• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Welp, Kin'emon's group has all their names carved on those graves. Now I'm really intrigued to see what's that "unbelievable truth", Zoro is claiming.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I really hope they aren't ghosts or something convoluted, this is the rare moment where I actually want this to be an Oda bait and switch.

Lucky3

Am I the only one who thinks that 'ghosts' is clearly supposed to be a metaphor here and the audience isn't really meant to think that they're actually dead?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Oh s***, I just got pointed to the panel of the old lady getting ready to kill a baby and herself.

That's surprisingly dark.

Am I the only one who thinks that 'ghosts' is clearly supposed to be a metaphor here and the audience isn't really meant to think that they're actually dead?

I'm sure it's just as simple as they're faking their deaths, but you never know. Not that it makes any sense because Kaido knows Raizou is at least alive.

Lucky3

The shogun and Kaido probably claim that everyone involved with the Kozuki clan is dead to destroy any hopes of returning to the good old days in the citizens. Basically, they're probably the ones that put those graves there to try and erase their existence, which is why they're known as 'ghosts', similar to the 'forgotten' of Dressrosa. That's what I think at least.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The shogun and Kaido probably claim that everyone involved with the Kozuki clan is dead to destroy any hopes of returning to the good old days in the citizens. Basically, they're probably the ones that put those graves there to try and erase their existence, which is why they're known as 'ghosts', similar to the 'forgotten' of Dressrosa. That's what I think at least.

That's what I'm expecting too. It's most likely some sort of propaganda from the Shogun to demoralize and prevent the citizens from starting any possible rebellion in the nation.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
They can't be ghost because they're clearly solid beings, but I'm sure there's more to it than simply "we faked our deaths to prevent a revolution".

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, we don't have a time manipulation Devil Fruit, so I guess it was gonna happen eventually.

Also, when Momonosuke said he met Roger, I was expecting him to have mistaken him for Ace. Makes sense since they're father and son, right? O-Tama's history with Ace only furthered that theory. But now with this, I'm not so sure about that.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Some people in the One Piece community are just comical man, in a series of supernatural powers that come from eating fruits, humanoid creatures of all spectrums, old people who live to be over 130 years, and the part that just crosses the line is time travel?

I get it, time travel is generally never handled well, but we don't even know how it works in this scenario. One can assume it's devil fruit related but we don't know the limitations.

Last edited:

Lucky3

I'll take this over actual ghosts any day.
Well, we don't have a time manipulation Devil Fruit, so I guess it was gonna happen eventually.

Also, when Momonosuke said he met Roger, I was expecting him to have mistaken him for Ace. Makes sense since they're father and son, right? O-Tama's history with Ace only furthered that theory. But now with this, I'm not so sure about that.
I never paid that a lot of attention to that, but now that I think about it, there was really no reason for Momo to mistake Ace for Roger since they were talking about him specifically by name. Because if he only met Ace, he would need to know his relation to Roger in order to mistake them. But if he knew that, then there's no way he wouldn't know who of the two he met. So it's quite contradictory.

lolipiece

Staff member
I'll take this over actual ghosts any day.

I never paid that a lot of attention to that, but now that I think about it, there was really no reason for Momo to mistake Ace for Roger since they were talking about him specifically by name. Because if he only met Ace, he would need to know his relation to Roger in order to mistake them. But if he knew that, then there's no way he wouldn't know who of the two he met. So it's quite contradictory.

I also saw someone post something interesting earlier today.

It was mentioned before the Nekomaushi and Inuarashi used to be friends in the past before that incident that caused them to hate each other.

According to Wanda and Pedro, they were children back when that happened while Carrot hadn't even been born. When Neko and Inu started fighting, Momonosuke told them to stop because "they used to be such good friends". The way he said that made it seem like he saw them as friends firsthand.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Time travel? Time to save everyone who died on-screen.

diakyu

I hope it's a power that can only send people forward but not the fruit user specifically. Maybe Oden's wife had it, explains why she was so dead set on the 20 year thing.

Also, nine samurai, nine Strawhats in Wano right now?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Normally you have people coming back from the future to avoid events leading up to catastrophe.

This.. is weird. From the past to liberate Wano?

diakyu

So yeah, they're gonna regret that 2 week timeframe when it gives just enough time for Big Mom and her crew to show up.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Honestly, I wonder what they will do this two weeks. I expect them to be forced to act earlier for whatever reason unless Oda just skips those weeks. Oh and we officially have the Time-Time fruit.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So yeah, they're gonna regret that 2 week timeframe when it gives just enough time for Big Mom and her crew to show up.

Assuming everything doesn't immediately go to s*** with Jack on his way, they have some time to train. So there's that.

lolipiece

Staff member
So, anyone else think Hiyori is still alive? As in, she's an adult now.

Don't see the point of adding this new, never-before mentioned(?) character, and keep her design hidden if all she was going to do was die in a flashback. Like, Oden and Toki, I get, since they're important to the plot and we'll probably get their designs revealed as we learn more about them. But this is just a little girl. Why send Momo to the future and not her daughter?

Betting Toki's actually dead, since she's the typical DFM (Dead Flashback Mom) character Oda keeps doing (and I'd wish he'd stop).

...Also, who was the fifth person in Kinemon's group with the big hat?

diakyu

Love how Luffy is told to stay incognito, agrees to do so, but forgets he's already blown his cover lol

Cool to see Oda focused on Sanji's reaction a bit when they were explaining their connections since he wasn't there when the Minks and the Samurai explained their connection back on Zou.