1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rex Kamex, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Well-Known Member

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. About this inevitable story arc...

2. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Garp is one smexy beast. I'm not surprised.

Plus, it seems as if Coby and Helmeppo have returned with new badass designs.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  3. Judai-and-sho

Judai-and-sho The Best of the Best

Yes, indeed. But we should have guessed it a long time ago, he had all the signs that the Ds we know seem to have, falling asleep out of nowhere, loving food.

4. raticatelover

raticatelover 7th Shichibukai

I give up. I'll just talk bout this chapter.[SPOIL]Zoro's memory of the Loguetown owner's store was good closure for it. A ship made with the wood of Adam is good, Franky joining probably increased since it grew. Coby is so gonna look badass.[/SPOIL]

Wait how can I forget?[SPOIL]Luffy can eat and sleep at the same time FTW![/SPOIL]

EDIT:That should be good. Hahaha...yea

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  5. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Great job on those spoiler tags.

Also, Franky has pretty much said himself that he's going with them.

6. Judai-and-sho

Where did he say that? All I took was that he wanted them to ride on his ship? Sure he probably is going with them, but he hasnt said it yet.

7. Blaziryu

Blaziryu Well-Known Member

I totally forgot that Franky spend that 200 berries. At least he brought something that would be useful for the Straw Hat crew. And Luffy's gramps, that was very surprising.

8. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

some pics

[img139]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/444/014dr7.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3651/019ck6.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4969/020px9.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9897/021uw5.jpg[/img139]

Note that Garp looks exactly like Luffy's grandpa from the pilot chapter.

9. Judai-and-sho

Well, they do look alot alike.

10. Kecleon Freak

Kecleon Freak Legendary Pirate

favorite chapter ever
    Looks like this uber-arc will go on for a little longer. Franky must join though, he's currently surpassed Usopp as my second favorite character, with Luffy in first.

Garp's revelation was awesome, but I especially loved Iceburg's plan to turn Water 7 into a giant ship to solve the flood problem. It struck me as very Oda-like, and a nice tribute to the whole theme of ships that has been present in this uber-arc.

11. raticatelover

Something else...Usopp could choose to stay with the giants on Elbaf. That would be horrible choice for Oda and a complete waste of development, but this could be what Usopp needs. I personally want him to go with the SHs. Him being annoying and whining but watching him grow is way better than him not appearing for awhile then all of a sudden come back super bad*****.

Cannot wait for Coby Helmeppo full cameo. Bet they look just the same but with muscular bodies, and Coby got rid of glasses plus longer hair. Okay maybe they will look sort of different, but hopefully the point was taken across.

Any thoughts?

12. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

From what we've seen, Usopp has already been forgiven, and is definatly going to return to the crew.

Also, I want Helmeppo to have the Hammer Hammer Fruit.

13. MugenKeiji

MugenKeiji THERE'S NO $50 HERE!

BattleFranky~40, you have been a great asset to this forum.

Scheist! Garp's been friggin' working Coby and Helmeppo to the bone, check out Helmeppo's cleft. I suppose that's what happens when you go from a shrimp into being a Marine prepared for the GRAND-FLIPPIN'-LINE!

Oda, you so crazeh!

Post.Wins.INTERNETS!

14. Judai-and-sho

Usopp going with the giants to Elbaf? I actually am for this idea somewhat, BUT only if we get 2 new crew members.

15. /\One Piece/\

/\One Piece/\ Gumo Gumo no Pistol!

I think it would be a good idea for usopp to go with the Giants to Elbaf, to become stronger of course then come back, and 2 crew members...idk that doesnt seem like something that would happen, but hey Oda is one sneaky man
    EDIT: yes, Helmeppo should get hammer hammer fruit, that would be awesome, cant think of a DF that would fit coby though

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  16. Judai-and-sho

Usopp isnt a necessity to the crew. He rarly gets a good fight, and is mainly comedy relief. I think he could only gain by going to Elbaf with the giants, makes me wonder why Oda threw that in there. Im a Paulie fan and think he would be a humerous addition to the crew, in addition to of course Franky. Paulie is himself going to be wanted by the government, especially for aiding the Straw Hats, and we already know that the government considers him and everyone else who charged Enies Lobby, part of Luffy's crew. We also know that heis quite strong, if he could hold giants with his ropes. He also has debts so he needs a way to make money. Plus, imagine the scenes between him and Sanji over Nami and Robin's dress.

17. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Pauly isn't strong, doesn't have a past, has sucky abilities, and only hint of personality being hating women wearing revealing outfits, which would get old quickly.

18. Catalyst

Catalyst Aim for the Top.

Agreed, I don't see why people like Pauly, he's in the way a lot and he had trouble fighting off guards in Enies Lobby, I wonder what'd happen if we replaced Franky with Pauly when he fights Nero on the Sea Train.

19. raticatelover

Paulie joining not good idea. Even if he was interesting or anything that is good he still has to help rebuild the town and he wouldnt miss that for the world.

20. MugenKeiji

MugenKeiji THERE'S NO $50 HERE!

After all

Someone has to maintain the new ship. Nothing against the "Adam" timber and all, but I really hope the sturdiness of Franky's "Dream Ship" doesn't become a convenient plot device to keep him from joining the Strawhats.

After all, he sings too. Luffy will fight through hell and high water for that.