• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Agreed. I've honestly never been that interested in Zoro's lineage, same with how I've never cared who Luffy's mother is, tbh. The fact that he got where he is all by his own doing makes his character that much more impressive.
Look how much time it took for Goku's mother, Gine to be finally created in a canon way.
but unlike Zoro, Luffy ate a special devil fruit so Zoro deserves more credit.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What are we thinking the "Egghead incident" will be?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Thematically speaking, it would not only be enough to shake the world, but also show just how far Luffy has come in terms of strength.
Yeah, feel like this could be it, then again just an emperor taking down one admiral doesn't seem like THAT big of a shock, so maybe we also get a Sabaody punch with Saturn

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Yeah, feel like this could be it, then again just an emperor taking down one admiral doesn't seem like THAT big of a shock, so maybe we also get a Sabaody punch with Saturn
Not to go full conspiracy theorist, but if you wanna buy into the theories that the post-timeskip is mirroring pre-timeskip, it would definitely be appropriate if this went down like another Sabaody, but perhaps with a more victorious ending for the crew. Probably not just coincidence that it's Kizaru showing up to Egghead.

Time out for a bit, but was just looking through the archives of this thread for fun. Not gonna lie, it's really cool to see people that were reacting to the ending of Enies Lobby as it actually happened. I'm admittedly a fairly new fan, as I hopped aboard during the pandemic (ignoring the fact that I watched the 4Kids dub as a kid). It's a shame that forums aren't as popular as they once were, because they can serve as a really nice internet time capsule.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I know there's a lot of controversy regarding how Oda decided to essentially write off Kid, but I think this is a great move. It's endgame we need to trim the fat. Shanks and Blackbeard are the actual endgame opponents and not 2 characters literally conceptualize last second to make Sabaody more interesting.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I know there's a lot of controversy regarding how Oda decided to essentially write off Kid, but I think this is a great move. It's endgame we need to trim the fat. Shanks and Blackbeard are the actual endgame opponents and not 2 characters literally conceptualize last second to make Sabaody more interesting.
Well I guess now we know why his backstory was revealed via SBS.

But for real, Kid and Law got there time to shine in Wano. It’s a shame to see them go like that, but we’re in the final saga now. We have much bigger fish to fry.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Who are the most likely candidates to join the Straw Hat Pirates?

Stussy (She already betrayed CP0 and the World Government. As a result, the World Government most likely wants her dead and what better thing for her to do than join the Straw Hat Pirates?

Vivi
Carrot (Wanda should have been the new ruler of the Mink Tribe, not Carrot.)
Yamato
Marco

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Stussy (She already betrayed CP0 and the World Government. As a result, the World Government most likely wants her dead and what better thing for her to do than join the Straw Hat Pirates?

Vivi
Yamato
Out of all of these people? Stussy honestly. And even with her, right now her chances are pretty abysmal unless something drastic happens.

Vivi not going to egghead and instead being stuck with Wapol really hurt her chances for me. There's little to no indication she got any major power boost over the timeskip, joining an emperor's crew would be too dangerous. Plus she's considered the 5.5 strawhat.

Carrot is also done. Yes. Her ending definitely sucked and made no sense, whatsoever, however, her lack of any real involvement in Wano, her complete and utter defeat and getting cucked in her revenged match with Perospero was the deal breaker for me. That's just not how you'd write a strawhat.

Yamato: Red herring. The only purpose this character served was to sell merch and generate interest into the manga with nakama bait. The fact that people continue to cope with this reality is hilarious. Also she's just too strong.

The only chance she'd have at joining now is if someone literally built Momonosuke a hyperbolic time chamber xD. She is the guardian of Wano and that's not changing during the story's run.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.

Vivi
Yamato
Maybe Stussy, but I'm not sure at this point. I have a feeling that during the final war, some of the "honorary Straw Hats" might join up with the crew, but still not sure how useful a character like Vivi would be in that scenario. Personally, I think Yamato was really the last chance we had at a proper new crew member. There's just too much going on in this final saga to make room for developing a whole new main character.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I'm surprised that Kid got this kind of treatment because he and Law beat a Yonko together so you would think that he'll put more of a fight.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
The series finale of One Piece will be released later this year. Oda has confirmed it himself. Hahahaha.

This is obviously very much a joke and not to be taken seriously.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Kuzan not betraying Teach is gonna cause so many powerscaling problems if it doesn't happen lmao.

Shiryu > Kuzan already getting pushed.