1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rex Kamex, Sep 6, 2006.

1. insanejames

insanejames Unorthodox Trainer

I agree the i was banking on them fighting eachother to the point luffy could take them on. Tho they could just be waiting for a more ideal time to fight but for kagura that would have been then when she was alone and he had all the backup he could have wanted. Tho if the power-ups they are giving the monster treo could be far more powerful then we think
    Luffys new technique. Zoro's new sword/swords and Sanji's new suit.

Chiffon likes this.
  2. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Wonder if the ramen commercials will ever be acknowledged in the series?

Chiffon likes this.
  3. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Sabo is obviously not dead, but I'm shocked the warlords weren't cut immediately after Dressrosa.

Now I'm interested.

4. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

I had a feeling we would shift to Reverie-related content after "Act II" ended. Same as the previous Act.

Things are about to hit the fan.

Chiffon likes this.
  5. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Why would the warlords be cut by the government? Doflamingo's problem was being a Celestial Dragon that they couldn't actually do anything about. They had no problem throwing Crocodile into Impel Down.

6. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

For the same reason they just did it?

An abusive group of stupid strong of pirates that constantly got out of line, and the marines cost 2 kingdoms complete terror.

Chiffon likes this.
  7. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Didn't Fujitora speak at Reverie as well alongside Kings Cobra and Riku's testimonies? He was one of the admirals advocating for the abolishing of the warlord system, after all. I also feel like Luffy becoming the fifth Emperor is what helped throw the system "off balance", so to "balance" it out, they had to cut out that which was, frankly, a revolving door system of replacements. They had, what, three-or-so Warlords having to get replaced in such a short amount of time before the time skip? That was making the Marines and World Government edgy, and the Summit War happened in which Blackbeard threw a wrench into everything. And when Doflamingo went to Impel Down, they hadn't found a replacement for him before they decided to get rid of the system.

I think Mihawk's reaction to being "relieved of boredom", Doflamingo laughing in his cell, and Boa Hancock's words on her throne says a lot about their feelings toward the Warlord system. They aren't particularly worried that they're "wanted" again, unlike the newbies Buggy and Weevil, because they had a good reason for being Warlords in the first place. So shit's going down for sure, but it's feeling much more one-sided than we're being led to believe.

Chiffon likes this.
  8. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

Do people actually still remember who Sabo is after all this long lol
    not so important

9. TheWanderingMist

He was at the Reverie. Feels like between then and now is a shorter gap than between his first appearance and resurfacing at Dressrosa.

10. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

A pirate crew with three of the Yonko's. Sheesh.
    Wonder what kind of pirate Rocks was.

11. srebak

srebak Beginning Trainer

1. Just a quick hypothetical question; what do you think would happen if, for whatever reason, Luffy adopts O-tama as his daughter, hypothetically?

2. What were the One Piece battles in which Luffy received very severe injuries, endured a very brutal battering and/or was so close to death?

12. TheWanderingMist

1. Child dies of starvation because Luffy doesn't share food.

2. Vs. Aokiji and in Impel Down are the closest to death he's gotten that I can recall from the top of my head. I guess Arlong too since he had to be rescued midfight from being underwater. He was in danger of being captured and executed in other fights, but I think those are the only fights he may have died just by fighting.