• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Bege lost all credit in the assassination plot because of the fake news and the WG thought nothing of him.

The same thing pretty much happened in Dressrosa with everyone who wasn't one the 4 people who actually got a real increase that arc.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Just so nobody's confused tomorrow, there will be no more scanslations from both (you know where websites). And this applies to all WSJ.

And you will have to use the official VIZ media site on Sunday to read the next chapter when it releases officially. It's free too, should probably mention that

EDIT: False alarm, it still came out lol.

Apparently Bege got a increase. 350 mil.
Dang, if I'd known Viz did official translations on their site, I wouldn't be so far behind.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bege's bounty increase aside, the newest chapter was decent. I wanted to like it more than I do because it showed Roger and Whitebeard clashing, but at the same time I'm a little frustrated with off-screen skirmishes. I wanted to learn more about the Poneglyphs, but all we got in the new chapter was a regurgitation of what we already knew about them.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Jump Festa 2020 Oda's comment:

Translation for Oda's full message- (via Sandman)

"Hello, everyone who came to Jump Festa! This is your King speaking! Actually, I lied. This is Oda.

The year of the 20th anniversary of the One Piece TV series really hit us with all its fury. There have been tons of events, illustrations, films, the whole thing was jam-packed, huh! I would like to use this chance to seriously thank everyone who took the time to join in!" To all the staff involved in all of this: Great work, everybody! Now you can finally rest.

But, well... As for the source material, I don't think I'll have any time to rest myself. In fact, I've already destroyed all my own chances at a break! Are you enjoying the adventures of Kouzuki Oden so far?

I've been worried about revealing spoilers in this arc, so I've been super careful drawing it. If I don't keep myself in check, I'll end up plotting out the entire rest of One Piece's story right there. [Note: He probably means spoiling so much, that everybody is gonna be able to guess the ending.]

While I'm showing all these flashbacks, Luffy's party's adventures are having their stakes risen as well. They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in!! Well, of course, Luffy is not the sort of person to think about those sorts of things though.

The Wano Kuni arc is finally moving towards its climax as well!! I've been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I'm psyched! And once it's over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will...!! Vivi will...!! Hancock will...!! AAAAAAAA...!!!

OK. Last but not least, the exhibition you all came here for is just about to begin! Please take a close look at everything!! The next year of One Piece will also be SO, SO MUCH FUN!!

~December 2019, Eiichiro Oda

So I'm guessing expect a ton of deaths in Wano, Sabo and Boa probably got caught, and Vivi is also in some deep s***.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Volume 95 leaks are out and made a pretty big correction.

Koby is still a Captain, not a Rear Admiral.

Not that Boa was ever going to lose to Koby 1v1.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The SBS for volume 95 was mediocre, but then again I should learn by now not to expect great things from the SBS at this point. As for the new chapter which I wasn't even expecting, I thought that it sort of tip-toed around giving us answers to a lot of questions without actually telling us anything new about what the One Piece is. I know that Oda wouldn't have spoiled it completely, but I was hoping for a hint other than just finding out that it made Roger and his crew laugh. It was nice hearing about Joy Boy again as well, even though we didn't learn more about his backstory. The only part of the chapter that irked me was the Water 7 scene, because Franky has never mentioned meeting Roger, Rayleigh, and the others during his childhood.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

I was looking at best-selling books earlier and it's not until you see just how far ahead One Piece is compared to second place that you realize how insanely popular it is. It's sold over 150 million more copies than second place, while second place might not even actually be second place, because it's anywhere between 250 million and 300 million, while 3rd place is 280 million.

TheWanderingMist

Binks' Brew? Is this the dumb translations I have to read through..
Binks' Brew is part of the official translations. I don't know how much they changed from the original, but I do know "sake" got replaced with "brew".

Leonhart

Imagineer
CyberBlaziken said:
Binks' Brew? Is this the dumb translations I have to read through..

That's one of the reasons why I'd rather stick with fan translations, because at least they keep words like sake intact. I also dislike some of the other Viz translations, like their use of "Rox" instead of "Rocks", although I believe they changed it recently.

TheWanderingMist

That's one of the reasons why I'd rather stick with fan translations, because at least they keep words like sake intact. I also dislike some of the other Viz translations, like their use of "Rox" instead of "Rocks", although I believe they changed it recently.
I think they just replaced it so it rhymed. They've never had any issues with alcohol references before that I can remember. Also, no, fan translations can occasionally be accurate, but then you get things like what was posted above, riddled with fan theories and everything else.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Orochi has become such a great villian, that it'll be so satisfying to see him get his.

If he were just a bad villain, I would have wanted him to be forgotten about until the very end and then he dies. Like Spandam, had he died.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
Thus far we've seen two fruits that currently belong to different owner (copy and barrier) what I want to know is how old the fruit after their death left an isolationist country. I'm assuming there died of old age as they look pretty old here already

TheWanderingMist

Leonhart

Imagineer
The newest chapter made me feel somewhat bad for Orochi, because it showed just how cruel some of Wano's citizens were to his family. But I was taken aback by Oden's naiveté since he genuinely believed the promise that Orochi and Kaido made with him.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
The newest chapter made me feel somewhat bad for Orochi, because it showed just how cruel some of Wano's citizens were to his family. But I was taken aback by Oden's naiveté since he genuinely believed the promise that Orochi and Kaido made with him.
I do wonder how much of that is true and how much of it was planted in his head by Kurozumi Higurashi. His family may have been slaughtered by bandits and they have twisted this to making them hate the world

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Flashback end.

Now I'm super interested in who the traitor is, it can't be a scabard anymore.