reason for his survival.

I would prefer for Ace to stay dead, thank you. I don't see how Ace would be able to fake his death like that, and all Sabo had to live through was a cannon blast. He'd probably be woozy from the blast and drifting around the waters a bit, but at least he had a better chance of surviving that than Ace did surviving a fist made of lava, haki, and extremist hatred...but never mind that. I'm still wondering what would happen if Lola's mom was Big Mam. Would Big Mam still wipe out the Straw Hats? I'm thinking that Big Mam would only feel indebted enough to give Luffy a fair chance to beat her. I bet she would give him time to buff up and gain new abilities to use before the big fight for Fishman Island.

Lorde

New chapter is out and I thought it was okay. Seeing Franky arrive at the factory and attack Senor Pink and his subordinates was cool. I particularly liked that chart that showed the Donquixote Pirates and the "army" that each member belongs to. I'm glad Ussop, Robin, and the dwarves arrived at the underground harbor place. Things are moving quickly again.