• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So with the flashbacks to Law's past seemingly wrapping up next week, and the imminent wrapping up of the Dressrosa arc after that, where do y'all think One Piece is heading next? I had thought that the Kaido arc was going to be up, but now I'm thinking there's going to be another, shorter arc between the two.

They won't fight Kaido immediately after this hell no...

They'll go to some island and deal with another issue in which Nami and Sanji can raise their bounties (and hopefully the Marines fix Choppers).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had thought that the Kaido arc was going to be up, but now I'm thinking there's going to be another, shorter arc between the two.

I want an arc where the Straw Hats challenge a Yonko tbh. It may seem premature, but the New World is supposed to be about the strongest pirates, so I'd really like either Kaido or Big Mom to have an arc soon.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I want an arc where the Straw Hats challenge a Yonko tbh. It may seem premature, but the New World is supposed to be about the strongest pirates, so I'd really like either Kaido or Big Mom to have an arc soon.

Seeing as the Pirate Alliance was formed (at least in theory) with the premise of taking on Kaido, I think he would be the more likely culprit of the two.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So Law was force fed the Opie Opie Fruit
And Donflamingo is about to once again commit mass genocide.

Nothing too much new is happening.

Vergo's still strong as f*** though.

Lorde

So Law ate the Ope Ope no Mi by force. I thought that was funny. Seeing Vergo arrive and beat up Corazon and Law was painful to watch though, and I was surprised that Doflamingo used Birdcage on Minion Island. Also, I loved Oda's tribute to Naruto's conclusion.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Damn I was hoping the flashbacks would end this week. Also Vergo has weird af hair

Lorde

I'm glad that Law's flashback is winding down at least, not because I haven't enjoyed it, but because I want to get back to the present and see how all the little skirmishes will end and how Luffy will take down Doflamingo.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I'm actually more excited to get back to Zoro and Peeka, I don't think that fight has finished yet. And if Sabo gets another fight (maybe rescue Rebecca from Diamante?), that'd be pretty cool too.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
This flashback really is going on longer than it should.

Now I'm seeing why people dislike the Dressrosa arc, it's dragged out as hell.

Hopefully Luffy&Law vs Doflamingo won't last an eternity.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Law's flashback is one of the best I've seen (all the emotion in it) and one of the best things about the Dressrosa arc.

Oda did well with making Rocinante/Corazon extremely likeable that when his death comes you will get saddened by it.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
This flashback really is going on longer than it should.

Now I'm seeing why people dislike the Dressrosa arc, it's dragged out as hell.

Hopefully Luffy&Law vs Doflamingo won't last an eternity.

I think the only reason the Dressrosa arc seems more dragged out than the others is because it just took more space for the Colleseum fights. They just take longer to have the same amount of time go by since there's so much going on in them.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I'm actually enjoying learning more about Law's past, but then again he is my favorite character. Now more then ever I really want to know what the "D" is about.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I've gained a lot more respect for Corzan in this chapter, he was a Marine working to take down Doffy undercover basically. He really loved Law and took a bullet protecting him.

Looks like next week is the finale of the flashback. I hope at least.

Lorde

So Corazon hid Law in a treasure chest knowing that the Donquixote Pirates would take it with them, giving Law a chance to escape the Birdcage. Smart. Too bad that he died. I also wish we had seen how Doflamingo and his dad and Corazon escaped from their torture situation though.

Exodd

I think a bit of the flashback showed someone(Trebol?) saying Doflamingo used Haki to knock out the crowd and then the same person gave Doflamingo the devil fruit I guess.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Back to the present time and we get a glimpse of all the other fights, and then are brought back to Law vs Doflamingo.

Seeing as none of the top officers have fallen yet I tell this is gonna be a long battle. Looks great though!

Lorde

Law vs. Doflamingo was good even if I wish Luffy were in Law's place right now. I didn't care for Viola's monologue though; I want to see full fights, not just glimpses.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Looks like they're killing off Bellamy.

It's still a hellof a lot better than having him join the crew out of pity.

Last edited:

Lorde

At least Doflamingo severed Law's arm; that was pretty cool and I'm glad that we got to see some gore again. Bellamy choosing to fight Luffy was lame though imo; now there's another fight that needs to be resolved.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Can Law not just reattach his arm with the Ope Ope no Mi? That sounds like something the fruit would be able to do.