• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why did we give the horse a horse fruit. What benefit does it gain other than the wings?
I think that's the joke.
---------------------------------------------------

One Piece Film: Red is really good and all of you should go watch it. Zero idea how good it is compared to other One Piece movies but I loved it.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
One Piece Film: Red is really good and all of you should go watch it. Zero idea how good it is compared to other One Piece movies but I loved it.
The plot is too well known.
a villain with a good ideal, but the execution is bad and he/she forces his/her ideal on others.
if you want others to have the same ideal as you, you should talk it out with them and prove to them that your ideal is good in a good way without resorting to violence.

TheWanderingMist

All of the scenes with shanks were a 10/10 but the plot was generic villain-of-the-day tier.
...what. Literally all the movies are villains of the day, from what I remember. Excluding the compilation ones. So I'm just gonna take this as you have no idea what that term actually means.

Morax

King of heroes
...what. Literally all the movies are villains of the day, from what I remember. Excluding the compilation ones. So I'm just gonna take this as you have no idea what that term actually means.
Yes they are? That’s why i’m calling them ‘generic’, they are nothing to write home about. One Piece works better when it’s episodic.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Jaguar D. Saul apparently survived the Ohara incident is quite vexing, as it's yet another example of Oda refusing to kill a character despite him having received such a tearful "death" during Robin's Enies Lobby flashback. At the rate things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Hiriluk, Kuina, or Bell-mere were later revealed to still be alive as well.

The only positive part of the spoiler that I anticipate is the Elbaf foreshadowing, which I hope indicates that it's the next island right after Egghead.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
The fact that Jaguar D. Saul apparently survived the Ohara incident is quite vexing, as it's yet another example of Oda refusing to kill a character despite him having received such a tearful "death" during Robin's Enies Lobby flashback. At the rate things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Hiriluk, Kuina, or Bell-mere were later revealed to still be alive as well.

The only positive part of the spoiler that I anticipate is the Elbaf foreshadowing, which I hope indicates that it's the next island right after Egghead.

I strongly doubt Hiriluk is alive. Man confirmed he was dying. Between the poisoned mushrooms and the incurable disease he was suffering from, there is like zero chance he’s alive.

I’m not mad about Saul being alive. This is one OP fakeout death I don’t mind. Aokiji didnn’t use his normal attack on Saul, he instead used Ice Capsule. Capsules are meant to preserve something so it’s not so far fetched to think Aokiji did that on purpose. He could have easily killed Saul if he wanted to so clearly he wasn’t trying to.

TheWanderingMist

I strongly doubt Hiriluk is alive. Man confirmed he was dying. Between the poisoned mushrooms and the incurable disease he was suffering from, there is like zero chance he’s alive.

I’m not mad about Saul being alive. This is one OP fakeout death I don’t mind. Aokiji didnn’t use his normal attack on Saul, he instead used Ice Capsule. Capsules are meant to preserve something so it’s not so far fetched to think Aokiji did that on purpose. He could have easily killed Saul if he wanted to so clearly he wasn’t trying to.
Also, Robin's happiness is way more important than any character's unlikely survival (as if that's even a thing in One Piece considering the worse things people have lived through). Like, she wasn't even this happy when he Straw Hats rescued her at Enies Lobby.

Morax

King of heroes

Kuina is tashigi. I thought we agreed on this?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really hope that Dr. Vegapunk manages to escape Egghead Island on the Thousand Sunny. I'd been underestimating CP0 for a while now since they haven't done much so far that's showcased their strength, but I have a feeling that they'll prove much more effective in this arc since they have Lucci with them and a Seraphim.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I wonder how the Straw Hats are gonna get out of the mess thats going on in the manga.
I can see this being the arc where the lesser strawhats start getting major powerups. No chance they can just run away from this.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I don’t believe that Kuina is dead. Instead, I believe that Kuina hit her head and lost all of her memories after falling down the stairs.

Therefore, Tashigi=Kuina.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don’t believe that Kuina is dead. Instead, I believe that Kuina hit her head and lost all of her memories after falling down the stairs.

Therefore, Tashigi=Kuina.
That theory was essentially debunked in SBS Volume 68, as Oda drew Tashigi as a child and she didn't really resemble Kuina.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I can see this being the arc where the lesser strawhats start getting major powerups. No chance they can just run away from this.
I hope they will get major power-ups because the other option is that they get saved by someone like Shanks, but i dont see that happen anymore since we're close to the end game(Blackbeard, Shanks and the world government are whats gonna left after the current arc).