1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rex Kamex, Sep 6, 2006.

1. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, but Oda's been hyping these things up since Sabaody. That's nearly ten years. Plus when you include Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, and Zou, Kaidou's influence has been much more prominent than Big Mom's during the timeskip.

It's hard to not feel disappointed when you've been setting up something for so long. Especially when Oda's made some cool Zoan Devil Fruit users in the past.

May we never forget the greatest One Piece line, "Never underestimate the full destructive power of a giraffe."

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  2. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are strong guys in the Beast Pirates beyond the calamities. They'll probably have actual zoans, though. The danger of smiles was implied to be the number pretty much from the beginning. Sure, they may not look impressive compared to people like Luffy, but they're still far stronger than an average marine and Kaido has 500 of them.

3. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Jimbei is worth 438.000.000

Boa sisters 40.000.000 each. Seems reasonable enough given this was like a decade ago.

4. lolipiece

Morley was a former Impel Down inmate and the one who created the area that became Newkama Land. Nice to finally get confirmation on that plot point nearly ten years down the line.

5. Mr. Reloaded

Not really the chapter you should put out after coming off break only to have another 2 week break immediately after, the flashback for instance overstayed its welcome.

Komurasaki = Hiyori. Oda really had to spell that out.

6. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

The general consensus on the Sweet Commander Kidd tangled with seems to be Snack, which is unfortunate because it really undermines Urouge's victory by beating an already wounded individual.

There's also the theory it could have one of Cracker's biscuit soldiers that would spit out jam and Kidd probably fell for it.

7. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

Is Big Mom more powerful than Kaido then? The Worst Generation seem to save her for later.

8. lolipiece

Luffy couldn't hurt Kaidou just like he couldn't hurt Big Mom. He's not going down this arc either, and I doubt any of the Yonkou are for a while.

9. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

Kidd got involved with Kaido accidentally and Law originally only wanted to use him to get revenge on Doflamingo, and roped Luffy into it.

10. Mr. Reloaded

Ooooh.

Apparently we are getting something big outta Reverie next year, that's exciting.

11. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Won't it just be Dragon officially declaring his war on the Celestial Dragons? Or did that already happen?

12. Mr. Reloaded

So X Drake is like a super headliner then? Makes sense, it's what all the supernovas should be.

Orochi looks fine, he doesn't immediately scream fodder so we'll see.

13. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

Hawkins and Apoo have been in the crew for like a month in-universe. It'd be weird if they had the same clout as the guy that joined over a year ago. It's already impressive enough that Drake has achieved that rank in such a short time.

14. lolipiece

So, uh, is there a reason why Brook's hair is on fire in the color page? He's never done that before with his fire. Unless that's some sort of Ninja-related theme like all the others, I smell a power-up.

Page One? And I thought Baby 5 was a weird name. Though with one and X (diez), can we expect eight more members of Drake's crew? Two through nine are missing.

Super nice to finally learn Drake's Fruit. But why dragon? Aren't dinos birds now? Joking aside, it's nice to see something other than the obvious T-rex choice, though I guess someone on Drake's crew is going to have it.

15. insanejames

insanejames Unorthodox Trainer

Well big momma just got knocked potentially underwater unless that ship of hers can rescue her of it own accord I don't really see a way out of this for her.
    to be honest the only way i can see them defeating kadio at the moment is that big mom and kadio fight each other to exhaustion and then luffy and co take winner

16. Mr. Reloaded

Welcome back to break piece oh wait, we're right back on break. One Piece might actually live to see 30 lmao.

So Big Mom actually went in without Katakuri and seemingly Cracker? Not that either of them could have stopped what that behemoth King just did, but talk about being unprepared.

Getting that raid suit showcase super early in I see.

17. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Explorer

I'm glad to see that Sanji is going to use the suit. I wish Big Mom would just get drowned after sinking in the sea lol

18. lolipiece

Thank. God.

I've been wanting Sanji to get a power up that wasn't the result of a two year long "ew, guys in drag are gross" joke.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're too injured to come. Cracker especially, since he specifically didn't like pain.

Though, given what happened to Snack after he lost to Urouge, they were probably demoted. So congrats, Smoothie, you're now the only Sweet Commander left. Now if only you actually contributed to the plot.

19. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

The disguise bit is iffy because of how debatable it's effectiveness actually is, unless his raid suit is drastically different from everyone else's.

20. Mr. Reloaded

https://old.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/aib7bb/new_information_about_yonkos_bounties/

Big Mom and Kaido are over 2 billion. Shanks may have the highest bounty.

(Episode 870)

The anime will (likely) forever be hot garbage that's not worth a week to week watch.

But this episode was actually one of the if not the greatest amount of effort they've put into a single episode since pre-time skip. And you know it's good when the big SnakeMan reveal is the least impressive part of the episode, and that was an awesome sequence in of itself. And King Cobra... Oh my god thank you!

Apparently this episode took about 2 months to produce and it definitely showed.

That being said, that whole segment with Sanji and Pudding was pretty bad. But because it was so brief I'm not going off points.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019