• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Morax

King of heroes
Thats why most people love DP and XY Ash because he was more mature compared to BW and SM Ash, but even in DP and XY, Ash's problems were quickly solved because Serena didnt allow Ash to act differently for more than one episode.
Bruh all of Ash’s problems are solved with the power of friendship…..and yet you’re still watching pokemon.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Bruh all of Ash’s problems are solved with the power of friendship…..and yet you’re still watching pokemon.
Because i dont do things because people do them, i do things my own way and if i like something even though people dont, i dont care about those people's opinion and do whatever is good for me.

Morax

King of heroes
Because i dont do things because people do them, i do things my own way and if i like something even though people dont, i dont care about those people's opinion and do whatever is good for me.
So why were you complaining about the lack of deaths in One Piece?

Leonhart

Imagineer
So I was right that Luffy would have a 3 billion beri bounty, although I never would've guessed that Law and Kid would receive the same bounty at the exact same time. While I realize that they did help take down Big Mom and even fought Kaido and survived, I don't think they deserve that amount since Luffy was the one who did the heavy lifting against Kaido and actually defeated him. Not to mention that since he's Dragon's son, has a legendary Devil Fruit, and is generally one of the biggest threats to the World Government, his bounty is at least justified whereas Law and Kid haven't done enough to justify their bounty increase from my perspective.

The Pluton being in Wano interests me a lot more, however. I previously assumed it was hidden in Alabasta and I thought Imu being interested in Vivi had something to do with that, but I guess that theory is out the window now. Only Uranus remains unaccounted for, although I've always suspected that the World Government has it in their possession.

And lastly, Buggy becoming a Yonko is disappointing to me. While I understand the logic behind the decision somewhat [he has a large fleet and capable fighters that escaped from Impel Down], I find it vexing that Buggy keeps stumbling into situations where he gains incredible power while doing the very least himself.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
So why were you complaining about the lack of deaths in One Piece?
Because i dont like the idea of One Piece fans looking down on Naruto because of how problem were solved in it, i dont care if Luffy kills his enemies or not, i just want people to enjoy whatever anime they like without looking down on other anime.

Morax

King of heroes
Because i dont like the idea of One Piece fans looking down on Naruto because of how problem were solved in it, i dont care if Luffy kills his enemies or not, i just want people to enjoy whatever anime they like without looking down on other anime.
Dude at least try be consistent with your argument……

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Dude at least try be consistent with your argument……
1.I watch Pokemon knowing that most problems are gonna be solved by the power of friendships even though people dont like it.
2.If One Piece fans look down on Naruto because of Talk no Jutsu then they should first look at the number of impactful deaths in One Piece.
thats all.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
2.If One Piece fans look down on Naruto because of Talk no Jutsu then they should first look at the number of impactful deaths in One Piece.
thats all.
TNJ is a joke and while it got annoying, I can assure you you're missing the point if you think that's the main issue OP fans (or anyone for that matter) have with Naruto. The whole power system and structure of Naruto went horribly haywire after the Pain arc (if Naruto stopped at Pain arc, I'd have them equal). The war arc was a ridiculous mess, Sakura was always unlikable, Obito as a twist, "coolest guy ever" and ofc the worst, Kaguya. OP even after 20+ years feels coherent and like an actual world journey. Naruto was all over the place

Morax

King of heroes
1.I watch Pokemon knowing that most problems are gonna be solved by the power of friendships even though people dont like it.
thats all.
You have no right to complain about One Piece and the 'lack of meaningful deaths' in it when you consume freaking pokemon knowing that it relies on power of friendship.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
welp:
we got an explanation for why Luffy’s bounty was low. Gorosei wanted to cover **** up but incompetence screwed them over as the Marines never got orders to do so, wanted the D. removed from Luffy’s name in his poster but was printed anyways and his pic is his G5 form which they didn’t want. Now Morgans is on a printing spree which completely screws them over lmao.

So in a nutshell, Morgans and WG incompetence completely screwed them over lmao.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
You have no right to complain about One Piece and the 'lack of meaningful deaths' in it when you consume freaking pokemon knowing that it relies on power of friendship.
I said i dont care about the lack of meaningful deaths in One Piece as long as One Piece fans dont look down on naruto because of the lack of deaths in it.
if the number of maningful deaths in One Piece increases in the future then i could take it, but not right now when the number of meaningful deaths in both anime is equal.
TNJ is a joke and while it got annoying, I can assure you you're missing the point if you think that's the main issue OP fans (or anyone for that matter) have with Naruto. The whole power system and structure of Naruto went horribly haywire after the Pain arc (if Naruto stopped at Pain arc, I'd have them equal). The war arc was a ridiculous mess, Sakura was always unlikable, Obito as a twist, "coolest guy ever" and ofc the worst, Kaguya. OP even after 20+ years feels coherent and like an actual world journey. Naruto was all over the place
The power scale in One Piece isnt always consistent, sometimes Luffy fights enemies that are weaker than him equally(like when he fought Page One and Ulti and then he fought Kaido who is much stronger than both Page One and Ulti).
Nami needed a lot of help before she defeated Ulti.
about Sakura, you know a lot of anime from the 2000's had unlikable girl characters because of their lack of strength(this problem was solved only in the last 5-6 years with anime like Black Clover, My Hero Academy and Jujutsu Kaisen where girl characters are treated much better), Obito wasnt that bad IMO, just that Kishimoto left behind Obito's previous phrase during the war(those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are lower than scum) and Kaguya, once again IMO was to show the progress of Team 7 because Sakura and Kakashi were useless against Madara, but you saw that Naruto used new version of his older techniques like Naruto Region Combo against Kaguya and Sakura and Kakashi were relevant in the battle against Kaguya so the battle was to show the progress of Team 7 since their battle against Haku and Zabuza, their previous battle as a team.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Talk about an interesting revelation. Pluton's in Wano and Hitetsu is actually Kozuki Sukiyaki

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
How on earth dig Buggy, of all people, manage to become a Yonko? Did a freaking earthquake hit when the Marine’s were trying to capture him and wipe everyone else out with only Buggy left standing? I can’t, I’m laughing so hard at Buggy being a Yonko

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
How on earth dig Buggy, of all people, manage to become a Yonko? Did a freaking earthquake hit when the Marine’s were trying to capture him and wipe everyone else out with only Buggy left standing? I can’t, I’m laughing so hard at Buggy being a Yonko
He always finds a way

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

The meme aside, from the public's point of view it actually makes a lot of sense. He has the influence, he's an ex-warlord, former Roger Pirate, ally of Shanks, probably gained territory since the Warlord's got abolished, has all those ex-prisoners from Impel Down. He has a delivery service so he's got connections. Plus we don't know what happened outside to really pushed him into this position yet.
Without the context we have as readers, why wouldn't anyone see him as a big deal?

It's like Luffy becoming a Emperor but not Kid and Law, same bounties and credit for the fall of Kaido and Big Mom, but because Luffy has a fleet and territory he got in and they didn't.

Last edited: