• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Is it just me, or is Female Luffy literally Pre-TS Nami with black hair and a scar?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Locormus

Locormus

No, spoil me
Zoro uses Ashura, scars Kaidou (who is otherwise unfazed), Kaidou wonders if Zoro has conqueror's Haki, Zoro falls down exhausted.

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Luffy and Zoro are pretty much equals at this point. You can't deny it anymore.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I think I prefer Haki being the way to get stronger, rather than Luffy stacking more "Gear #"
Until he gets his Awakening, but even that has to make sense.

xEryChan

Masochist Bride
Staff member
Tbh, I’ve wondered if Zoro is going to get conqueror’s haki and tbh, I can definitely see that as a possibility in the not too distant future. This chapter also reminded why I am such a Luffy fan. He is my favorite, he has been since the Summit War saga and he probably always will be. I don’t see anyone ever overtaking him.

Locormus

Luffy and Zoro are pretty much equals at this point. You can't deny it anymore.

Spoken like a true Zoro-stan. :p

No honestly, if one has to believe Law this chapter, then Zoro has broken most of the bones in his body by blocking one (unarguably huge) attack by BM and Kaidou for what was probably less then a second - just so the other guys could be transported to safety. Then he used Ashura (sp), which will leave a scar on Kaidou, but didn't faze him otherwise by any stretch of the imagination. And then he dropped.

Yes, Zoro is up there fighting against both BM and Kaidou (or was, really), but the actual damage done is quite minimal despite him dropping. Yes, per Kaidou's words, he may have CoC, but that doesn't put him on Luffy's level yet. Luffy actually managed to knock Kaidou down and made him need to dodge.

I mean you did see Zoro shitting his pants when Kaidou ran up to him this chapter (while slashing Prometheus), before Law stepped in? Luffy would never have that look.

That being said, I'm a Sanji-fan, but I was never into the 'Zoro/Sanji-who's stronger'-wars. It's pretty clear that Zoro would win that. On the otherside, that doesn't mean that Sanji won't get a big moment sooner then later. Zoro is the full on physical 2nd to Luffy, while Sanji is the weird 'commander' to the rest of the Strawhats, maybe that has changed a little with Jinbe's arrival to the crew, but without Luffy or Zoro, the crew looks to Sanji. The way he has had consistent focus as a 'downstairs' player makes it obvious that he'll have a big fight coming up, perhaps even defending Zoro's broken body from King/Queen/Perospero, until he gets healed by Chopper, Law, Pineapple or the mysterious entity that healed the Scabbards (there's so many medics on Onigashima right now).

xEryChan

Masochist Bride
Staff member
I didn’t even realize at first that Zoro has conqueror’s haki. I always assumed he does but my first read through this chapter and I didn’t even realize that.

I’m so pathetic.

Anyways, I’m a Luffy fan. Luffy has been my favorite since the Summit War saga and he still is now. Law has had points where he did come close to overtaking Luffy but hasn’t quite yet. He might end up getting there though.