1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rex Kamex, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Explorer

Sanji can finally accomplish his dream through Germa. Pretty ironic indeed lol Big Mom's amnesia can actually come in handy if she somehow ends up as an immensely powerful ally for as long as she doesn't recall anything.

2. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

So.. Amnesia. This will be.. amusing?

3. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

So now that Sanji has embraced his inner Toku fan, I think it's appropriate that he pilot the Franky Shogun from now on, no? Maybe modify it to suit his standards.

I am curious as to what modifications Usopp and Franky could do to it.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  4. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Oda actually made Big Mom a walking breathing meme. :confused:

Woman in One Piece are generally shoddily written and portrayed very arcadic, but she's an emperor this is almost disrespectful.

5. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

I've actually been meaning to start coming into this thread, I was just going to wait until I officially read the manga from start to current before doing so. But unfortunately guess my first post will be to announce we lost a legend not long ago.

RIP Arimoto-san, our Whitebeard.

6. RasenPoKeimon

RasenPoKeimon Active Member

Hope we get a new op soon. Though from what I have seen OP openings change whenever they want so it is hard to predict

7. Mr. Reloaded

But we just got Super Powers, it'll stick till after Reverie.

8. RasenPoKeimon

RasenPoKeimon Active Member

Maybe I'm jumping the gun and thinking were getting to Wano by April. By Wano I'd expect a full new op unless they plan to just change the visuals but keep the song. But yeah I'm not too sure how much longer Whole Cake is since I read the manga only to the point where the anime is for the arc.

9. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

I only started reading the manga around chapter 900, so going by my brother's estimation, we may hit Reverie around March/April, and so I'm putting Wano at about June, but it could be until after Stampede's release. The same brother said he'd actually like a filler arc any given time now, which I can see happening to lead up to Stampede given that's how it went with the previous two films. He wants one as long as G-8 (and just as good) when in reality it'd be only for a month.

Either way, I'm hoping for Stampede to get put in theaters out here. Gold came out just months before I started the series so I didn't go with my brothers, but from the looks of it, Stampede is going to look amazing on the big screen, and I'm excited for it.

10. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

It's the 20th anniversary of the anime so we're almost guaranteed to get a special OP a la Wake Up or the special We Are version. Somewhere in Reverie seems like the best way for it to debut, since Super Powers is very WCI-centric. Or they may wait until Reverie is over so they can include IM and whatnot.

11. Mr. Reloaded

Volume: 92

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    shoz999 likes this.
  12. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

I don't even like Toko, but what did Oda do to that poor girls hair? I know Oda likes to be unique but it doesn't always work man.

Kaido is eh. Probably should have just ran with Red.

13. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Red's overdone, green would probably get him sued. Blue isn't a common color for dragons, so it's more unique. There's also the fact that Luffy's Gear 4 is already red, which means it wouldn't contrast with Kaido.

14. lolipiece

Toriyama didn't invent green dragons.

Blue is a surprise. I was expecting brown, but I guess that would've blended in with his tattoo too much.

I'd have an easier time buying pink hair for Toko if Oda didn't shade it in. Makes it look darker than what it really is.

15. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

They posted a making of in Instagram and she apparently was going to have black hair originally.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt98BDsHSEY/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wg0uyjh2bmt4

16. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

How is blue a surprise? One of the most famous dragons is called the Azure Dragon.

[​IMG]

17. lolipiece

So...those theories about Zoro being from Wano are looking pretty close to becoming canon, eh?

18. Mr. Reloaded

Page One really got off paneled.

R.I.P

Now that we know Big Mom and Kaido we're on the same crew, the Rox Pirates must have been legit gods in their day.

19. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

Who even is Noda Skywalker? Is that someone Oda just knows personally?

20. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

Well, this chapter left me super hyped. Going to be an annoying 2 weeks now.
    I'm surprised Kidd already escaped, I was hoping for some action with Luffy and break out together.

Curious if Luffy beats the heck out of Queen or BM shows up and destroys him.