• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Doflamingo can still use Parasite, but only on fodder. At least Luffy's finally up after recharging his Haki, plus Gatz's part in the chapter was pretty cool in my opinion.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I really hope that was the end. I just want to see the new bounties and be in Wano, please let this be it.

Lorde

I'm glad that Luffy has finally beaten Doflamingo, though Parasite's convenient return made me cringe.

Cutty

Forever now
Nobody cares about One Piece current story again? :/

Those Doffys new final moves and their names, my goodness...
Hopefully he wont wake up again for good.

I wonder if Luffy can be even bigger from now in the future.

Lorde

I'm just waiting for the Zou arc if that's where Luffy's going to next, which I hope will transition into an arc focusing on Kaido.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Nobody cares about One Piece current story again? :/

If we weren't sick of this arc and the story telling was good, we probably would.

I'm just waiting for the Zou arc if that's where Luffy's going to next, which I hope will transition into an arc focusing on Kaido.

Wano will be the arc to focus on Kaido.

Cutty

Forever now
If Doffy alone takes almost a year for his arc, imagine a Kaido would.
Not that I mind, I just hope maybe the editing(?) or story sequences(?) are better.
Can't really blame Oda cuz from what I learn when he submits a chapter if the important ppl dislike it he has to rework it.

phanpycross

God-king
Ill start getting interested once thehorribly uninteresting duo of Kine'mon and Momonosuke finally leave forever.

Anyways, dressrosa has been eh so far, it's been the only arc to showcase the "OMG new world so dangerous" so far, but the shafting of some of my favorite characters, like Brook and Nami, just kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Assuming this fight is truly over I may as well give my final thoughts on all the fights on this arc.

And it's sad to say the best were against Pica, Señor Pink, Gladius, and Sugar (round 2) for Usopp's moment alone.

The Doflamingo fight was dragged to all hell, Dellinger I feel was underutilized (much like Chopper currently is), and everything else was meh especially Jora and Trebol.

Pink's backstory was a nice surprise and made him the best antagonist of the arc by far.

Issues with the arc:

1# Fujitora.

Yes I'm aware of his plan to abolish the Warlord system after what Doffy did and what Crocodile attempted to do, problem with this is the other warlords don't seem to have any intentions to do evil like Teach, Doflamingo, and Crocodile. Hancock can't risk her status again, Mihawk seems too neutral, Buggy is too weak, Law will no longer be one after this arc and Kuma sold his body to the government so that's out of the question. At the very least Fujitora could have helped earlier with the Birdcage and not wait until nearly the last second to step up.

2# The Birdcage.

Oh where do I start? This...thing, this overpowered...thing! Make this thing Pirate King because holy f*** just how durable is this?! I just can't believe that even with the help of the citizens, Fujitora, Kin'emon, Kanjuro the gladiators, sea prism from the factory ect can only slightly push it away or just barely stop it. The Birdcage is has plot armor written all over it and I can't stand that.

3# Trebol.

Why was he here? Why is a Paramecia? HOW is he a Paramecia? What was his purpose during the final fight and why couldn't he have just got a proper fight instead of getting one shorted by Law?. Robin or even Sabo would have made great opponents! Burgess isn't going to be a legit fight so Sabo could have had this one.

4# Team Sunny and Sanji.

Look I get that there's a lot of new characters introduced in this arc and that's fine. I get these people are being set up to become allies for when Luffy becomes an Emperor or Pirate King but you didn't need to write em off, especially Sanji who hasn't really done anything in the New World. The Big Mom subplot is cool and all but this really could have been saved a little later on imo.

And finally (well hopefully finally) #5 Rebecca.

The very definition of s*** character, a very misused character if I may say. Hell she was pretty badass during the colosseum but the moment she left all she did was cry and be a damsel in distress. This brings Vivi to shame. Violet recently had a moment of pride whereas Rebecca just screamed for Luffy's help. Jesus Christ.

For the positives: like I said some of the fights were beautifully handeled, Usopp's CoO activating was awesome. Paramecia's can awake their powers! (Gear Fifth hype?!) and Franky vs Señor Pink fight was downright hilarious till we got to Pink's backstory. And Kyros while generic was still a good character.

All in all Dressrosa is a mediocre arc at best, certainly not Fishman Island bad but is in no way shape or form "good".

Looking forward to the finale in a few weeks and it's on to Wano and Kaido!

Lorde

I didn't like all the flashbacks in the new chapter, plus I wanted to see a close-up of both of Doflamingo's eyes. Alas, at least Luffy looks extremely worn out.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
When I was told One Piece was going on for another 10yrs I didn't believe it, I couldn't rather.

But if we can spend a whole 2+ years in one arc, I don't doubt it anymore.

As for the chapter it's exactly what you should have expected and it's decent for what it is.

Cutty

Forever now
This arc has finally come to its end. Its kinda disappointing but for me as an overall Doflamingo arc (plus Punk Hazard) it's actually good.
My favorite villains are Gladius and Dellinger (he's underwhelmed).
There are many new characters I just don't care, and as the arc dragged on, I found them frustrating to follow like Rebecca, Violet (stupid power), Tontatta dwarfes and so on. I also dislike the samurai characters, somehow I have a feeling I will hate the next Wano arc.

Some fights are good but not wow. Lufft vs Doffy would have been good if it didn't take too long. The parts when Doffy used many clones are annoying. And not sure why Trebol was even there.

Some flashbacks are okay, but a bit overblown if not unnecessary. I actually like Law and Rosinante story.

The Birdcage is ridiculously strong it makes no sense for me as well. I feel like Doffy could just use it as a weapon to trap and kill a formidable opponent like Whitebeard and just run. It won't be broken if the maker is still healthy and conscious right?

So all in all like everyone else I'm glad the arc is over.

As for the new chapter, I just don't care anymore even if it's really needed. I actually find the crying drama is annoying. It would have been better if they just showed Doffy's eyes. Maybe in next chapter. I hope no more flashbacks or speeches from the Riku family.

Lorde

The Birdcage is ridiculously strong it makes no sense for me as well. I feel like Doffy could just use it as a weapon to trap and kill a formidable opponent like Whitebeard and just run. It won't be broken if the maker is still healthy and conscious right?

I thought the Birdcage was overkill honestly, plus it irked me that even an Admiral like Fujitora couldn't break it. I miss the days when Admirals were actually fearsome.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Fujitora is a man of honor he's seriously got some balls to announce who really beat Doffy.
We may get a new admiral as a result and the Warlords may very well go bye bye after all. :O

Lorde

Didn't like seeing more of Sabo or seeing Fujitora ask for forgiveness when he barely did anything to save the island. I just want to see Luffy's bounty increase.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Since we're getting closer to that point of the story I may was well post my realistic bounty predictions.

Luffy: No less than 500,000,000 no more than 600,000
Zoro: 250,000,000
Usopp: 60,000,000-100,000,000 (assuming they are aware his impressive sniper moment otherwise 60,000-70,000)
Franky: 92,000,000
Robin: Probably no change. But if so 90,000,000
Chopper: No change
Sanji: No change
Brook: No change
Nami: No change

Allies: Trafalgar Law: 470,000,000

Bart and Cavendish I'm not gonna bother with since the marines probably won't.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Didn't like seeing more of Sabo or seeing Fujitora ask for forgiveness when he barely did anything to save the island. I just want to see Luffy's bounty increase.

He's asking for forgiveness on behalf of the World Government for giving such tyrants as Doflamingo immunity and for covering up such events in most cases. Fuji is making a public apology so that the World Government will be forced to make changes, which was his intention all along. It wasn't as much asking for forgiveness from the people of Dressrosa - as it was forcing the World Government to face the facts and to start an insurgance from the commonpeople that may come to a culmination during Reverie. Think Mockingjay Pt1, with the constant filming of messages with Margaery Tyrell and Mystique, what Fuji did served the same purpose.

I think he stayed out of the conflict probably so that he could pin it on the World Government eventually, rather than people making him out to be a hero. In a twist, he's making the SH's+Law out to be heroes. The only thing that the WG can do, in somewhat of a twist, is to (on false pretenses) offer Luffy a spot in the Shichibukai - otherwise they'll lose face if they aren't willing to work with such a hero. Luffy will obviously decline, and the WG would then use that "disrespect for the WG" in order to justify hunting him again. Not sure if Law has been stripped of his title yet, the events all went down in what was basically a morning and afternoon of a single day. The WG can still paint Law off as a "heroic Shichibukai working with the WG".

The whole situation was similar to Crocodile in Alabasta - and that was covered up. Cobra or Vivi are certainly going to bring it up now that the world knows that the WG was in the business of covering up such tragedies.

Since we're getting closer to that point of the story I may was well post my realistic bounty predictions.

Luffy: No less than 500,000 no more than 600,000
Zoro: 250,000
Usopp: 60,000-100,000 (assuming they are aware his impressive sniper moment otherwise 60,000-70,000)
Franky: 92,000
Robin: Probably no change. But if so 90,000
Chopper: No change
Sanji: No change
Brook: No change
Nami: No change

Allies: Trafalgar Law: 470,000

Bart and Cavendish I'm not gonna bother with since the marines probably won't.

I think you're missing a bunch of zero's for most of these. Or are you suggesting that Luffy's bounty drops B399,500,000?

Isn't Luffy on 400,000,000 at the moment? Just one 100,000,000 more seems like a minor increase for beating such a major player in the New World.

Lorde

Isn't Luffy on 400,000,000 at the moment? Just one 100,000,000 more seems like a minor increase for beating such a major player in the New World.

Doflamingo had influence and all, but he was still fodder compared to other New World pirates imo. I don't think Luffy will have a huge bounty increase simply based on beating him.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I see the bounty of Luffy increasing up to 500,000,000 - 550,000,000 from his current 400,000,000.
Donflamingos bounty was 340,000,000 before being frozen and Laws was 440,000,000 before being frozen also.
It's knowledge that Luffy has just taken down his 3rd shichibukai and formed an alliance with Law, a former shichibukai, which I think the world government will react as his threat as a pirate. Also since his fourth bounty, the world government didn't know Luffy had access to all three types of haki, only an uncontrolled conquerors haki from his impel down and whiteboard war which are the reasons they rose it to 400,000,000

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
He's asking for forgiveness on behalf of the World Government for giving such tyrants as Doflamingo immunity and for covering up such events in most cases. Fuji is making a public apology so that the World Government will be forced to make changes, which was his intention all along. It wasn't as much asking for forgiveness from the people of Dressrosa - as it was forcing the World Government to face the facts and to start an insurgance from the commonpeople that may come to a culmination during Reverie. Think Mockingjay Pt1, with the constant filming of messages with Margaery Tyrell and Mystique, what Fuji did served the same purpose.

I think he stayed out of the conflict probably so that he could pin it on the World Government eventually, rather than people making him out to be a hero. In a twist, he's making the SH's+Law out to be heroes. The only thing that the WG can do, in somewhat of a twist, is to (on false pretenses) offer Luffy a spot in the Shichibukai - otherwise they'll lose face if they aren't willing to work with such a hero. Luffy will obviously decline, and the WG would then use that "disrespect for the WG" in order to justify hunting him again. Not sure if Law has been stripped of his title yet, the events all went down in what was basically a morning and afternoon of a single day. The WG can still paint Law off as a "heroic Shichibukai working with the WG".

The whole situation was similar to Crocodile in Alabasta - and that was covered up. Cobra or Vivi are certainly going to bring it up now that the world knows that the WG was in the business of covering up such tragedies.

I think you're missing a bunch of zero's for most of these. Or are you suggesting that Luffy's bounty drops B399,500,000?

Fixed it, thanks for pointing that out. :)

500,000,000 is just fine for now given it was a team effort and going beyond 400,000,000 beri's is said to be a difficult thing, which makes me question whether or not he'll reach 500.