• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It's debatable. Especially for Sasaki.

We still need to revisit Who'sWho as well, since we haven't seen him without the mask and the Cp0 are after him specifically.

But the best bet is that next chapter will focus on Black Maria and Robin/Brook.

Honestly Oda is dropping the ball currently.

We had no update on Kid and Law vs. Big Mom in ages, Killer has been dumped into offscreenland vs. Hawkins, the Scabbards were defeated, then healed, then most were on the brink of death again and now we're supposed to expect Inuarashi can fight Jack 1v1? Also, Denjirou has been MIA since the Scabbards split up (I'm guessing he's protecting the mystery healer). But if there's a mystery healer.. and I think I know who it is.. then why isn't she the one to go ahead and heal Zoro?!?

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
E61E2hMXoAEX_a9

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
We still need to revisit Who'sWho as well, since we haven't seen him without the mask and the Cp0 are after him specifically.

But the best bet is that next chapter will focus on Black Maria and Robin/Brook.

Honestly Oda is dropping the ball currently.

We had no update on Kid and Law vs. Big Mom in ages, Killer has been dumped into offscreenland vs. Hawkins, the Scabbards were defeated, then healed, then most were on the brink of death again and now we're supposed to expect Inuarashi can fight Jack 1v1? Also, Denjirou has been MIA since the Scabbards split up (I'm guessing he's protecting the mystery healer). But if there's a mystery healer.. and I think I know who it is.. then why isn't she the one to go ahead and heal Zoro?!?
they did feel to short bbut mabye he getting pressure form fans and/or editor ect to start ending wono

mehmeh1

Knight of the Sea!
they did feel to short bbut mabye he getting pressure form fans and/or editor ect to start ending wono
tbh I'm feeling there'll be a team fight ala Thriller Bark later on and that's why the separate matchups are ending so quickly

lolipiece

Oshiete. my teacher!
Staff member
Or the anime could go on break so that it's not so goddamn close to the manga. But that would cost them money or whatever.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
They did feel too short, but maybe he's getting pressured by fans/editors/etc to start ending Wano.

Honestly, I don't see a need to end Wano in a rush - nor do I understand the sentiment. If you take two years building a story, why in the world would you want to rush through the climax and ending? I want worthwhile resolutions. I honestly feel very little with these matchups even when we know they've been setup a while ago. Going through a single chapter and that being it in terms of resolution just doesn't feel right. Every fight will start too feel as if it was easy if they manage to take out the baddie in a single chapter. I know a lot of the action is offscreened, but hey, that's not something we can judge or give value to. In example: "Franky got a big fight in Wano", "Yeah, we saw him beat Sasaki quite easily in one chapter, it wasn't much.", "Yeah, but a lot must've happened offscreen!", "Yeah, but I saw him finish Sasaki quite easily honestly, must not have been a hard fight. And he was in General Franky until the end, so he received barely any damage to himself. Especially once those Gifters changed team."

It's just sad that any potential for the story around these characters getting wasted if they have indeed wrapped up.

Though I hope the anime expands on them. I mean that'd be a good way to stretch out episodes rather than le epic panning shots or flashbacks to 5 minutes ago

Quit watching during Marineford. I just couldn't take it anymore. So much action to show - and somehow they made the decision to literally fill episodes with drawings being pulled from the left side to the right side of the screen (sometimes the other way around, or god forbid, top to bottom), with a few shakes and/or shakey lines.. >.>