• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

BlueDragonfangirl

Pretty good chapter, I loved the interactions and LOL Poor Law, I'm sure each passing day he regrets teaming up with Luffy.
I wonder if Law will still be willing to be partners with Luffy at the end of this arc? When he finds it Big Mom is after Luffy's head, he's so going to freakXD

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I liked this chapter, pretty short, but well executed..

Minor nitpick: Remember that birdcage thingie, the one where Law was pooping his pants for? "HE'S GOING TO USE THE BIRDCAGE!! OOHHH NOOOAW!".. I feel that since they've stopped focusing on it for these past two chapters, that it feels kinda irrelevant. Personally, it doesn't give that sense of impending doom that I think Oda was trying to convey when the plot-point started. I thought we were going to see it shrink every chapter or so, but apparently - it's pretty stagnant thus far. It's a minor nitpick, but I'd have loved to see the birdcage slimming a bit every chapter.. Kind of like Noah being thrown at Shirahoshi gave that part of Fishmen Island a more suspenseful feeling. That being said, it would be the same mechanic of a limited time based impending doom thrice in a row:
- Fishmen Island: Impending doom by Noah.
- Punk Hazzard: Impending doom by Smiley.
- Dressrosa: Impending doom by Birdcage.

But a stagnant birdcage just seems stupid.. Though I know that it is meant to force the people inside to go after the SH's, but who cares... In this chapter we saw what happens to those ingrates so the effect is already lost, unless it stops being stagnant and starts shrinking.

PokeMaster366

i have heard that Oda is back in the hospital any one can confom this to be true and if so why this time

He's going to get his tonsils removes so that he can potentially make a full recovery rather than just trying to fight off whatever tonsil disease he has right now. No new One Piece chapters for the next two weeks starting today. You'll just have to wait until June 19th.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The new chapter was good. I liked seeing Luffy riding up Pica's arm with Jeet and Abdullah and it seems like Zorro vs. Pica round two is about to start. Law's revelation about Doflamingo's brother was unexpected.

BlueDragonfangirl

Pretty fun chapter, looks like Zoro V.S Pica is going down :D

LOL I swear, Luffy and Zoro act like they are brothers a lot of the timesXD

Blast, in coming Law flashback, was hoping we were done with that stuff oh well :(

Looks like it really could be Luffy / Law V.S Dof and maybe Zoro too with I predict Luffy finishing him off with the final blow :D

Lorde

The new chapter was okay. I liked that Senor Pink will get another chance to fight Franky and Sabo will fight Fujitora and the Marines next it seems, which will allow Luffy's group to reach Doflamingo's place quickly.

Exodd

Holy crap, Sabo is ruthless!

Fujitora appears to be hampered by Doflamingo's "Birdcage", but hopefully he still has some new tricks to bring out.

Even with Doflamingo's ability, I didn't expect him to puppeteer any of Luffy's allies. I suppose those brothers may have already been used by him for a while, though. I wonder if he's got strings on anyone else like that.

Lorde

I'm glad that Sabo's fighting style differs from Ace's and that Doflamingo's Birdcage is hindering Fujitora's meteors. Too bad about Bastille's loss though and I wonder if that was really Doflamingo at the end or his marionette again.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm glad that Sabo's fighting style differs from Ace's and that Doflamingo's Birdcage is hindering Fujitora's meteors. Too bad about Bastille's loss though and I wonder if that was really Doflamingo at the end or his marionette again.

People are wondering if the Birdcage is becoming smaller, but like you're saying, I think it's simply a case of the Birdcage interfering with Fujitora's DF and therefore smaller meteors are coming down/affected.

I didn't care 2 cents about Bastille, glad he got an offpanel ending. As for the Doflamingo situation, wow.. Oda isn't going to pull the same string twice, but I'm glad that he at least gave us an attempt at a heel/face-turn with the Brother pairing.. I knew they were leading Luffy/Law into a trap the moment they appeared on screen, because at least one 'associate' needed to play the Judas-role in this arc - Because Oda loves that, just look at Marineford.. But I didn't expect DD to show up. I think it's him. I don't think he can pull the string-bunshin twice.. It could be a fake, but I doubt it's the string-bunshin again. At least I hope not.

Incoming Law-flashback.. This is gonna take awhile I imagine.. 3 chapters minimum...

Shiny pokemon lower

I didn't like how easy Bastille was defeated by Sabo, but he is probably just very strong, mabye at a much higher level than Luffy is?

For the Luffy/Doflamingo meeting i hope it becomes a little battle before Luffy goes into a trap, even trough he didn't defeats him here. For the rest of Doflamingos offisers I hope it is the strawhats who defeats them not their briefly companions from the tournament. They could still get an other important role but all other than that!

Lorde

So Doflamingo was a marionette after all. Oh well. I liked that the dwarves helped Robin's group float around and that we saw parts of other fights. I can't wait to learn more about Law's past.

Exodd

Doflamingo's clones are annoying.

While Doflamingo was talking about Law, he was playing with a key. Maybe he has the real key to Law's handcuffs and tricked Viola, or maybe the other way around.

Also, looks like Jimbei is setting out.

Lorde

Looks like we got another set up chapter. I liked Cavendish's comments and seeing Dellinger and the other Donquixote Pirates in action was cool to see as well. I also respect Bellamy for standing up to Doflamingo.

So are we getting a chapter this week? I always wonder.. Btw, haven't posted here in a while.. The most recent chapters have both been mèh.. I didn't like the birdcage thing.. Reminded me of the Hunger Games-trope too much..

As a side thing, more particularly a OP/Pkmn-thing.. I thought I'd give all the crew members a type, just for whatever..

- Luffy: Normal/Fire
- Zoro: Dark/Steel
- Nami: Normal/Electric
- Usopp: Grass
- Sanji: Fire/Fighting
- Chopper: Normal/Fairy
- Robin: Fairy/Fighting
- Franky: Steel/Fighting
- Brook: Ghost/Ice

What if:
- Jinbe: Water/Fighting

I'd say Robin is Psychic/Fighting.

Lorde

The latest chapter wasn't exciting until Zoro's fight scene in my opinion; seeing his big sword slash was awesome, but I hope Pica won't lose that easily.

PokeMaster366

Wow, this thread sure has been dead for a while. Either no one is interested in it here or One Piece hasn't left a lot of hate or food for thought.

Does anyone else wonder how the encounter between Rebecca and Diamante will go?

Lorde

Regarding last week's chapter, I'm glad that Sugar's awake so that she can fight some more, even if she just put Law's plan back a few steps. I didn't care for the dwarves, but Robin and Bartolomeo vs. Gladius and Rebecca vs. Diamante should be good.

PokeMaster366

Regarding last week's chapter, I'm glad that Sugar's awake so that she can fight some more, even if she just put Law's plan back a few steps. I didn't care for the dwarves, but Robin and Bartolomeo vs. Gladius and Rebecca vs. Diamante should be good.

Personally, I'm just wondering what the Straw Hats are going to do with Sugar. They can't just leave her lying around to cause mayhem, and knocking her unconscious by scaring her isn't a long-term fix. If Kuma didn't intervene in Thriller Bark, Perona, an enemy that Usopp was put up against, would've easily caused a lot of trouble for the Straw Hats. Usopp just isn't that efficient in taking down admin-level enemies. He's better off as just a support fighter.

Exodd

I was surprised to see Diamante out in the field because he was last shown by Doflamingo's side. How did the dwarves not see him lying right in front of them? I think Rebecca will either get captured or saved by a sudden appearance of someone. Maybe if Law somehow gets to her he will fight off Diamante.

Gladius doesn't seem like that big of a threat to require two protagonists to fight him. Robin may finally get to do something this arc, though.