• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
I hope something happens to make Franky weaker, cause he seems a little too strong to be a straw hat as he is now. The other straw hats are strong, but can always grow. How exactly can Franky grow? He seems to be pretty strong right now as it is.

This is a question that puzzles me. Franky IS strong, but we all know he's got nothing of Luffy, and Zoro and Sanji are ridiculously strong as well, as seen by the members of CP9 they defeated(the second and third most powerful respectively), whilst Franky couldn't make a dent in Lucci(although granted he's almost twice as powerful as Kaku).
Chopper's ridiculously powerful too, now we know he can obtain his monster form, and Franky, unlike Zoro, has a weakness. Without the cola he needs so badly, Franky's power decreases dramatically. Each of his most powerful attacks also uses some of that cola up, meaning he can't fight for very long.

Franky could upgrade his own body, plain and simple. Perhaps if Usopp sticks around he can help create more powerful weaponry for the Cyborg. After all, look what he managed to create for Nami, which helped win her fight against Califa.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Ok, spoilers for 432 are up, and here is what is supposed to be happening

Is non other than Dragon, or should I say, Monkey D. Dragon

Monkey D. Garp

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7223/146090hj6.jpg

Hows that for a twist?

Last edited:

Kecleon Freak

Legendary Pirate
Can't say I wasn't shocked, but that was actually my theory from a while back. But now what about Ace? If Garp and Dragon both are Monkeys, where does Portgas come from? This solves one mystery and opens up one more...

Also, there is the possibility that this next arc will be the last, if not one of the last, in One Piece. Skypeia was said to be the halfway point, and if this arc lasts as long as Water 7/Enies Lobby, it should get close to the ending point.

Rex Kamex

[SPOIL]Oh snap.

You know, I don't know whether I'm more excited that Luffy's father is revealed or that we finally know who Dragon is.

Do you think Oda was planning this all this time, or do you think this was all added in the story.[/SPOIL]

Judai-and-sho said:
Hows that for a twist?

Twist? It's a freakin' pretzel, for crying out loud!

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Really wish Oda diidnt make Dragon the father, but i'll get over it. Very off the chart though. It's like saying, oh yea I'm gonna die soon. Wait, thats Naruto stuff.

What's so bad about Dragon? From what we've seen and heard so far, he is awesome.

Also,

Helpommo uses a 2-machete style, and Coby shaves.

And Oda's most likely planned this all from the beginning.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
What's so bad about Dragon? From what we've seen and heard so far, he is awesome.

Also,

Helpommo uses a 2-machete style, and Coby shaves.

And Oda's most likely planned this all from the beginning.

Read a theory where Coby shaving could be soru. That would be crazy if it was, especially if Coby did that. Also, about Dragon, who knows about him. He only appeared live once, and he was pretty cool. He seemed like a revolutionary, but Luffy's father? Sort of out there. Wonder if Luffy knows his father...

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.
Now that's one big twist. This makes me want to read the latest chapter even more.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
I hope something happens to make Franky weaker, cause he seems a little too strong to be a straw hat as he is now. The other straw hats are strong, but can always grow. How exactly can Franky grow? He seems to be pretty strong right now as it is.

Cola balances it all out. Unless of course he develops a more efficient Cola engine. Plus Franky can upgrade which puts him at a stream of potential for the future, Luffy is still ridiculously strong though and he will continue to be.

I dunno, if I built a dream PC, I'd probably want to see how it holds up. If I designed a dream house, it wouldn't be so I can give to someone else to admire. Come on Franky...Come awwwwwn!

Also, I seem to notice that Dragon kinda looks Shandian in a way.

Things seem to be coming together.

Huh, come to think of it Gol D. Roger was in Skypiea. I'm not going to read anymore into that. Speculation is a beast that some fans can't tame.

All I can say is...SURPRISE from Oda. Like I said, if a chapter of Naruto is a snack then a chapter of One Piece is a full-course meal: the man writes every chapter like it's the last instead of making us anticipate the next in terms of focus.

One begins to wonder how many years passed in One Piece's time. Because Coby looks like he went through more than a workout, puberty had to kick in somewhere. If so must have been 1 or 2 years. That would also mean Oda should update the ages

I know I'm a specifications freak, but I'd like to see Coby's Douriki. Garp seems to be giving CP9 the middle finger for what he did with Coby and Helmeppo.