• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I guess Carrot for Nakama is officially dead. I really wanted her to join the crew but oh well, I’m excited for Yamato to join.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So how likely do you think Yamato will join the Straw Hats? I know he’s a popular character, but something doesn't feel right since we haven't seen Luffy either invite him to join or accept his request to join like he did with Robin. Plus there are people saying Yamato won't join since his devil fruit form is the Divine Beast of Wano & he needs to stay behind to train Momonouske

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yamato always refers to himself as he/him and as Kaido’s son, so that’s what’s appropriate to use. It’s mostly that parts of the fanbase are having some real issues accepting that.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yamato always refers to himself as he/him and as Kaido’s son, so that’s what’s appropriate to use. It’s mostly that parts of the fanbase are having some real issues accepting that.
Thanks for clearing that up

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’m not even gonna bother about the ongoing gender gibberish which no normal person should care about.

But on what I was actually going to say:

I’m ready to laugh at 95% of the fandom if both Yamato and Carrot end up joining :>

bobjr

Staff member
To be fair we did just get background information that talked about how that the original idea for Yamato would have been someone who was more pro-Oden execution and more in conflict with realizing he's male, but that was scrapped for a Yamato that was already confident in being male, and was all in on Oden. It's more that every fanbase has it's bad people.

We also had Raizo stuff cut too, but I wonder if that could make the anime. Also Apoo's testicles are bells.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Either way, as much as I want Yamato and Carrot to join the Straw Hats, I don't see either of them joining for several reasons:
  • Neither of them got the invitation or approval from Luffy (this to me is just as important as the tragic backstory)
  • Carrot was assigned to lead the Minks
  • Yamato's Zoa form is the divine beast of Wano
  • Someone needs to train Momonouske in case the World Government or evil pirates try to claim Wano for themselves

bobjr

Staff member
Carrot has been somewhat out of the running for some time, but Zou being a mobile island with her as a future leader basically means she can come back anytime.

Yamato has some confirmation and bonding with Luffy and the gang, but he doesn't have that dramatic moment the others have gotten so far. Yamato doesn't want to casually join the crew, like he essentially already has, he wants a crazy Oden-esque grand gesture to impress everyone.

PsychoLogical

Either way, as much as I want Yamato and Carrot to join the Straw Hats, I don't see either of them joining for several reasons:
  • Neither of them got the invitation or approval from Luffy (this to me is just as important as the tragic backstory)
  • Carrot was assigned to lead the Minks
  • Yamato's Zoa form is the divine beast of Wano
  • Someone needs to train Momonouske in case the World Government or evil pirates try to claim Wano for themselves
As of the recent chapter, it’s basically 100% confirmed that Yamato’s going to join. Just likely not in a normal way. He’s Straw Hat #11.

Carrot is the actual question. And her being abruptly assigned as the Minks’s leader essentially revives and gives an argument to Carrot joining the crew since it was shown that she’s refusing it due to factors like being inexperienced and that others would do better, and the mention of Pedro’s will which is what will essentially determine her fate.

From that, I say that moment will essentially be the catalyst of her bailing due to presumably not being ready for the responsibility.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
So many people right now seem to think the opposite. It's insane.
Why is that? she doesnt even appear in the openings and she couldnt even beat Perospero.
by the way, everyone should whatever they want , i rather call Yamato a she after that hot springs scene and how Sanji acted when he saw her.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why is that?
It's because of Carrot's reaction to being dubbed the new king of Zou and her reluctance of taking the job. They're basically saying she's gonna skip town and stowaway on the sunny.

PsychoLogical

It's because of Carrot's reaction to being dubbed the new king of Zou and her reluctance of taking the job. They're basically saying she's gonna skip town and stowaway on the sunny.
Which frankly, is actually realistic.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I get where they are coming from, but i think that since one of Inuarashi's musketeers said they will protect her, that make me think thats better for her if she couldnt beat Perospero meanwhile most Straw Hat members beat Tobi Roppo and King and Queen.

bobjr

Staff member
Why is that? she doesnt even appear in the openings and she couldnt even beat Perospero.
by the way, everyone should whatever they want , i rather call Yamato a she after that hot springs scene and how Sanji acted when he saw her.
We literally had a scene where the two trans characters had a moment where they entered gendered baths. Why is this so hard to understand, it’s not like it’s subtext, it’s literally text.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto

Combining transphobia with biphobia just makes this post worse.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
We literally had a scene where the two trans characters had a moment where they entered gendered baths. Why is this so hard to understand, it’s not like it’s subtext, it’s literally text.
Unlike Yamato, Kikunojo acted normally when he was around women and the women around him also acted normally while being in the same hot springs.
i used the term "he" in this comment only to make myself clear, i have no problem to use the term "she" in my next comments regarding Kikunojo.
and as for you, Yuugis Black Magician, i would like for us to not get into argument with each other since one of the mods around here didnt like my previous argument with somene else in this thread.

bobjr

Staff member
We’ve had like 2 chapters in a row of Yamato acting like one of the guys, and outside of Sanji’s reaction, which has no real factor in things, literally everyone has been referring to Yamato as a guy. The whole point of the hot springs scene was almost beating you over the head how they each see their gender and accept it.

Even in terms of Oda logic, Yamato loves Franky’s robot lasers, which is a running gag that guys love and women don’t get why guys love it.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Unlike Yamato, Kikunojo acted normally when he was around women and the women around him also acted normally while being in the same hot springs.
i used the term "he" in this comment only to make myself clear, i have no problem to use the term "she" in my next comments regarding Kikunojo.
and as for you, Yuugis Black Magician, i would like for us to not get into argument with each other since one of the mods around here didnt like my previous argument with somene else in this thread.

Misgendering a trans woman in the same post you tell a trans woman to not argue with you about transphobia and Sanji's bisexuality is a bit of a baffling move to me but frankly if I don't have to make another post I won't.