• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The Revolutionary Army finally is going to get involved for good this time. I cannot wait to see what kind of entrance they will make to declare war against the Celestial Dragons.

Lucky3

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that Oda is already revealing the RA's plan for the Reverie? If that's going to be the big thing, it'd make more sense to keep it hidden from the audience until it happens. It's not like it would come out of nowhere or anything since we already knew they were planning something. So that makes me think the main event is actually going to be something else.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Oh yeah. Should probably post this. This actually from yesterday from the spoilers.

Final page of this chapter doesn't say OP will be on break next week, but ONE PIECE is not listed in the preview page in Jump. There's possibility that OP will be on break next week. This chapter has only 15 pages. Oda might be in desperate situation for deadline..

(Information thanks to redon)

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Disappointingly short chapter (largely due to the Golden Week deadlines) but considering how much got out of it, I'm okay.

It's too early to try and really power scale any of these people considering 52.000.000 outside the East Blue is kind of a joke, but I like the gadget mink (I think he's a mink) a lot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked Karasu the most out of the four newly revealed Revolutionary Army commanders, although I worry that they might not be as strong as the Admirals, which they might need to fight when they arrive in Mariejoa.

diakyu

I liked Karasu the most out of the four newly revealed Revolutionary Army commanders, although I worry that they might not be as strong as the Admirals, which they might need to fight when they arrive in Mariejoa.
The Revs would be suicidal if they put themselves in a situation where they had to fight when they make this declaration, they likely have a roundabout way of doing.

Also, I really hope Oda can make the revs interesting because I've always viewed them as baggage though i realize they make the world feel more alive. And the stuff with everyone crapping themselves that Luffy is related to Dragon (like Ivan's "as expected of your bloodline" remark) when One Piece almost never cares for actual blood relations is strange to me. The Revs are just so strange to me. Sabo and Ivan are cool though.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
There was a lot of confusion about that last week, at least that's over with.

Volume 89

latest

Red Gear Fourth is manga canon now I guess. It also seems like Oda forgot to draw Katakuri's teeth right in the mirror shot.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And thus, it begins.

Wonder if Hancock and Mihawk will get involved, since them being Warlords is the only reason the WG isn't on their tails.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
So we saw a bit from the third marine admiral in Mariejois. I don't think it's a coincidence that Garp is there too. I bet he will encounter Sabo in one way or another during the Revolutionary Army's operation.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Damn, those were some really pretty panels.

So the warlords are definitely done after this arc, a shame too because Buggy never really did anything with it.

Greenbull got the silhouette treatment which probably means we'll see him (it's a guy) in full next chapter.

A little surprised of the lack of Vivi this chapter.

So translation question, is it Stelly or Sterry? Was it always spelled wrong like how people would spell Koby with a C?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
https://mobile.twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1001418148468310018

ONE PIECE editor Naito said on Twitter live streaming 3 hours ago that Reverie will finish within the next 10 chapters (数週;2-9 weeks). He also said that he doesn't call it Reverie "arc" since it will not last long.

- Naito also said that Oda will not spend dozens of chapters on Reverie since Straw Hats need to enter Wano soon.

- Naito said that so many important information is crammed into Reverie that audience may feel like re-reading those chapters.

- "ONE PIECE Doors!" volume 1 will be on sale on June 4th. It will handle cover story drawings and such from chapter 2 to 305. Judging from the live streaming above, it seems Sheusha decided to publish this book since it will remind audience of some characters who appear in Reverie.

DeiqQv5WsAIc3f_.jpg

Seems like SBS is coming out soon.

Smoothie's DF is Shibo Shibo no mi, Squeeze Squeeze fruit.

The whole SBS: courtesy from Kirosh from Reddit

For Ace at 40 and 60 :
Q : I love Ace so much!! If he didn't die at the war, what would he be like? Please draw him at 40 and 60!!
Oda : Okay.
Ace (40): Hey Luffy, you're so old.
Ace (60): I'm retired.
Reality :
Ace (40): Hey Luffy, please lend me money.
Ace (60): Chopper, just give me a little bit, brother...
Oda: Well, not sure which one would have really happened, but it would be one of these two for sure.

The best Older and younger siblings of the Charlotte Family :
Q: Within Big Mom's 85 children, in chapter 891, Flampe says that Katakuri is king of big brothers and that there was a king of big sisters. Then who is the king of little brothers and king of little sisters?
Oda: Ehhhh, first of all, what Flampe said "Best of ", Flampe conducted that of her own accord. She's the kind of girl that she herself goes and takes the poll to everyone. Within that, there is the big, little, brother, sister results. Here is the top 3 for each.
Best older brother: 1 Katakuri, 2. Oven, 3. Perospero
Best younger brother: 1. Angure, 2. Nyuugo 3. Dolce
Best older sister: 1. Smoothie, 2. Amande 3. Brulee
Best younger sister: 1. Flampe, 2. Pudding. 3. Anana
Oda: In any case, the respective vote tally that is able to be taken isn't equal, it's just Flampe's "I want to be king of little sister" play/tom foolery.

About Smoothie :
Q: What is the power of Smoothie? She becomes so big in 894. Why? And why her sword is getting wet??
Oda: yeah...I don’t have enough page to draw these, but she has the power of Shibo Shibo no mi and she is a dehydration human. She can squeeze juice out of things and dehydrate anyone who is cut by her sword. She saves water got from somebody else and will become big after this. Then she can use those water in her body to attack. She is Strong.

About Gear 4 time limits and Dolfamingo in Dressrosa :
Q: After reading the manga and seeing the anime, I wonder why Luffy was unable to do anything for 10 minutes after Gear 4, but then moved around without a problem against Katakuri. Is this a plothole?
Oda: There is no limit. As long as you want to move, even if you were not able to use Haki, you could run away or fight anyway, right? In Dressrosa Luffy had help after using gear 4, so he relied on that help and saved his strength to prepare to take out Doflamingo once and for all. If he had no one to rely on, he would have still succeeded all on his own.

About how Nami acted toward Ceasar :
Q: Nami told Ceasar, he is "trash" and he should "kill himself". Did she learn that toxic attitude from Robin's wicked tongue?
Oda: Please reread Punk Hazard. Ceasar experimented on children and drugged them. He used his subordinates like experiment mice as well. He made weapons to kill innocent people. A man like Ceasar should be dead. Nami is only truly gentle to two types of people. Lovely children and lovely women. Her disgust for Ceasar comes from the bottom of her heart.
About Crocodile :
Oda : Crocodile enjoys crocodile meat and tomatos, yet he hates ketchup. Mr.1 eats raw ham, he hates roasted pork. This is why Crocodile had so many crocodiles, he raises and then eats them.

(I'm not sure for this one) About Katakuri :
Oda: His least favorite food is Ramen, and he sleep with his back against the wall, not in a bed.

Last edited:

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
About how Nami acted toward Ceasar :
Q: Nami told Ceasar, he is "trash" and he should "kill himself". Did she learn that toxic attitude from Robin's wicked tongue?
Oda: Please reread Punk Hazard. Ceasar experimented on children and drugged them. He used his subordinates like experiment mice as well. He made weapons to kill innocent people. A man like Ceasar should be dead. Nami is only truly gentle to two types of people. Lovely children and lovely women. Her disgust for Ceasar comes from the bottom of her heart.

And there were people who really thought this dude would join the crew.

I've always said he makes for a great villain and gag villain but he's basically Frieza. You don't redeem someone like that.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The Luffy fanclub barring Coby has been assembled lol
And now I'm totally confused. Two straw hats?! Why is it considered a treasure by Doflamingo and why is it on Mariejois?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh wow, Stelly and Charloss.

Two of the most punchable faces in One Piece in the same location.

If only Luffy was here.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The Luffy fanclub barring Coby has been assembled lol
Three princesses talking about Luffy. Hancock's Luffy-sense is tingling hard by now. The way Rebecca is acting, like a fangirl gossiping about her star crush, is bugging me, though.

I would say the frozen straw hat it's Roger's or related to the "D." family, but, let's see.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Gave the chapter of couple of re-reads (rare for me), god the Nami face syndrome is bad lmao. Vivi had one panel where she looked perfectly fine but apart from that,:confused:

It's unfortunate so many people who are advent readers seem to forget that the reason they'res so many of trivia cutaways this chapter, is because a lot of these stories are roughly 15 years old. The casual reader of One Piece and especially the kids who read currently but weren't even born aren't going to remember every little detail, and they're not going to re-read hundreds of chapters just for context.

Still pretty mixed about the Strawhat because of where that could potentially lead the story during the endgame, sorta reeks of the prophecy cliche. I hope it isn't an ancient weapon, poneglyph, or the a key to the One Piece, that would just be lame.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
How in the actual f*** is Charloss is even still alive?

I hope he's Dragon's first victim.