• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Chopper only got a bounty of 100? That honestly BS. :(

Yeah I'm sick of the low bounty gag that he's got going on, though to be fair he did almost nothing in Dressrosa, so I guess it makes sense this time. :x

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Chopper, Nami, and Brook shouldn't have gotten a raise to begin with. Hell the only reason I can think of for why they got one is because they are SH pirates, and because the whole Dressrosa crew got one, WG probably thought hey! we should raise anyone affiliated with that group.

That or they were updated because they are outdated (which would explain why everyone bar Luffy, Zoro and Usopp only got a 50.000.000). Though Franky's bounty makes no sense and is more BS than Choppers lol.

Sanji very clearly did something huge against Big Mom or is someone important enough to warrant the raise he got.

Cutty

Forever now
Or some hot villain chick wants Sanji for herself (or from the Navy).

The arc could be a filler around it whatever.

Last edited:

Lorde

If Sanji's new bounty poster leads to some gag like the one after his Enies Lobby bounty I will be so pissed. I don't want this interesting revelation to end up as a joke.

Exodd

Chopper is still "Cotton Candy Lover" and Spandam's whining to Lucci. lol

The Straw Hats' bounties were probably raised because they not only allied with a defecting Shichibukai but then went on to attack and defeat another.

Lorde

Some spoilers are out and it seems that the last Shichibukai is revealed (well, the last one before Law and Doflamingo had their status revoked). He's so hideous though, so I'm not sure if I like him.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Whitebeard had a kid? lmao!

So if this is Zou, then where the f*** is Sanji and co? Maybe they're already there and I'm just being stupid again. Who knows?

Last edited:

Lorde

So Whitebeard's "son" is being led by his mom to hunt down Marco and the remaining Whitebeard Pirates. Lol, okay. Zou being on a giant elephant's back is kind of cool, as was seeing Kizaru again.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This is the guy who cut off Zephyr's arm?

Yeesh. Guy must be tough.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Doflamingo was Celestial Dragon and was still wanted dead or alive so that can't be it.

He's either a noble or a prince of some kingdom.

He's the gift.

I loved the new chapter: Lucci and Spandam being back was a surprise, and seeing Doflamingo in a cell made me cackle, though his speech was cool. Seems like Kaido's crew wants to get Doflamingo back, and the bounty increases were neat as well.

Never really cared for CP-9.. It was a point in the story where the Shichibukai were still the top threats and I just couldn't find myself entertained with Blueno, the pinkhaired weirdo, the soap-girl and uhh.. Giraffe-boy and Wolf-guy. Not even Lucci. I was far more intrigued with the internal conflict concerning the Water7-arc. Also interestingly, Sanji did his "Mr.Prince"-persona in Water7 didn't he? I know he did it in Alabasta, but I think he repeated it in Water7. If any return, outside of Lucci and Spandam, let it be that wolf and giraffe-zoan. It would be fitting considering the whole artificial Zoan-army Kaidou is supposedly building, they could become unlikely allies. Artificial vs. Original.

Of course Kaidou wants Doflamingo. He's got a lot of product to make that Kaidou wants, or supposedly wants as he seemingly just wants to die #weirdesthobby..

Whitebeard had a kid? lmao!

So if this is Zou, then where the f*** is Sanji and co? Maybe they're already there and I'm just being stupid again. Who knows?

I'm not buying it.

As for Sanji and co, wasn't there a sudden torrential rain on the Island they were on? Also in one scene, after Sanji and co have apparently escaped Big Mom's ship, you can see a big vertical shadow surrounded with clouds, which looks to me like Zou's leg. The sudden torrential rain could be the elephant dousing itself with a Water Spout.

Seriously, we need a Water-type elephant pokémon and an Ice-type wolf.

So Whitebeard's "son" is being led by his mom to hunt down Marco and the remaining Whitebeard Pirates. Lol, okay. Zou being on a giant elephant's back is kind of cool, as was seeing Kizaru again.

But for money. It just makes no sense. From all the pirates that we've seen, only one was really only after money, and that's Doflamingo. All other pirates have reasons why they act the way they act. First off, I don't believe this stitched up person is Whitebeard's son. It reeks of something that Moria and Hogback may have scrambled together after the Battle of Marineford. This could be their way of "reinfiltrating" the Marines. We know Absalom is busy in the New World, as we saw his ship and he's apparently the one that reported Kidd's Alliance - so why not Moria/Hogback? Perona is with Mihawk, another Shichibukai - which could be seen as suspicious.

But Marco and killing the other Whitebeard-remnants seems important to Babidi, uh or uh.. whatever that mother-creature was called. So much that they're willing to curve their path to go look for Luffy in order to shake out a lead to get on Marco's trail. So even if Babidi and Weedle have ulterior motives other than cleaning house for money, than it's really hard to decipher what that would actually be.

But something's definitely off. Another clue is that Oda did not show the picture that the mother showed Weedle. I want to know what is role will be in the Zou-arc, which I did not expect would be an actual arc to be honest. As for now, it just seems as if Weedle is going to be a short hurdle for Luffy to stomp off the island, as I can't really see any other role for this new character.

This is the guy who cut off Zephyr's arm?

Yeesh. Guy must be tough.

I'll accept that he's strong enough to level cities, but we're already entered crazy levels of power quite a bit ago - and thus it just doesn't impress me much. I honestly don't believe him to be the guy that cut Z's arm off. It just doesn't seem likely, even though it's what Oda had said. Maybe he changed his mind on the character and found a different angle since co-producing that movie?

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
While everything in this chapter was classicall A+ One Piece as usual, especially the roaming Elephant Island which I probably should have seen coming...

The thing that sparked my main interest however, is the fact that Bart calls a woman who the crew affectionately refer to as "Gram" for Navigation advice to which she instead gives household tips... I wonder if this woman will be an important character later? I believe passed being a joke character she could have a reason behind her lack of advice... Hmmm...

Cutty

Forever now
I don't know if I can take this new chapter seriously, lol. Sometimes I hate guessing and predicting only giving me a headache. I will just tag along with the story no matter how crazy it is.

I just hope Oda stop creating useless/hated characters. They don't benefit the story really. They only drags everything.

Lorde

I want to know what is role will be in the Zou-arc, which I did not expect would be an actual arc to be honest. As for now, it just seems as if Weedle is going to be a short hurdle for Luffy to stomp off the island, as I can't really see any other role for this new character.

I kind of hope he won't even show up at Zou while Luffy's there and that he'll be saved for another arc. I'd rather see Luffy deal with Kaido's subordinates.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Blackbeard Pirates vs the Revolutionaries possibly? Oh man oh man.

And of course Buggy's still full of himself so that's always great!

Last edited:

Lorde

It was nice to see Buggy and his crew again, as well as Burgess finding Dragon's hideout. I was relieved that Barto's crew left as well: I was getting sick of them.

Cutty

Forever now
Buggy's got a new business now, cool.

It's time to check Dragon's power.

The way Barto talked (is it the real translation?) using the words 'the SH banner' sounds like Game of thrones lol.

Cutty

Forever now
^It doesnt seem Blackbeard himself get involved, only his other divisions.

BB could however kill Dragon n take his power to become Luffys #1 enemy.

My only problem with a Blackbeard vs. Revolutionaries fight is that I don't see Blackbeard's motive. Or the revolutionaries. Neither should have a vested interest in the other, as far as I can tell.

Also, I highly doubt Blackbeard would take Dragon's powers. I'm not sure what Dragon's fruit is, but Blackbeard already has the Yami Yami and the Gura Gura (Darkness and Earthquakes), which are arguably the two fruits with the most raw power, so I'm not sure what Blackbeard would want with Dragon's.