• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

lyder

Kaizoku-oH
PKMNPROF said:
I hope the got everything off of the Merry though...

Chopper: Bye Merry! *sob* ...Where is my medical bag?
Sogeking: Didn't you leave it on the...oh CRAP!

Nice one :lol:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Will everybody's anticipated "Battle Merry" materialize at the end of Enies Lobby arc?

Hmmm... If Franky (w/ Galley-La's help maybe) will make the new ship for the Straw Hat Pirates, then his dream will be completed...

Franky's Dream

Franky said:
I want to make... a dreamship someday. A dreamship that will... proudly ride over the unknown waves at the end of the world.

The end of the world could be interpreted as Raftel island. And because every ship you make is like your son, Franky will accompany the Straw Hat Pirates to look out for his son. But I can't be too sure. This is Oda-sensei... <_<

Last edited:

Blaziryu

Not only are they getting a new ship, but I also think that the SH crew are going to create a new and better flag sign. Luffy burn down Merry along with their flag, so they must be planning on designing a new one.

lyder

Kaizoku-oH
Hmmm... I think they burned the flag because they really treated Going Merry as their nakama. I think the pirate flag they use will remain.

Yeah, that's pretty obvious.

I can live with no new chapter this week, considering the awesomeness of next week.

The fact that the next month of the anime will be accompanied with recap filler, however, enfuriated me to no end.

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.
Indeed, but would you rather OP anime turn into what Naruto anime did?

It was exactly like this during Skypeia. Did we get years of filler? No. Just like that time, after Enies Lobby we will get a couple small filler arcs and then move on in the story. No recaps required, though I understand it is due to a time change.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Kaku should be the new crew member :D

No need for another long-nose.

Anyway, uh, so I'm going back over earlier volumes of One Piece again, and I'm appreciating more than I did the first time around. I might even decide to shell out money for Viz considering that they have yet to edit the manga and their translations seem pretty decent (the Marine ---> Navy thing aside).

As for the next arc...

... I wonder what Oda's going to give us this time. Sky Peia was and still is my favorite arc and while I like the Water 7 world as well as the crew essentially giving the finger to the world government, they just didn't appeal to me as much as that one did in spite of it not having much impact on the rest of the story.

I see the next arc being another lighthearted short adventure ala Davy Back Fight before getting into the next big one, which could possibly involve the Merman Island.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I see the next arc being another lighthearted short adventure ala Davy Back Fight before getting into the next big one, which could possibly involve the Merman Island.

If that's the case, then we can expect a fair amount of focus to go on...

... Jimbei on the account that he is the only Fish-man to be one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea? Certainly would look forward to that.

If that's the case, then we can expect a fair amount of focus to go on...

... Jimbei on the account that he is the only Fish-man to be one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea? Certainly would look forward to that.
Yeah. I liked the World Government Saga and all, but I want to see more involvment in the story from the Warlords, and more on what the hell is going on between Shanks and Whitebeard..

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Yea it'll be great when Luffy and the others are fighting pirates or at least ex pirates again instead of the world government. The next arc will be very exciting.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
The Next Chapter Is So Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Cannot Spoil But On Arlong Park Forums The Spoilers Are Ftw! Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Ok people. In the most recent Chapter, Chapter 431, it appears that they reveal who Luffy's grandpa is. Now, it is not who you would expect, although their were a few clues, nobody really could have guessed this in a million years, but anyway, Luffy's grandpa is none other than

GARP!

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Yeah That Is The Craziest Thing In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Means That Characters Can Come Back! Go Coby And Hempeloo! Also That Was The Craziest Twist Ever! Theres Other Things Good There Too, But It Seems Like They're Gonna Be There For A Little Bit.