• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
But... people don't die in One Piece unless it's for world building.. Right?

uber gon

Accept Change
You think Sanji would remember that he could literally walk on air. That could help beat his family. Also, Brook is officially OP in this arc.

diakyu

Whatever Pudding told Luffy he really didn't like at all. Zeff maybe? Pudding is going to leave? Neither of those really strike me as making Luffy that mad (well Zeff maybe but in the context of the scene I doubt she informed him of that).

You think Sanji would remember that he could literally walk on air. That could help beat his family.
Walking on air was one of the technological advances first shown by the Germa in the story. The idea I think with them is they do with technology what Sanji has taught himself to do naturally. I fully expect one of the brothers to light their leg on fire using some tech before this arc is over.

uber gon

Accept Change
Walking on air was one of the technological advances first shown by the Germa in the story. The idea I think with them is they do with technology what Sanji has taught himself to do naturally. I fully expect one of the brothers to light their leg on fire using some tech before this arc is over.

Now I want to see some incinerated legs soon. Like, Telltale Two-Face burnt legs.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Whatever Pudding told Luffy he really didn't like at all. Zeff maybe? Pudding is going to leave? Neither of those really strike me as making Luffy that mad (well Zeff maybe but in the context of the scene I doubt she informed him of that).

I think that running away isn't drastic enough to warrant those shocked faces from Luffy and Nami. It's pretty much down to two things, unless Oda pulls an even bigger twist:

1. Pudding will attempt suicide.

If the bride disappears from the play, then the alliance is off. Big Mom won't just substitute a new daughter, as seen with the Lola-situation in the past. So Pudding commiting suicide would free Sanji of his commitments to Big Mom/Germa66.

2. Pudding is going to cause a scene.

In the sense of, picking a fight/provoking the Germa66 sons. Ichiji is too collected to be provoked, but Niji and Yonji are big enough pieces of trash that they'll batter a girl that provokes them. This is ENTIRELY against Sanji's code. What kinds of concequences will this have when the family of the other side of the marital party starts a fight with the bride to be? I'm pretty sure either the Vinsmokes will call it off because of the offensiveness of the act, or Big Mom will be furious with either both parties for jeopardizing the new alliance, the Vinsmokes for laying a finger on Pudding, or angry at Pudding for not being passive in this entire ordeal and going against her orders.

Would this plan allow for Luffy and Nami to have those shocked expressions? I think it does. They've just been privvy to how Big Mom reacted when Lola defied her, she wants her dead. They obviously know that if Pudding defies Big Mom by jeopardizing the new alliance, she faces the same risk. Hence why Luffy asks, "what are you talking about?" In this sense of: "If you do that, she will want to kill you, so you can't, so what are you talking about?!" And Pudding probably has seen enough to know this and that's why she's teary-eyed and waving goodbye.

Now what will happen? I'm assuming that she will rave and flip out against Pudding, since that's what her actions regarding Lola tell us, before Sanji steps in and tells her to stick up for her daughter, or he will. I'm guessing that Sanji's respect for women -after Pudding's selfjeopardizing efforts to destabilize the alliance- is what will turn Big Mom around for a bit, at least enough to allow Sanji (and the rest of the SH?) to knock the Vinsmokes out, and feasting on the cake regardless of there being no wedding. Then the SH's are going to leave and that's when Big Mom takes a peek into the Tamatebako Box and BOOM.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
I don't think Oda would really/be allowed to use suicide, but running away is also the equivalent to that so eh.

Cutty

Forever now
Pudding getting killed won't really help the matter, as half of the SH including Luffy are in Big Mum's hands. Its just one of those dramatic filler scenes.

Now if Brook could somehow affect Mum's power at all. He and Chopper could be a good trade for SH's freedom since they're collectible creatures after all.

diakyu

Honestly if Brook has that kind of effect on the homies, is Luffy beating Big Mom that big of a stretch now? I'm getting more and more convinced as the chapters come out that they are not leaving this island without dealing with the Big Mom pirates in some way. Big Mom is all fine now but once Pudding makes her move, Brook potentially takes out a sweet commander (her ability should be useless on him), Chopper and Carrot beat in Brulee and Randolph, and the treasure box goes boom I doubt she'll let them escape even if by some miracle Germa helps them.

Man One Piece has been so good lately. This has been the first time in years I felt like the Strawhats have been way in over their heads. There is literally no easy way out of this nor one that I can easily see.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I'm glad that the treasure from Fishman Island will play a part later on and Big Mom intending to send an assassin after Lola seemed so cold-hearted. I'm also glad that Luffy's resolve isn't broken yet and I'm happy that Brook will get the spotlight next.

But isn't the box empty. I thought Hody stole the contents (Energy Steroid) and had Zeo mass-produce for their New Fishman Army. So since Big Mom said she is going to open it for the first time at Sanji and Pudding wedding, isn't it going to be empty? Which would make for a funny event and reason for Big Mom to throw down with Luffy

diakyu

But isn't the box empty. I thought Hody stole the contents (Energy Steroid) and had Zeo mass-produce for their New Fishman Army. So since Big Mom said she is going to open it for the first time at Sanji and Pudding wedding, isn't it going to be empty? Which would make for a funny event and reason for Big Mom to throw down with Luffy
It will be funny, mostly because inside the treasure chest is a bomb rigged to go off when someone opens it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm kind of glad that Sanji's over his angst for now in the new chapter since he believes that his friends will survive as long as he marries Pudding. I liked Brook's scenes too, as well as how Pedro was shown to be really fast. I wonder what Pudding's planning tho.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
A lot going on in today's chapter.

Obviously interest peaked at what the hell happened to Reijuu.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I await the day Chopper chooses to stop spamming Monster Point, and uses Heavy or even Kung Fu a lot more.

Also Reiju?! The hell happened?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
And where is Pudding in all of this?!?

Cutty

Forever now
Has Reiju been 'raped'?

Next chapter will be exciting for sure.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
I think it was Capone. Now would be as good of a time as ever to start your plan.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't expect Big Mom to enter the room with the poneglyphs. I sure hope that Brook somehow managed to copy down their text tho. And I'm disappointed by how easily Randolph, Brulee and the others got beaten by Chopper and Carrot. At least Tamago will fight Pedro however. ^^;