• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Whitebeard would probably compare Luffy to Roger like anyone else. But yeah, Ace would be most important.

And Luffy will give Whitebeard a funny nickname.

buttbug

Zephyr Trainer
I wonder if the crew will get their bounties raised again, since they beat another major villian. Poor Chopper needs a respectable bounty.

I don't think so. Someone (I think it was Kuma) was told to keep all the events on Thriller Bark a secret. Also, with Brook in the crew, the Straw Hats have a total bounty of exactly 700 million (and 50) Berry.

I don't think this round number will change for a while (Especially if they go to Fishman Island first, which probably will be out of sight of the World Government like Skypiea was).

Then again, this is One Piece we're talking about so no1 knows for sure :p

bobjr

Staff member
I predict Mikazuki-ossan (Old man Crescent), he is the type to point out someone's features. Whitebeard's 'stache would be just the thing Luffy would notice.

I like that nickname, considering Luffy probably won't know who Whitebeard is.

Rex Kamex

S-book.com says that One Piece 49 will have 232 pages. Since that's how many 48 had, it's safe to say that this volume will also have 11 chapters. I'm glad that these volumes are getting more chapters, even though we have to wait three months instead of two for each volume. The 50th one is coming in June.

And speaking of the 50th one... I honestly wouldn't mind if that volume looked like one of these two (from s-book), since Luffy has eight crewmates now...

[img139]http://sbookg.s-book.com/shueisha/4088515005.jpg[/img139][img139]http://sbookg.s-book.com/shueisha/4088726316.jpg[/img139]

I know it's not the most original thing, but... Brook or Luffy could be in the middle...

HK

Radiance of Shadows
And speaking of the 50th one... I honestly wouldn't mind if that volume looked like one of these two (from s-book), since Luffy has eight crewmates now...

I don't think Oda would miss the chance for a homage.

Gentleman Skeleton

Ladies and gentlemen...
[img139]http://www1.picfront.org/picture/n9eWPJWY/img/98870_uyuwxy8i_3_122_452lo.jpg[/img139]
I think we have crew member #10

Megchan

God IS in Control
I'm glad we get to see Camie again. :3 She seemed like a cool character from the cover stories. I wonder if this means we'll see Hatchi again. ='.'=

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
Well...they DO need another girl in the group.

That's surprising, a character that's SORT of new but not.

Reintroductions, yay!

Gentleman Skeleton

I'm glad we get to see Camie again. :3 She seemed like a cool character from the cover stories. I wonder if this means we'll see Hatchi again. ='.'=

Well, it's a welcome surprise in a manga that prides itself in welcome surprises. By the looks of things, she's some sort of designer. So, ha! If she joins, I was right about the tenth being an artist!

Last edited:

Anzua2

Ladies and gentlemen...
[img139]http://www1.picfront.org/picture/n9eWPJWY/img/98870_uyuwxy8i_3_122_452lo.jpg[/img139]
I think we have crew member #10

Oda finally regained his ability to pace story arcs. It took a few years, yes, but it finally happened.

If she joins, I was right about the tenth being an artist!

Ninth. Also, she seems very...familiar. Haven't we seen a character who would have made a good female crewmember that had an animal companion before?

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Her cup size will increase before the end of the Fishmen arc. You can bet on that.

So uh guys does this mean I can actually take a break now or should I read one more chapter?

Rave

Banned
Her cup size will increase before the end of the Fishmen arc. You can bet on that.

So uh guys does this mean I can actually take a break now or should I read one more chapter?

The question is, can you hold off on reading another chapter?

HK

Radiance of Shadows
The question is, can you hold off on reading another chapter?

If the Ace situation doesn't make headway in the next chapter, then yes.

If the next chapter is the genuine start of the next arc, then yes.

But mermaids are rather tempting...

Rave

Banned
If the Ace situation doesn't make headway in the next chapter, then yes.

If the next chapter is the genuine start of the next arc, then yes.

But mermaids are rather tempting...

Oda usually tends to have something pretty tempting in each chapter. This is kinda why its hard for me to miss a chapter.

But if you decide to resist, good luck to you.

bobjr

Staff member
Oda usually tends to have something pretty tempting in each chapter. This is kinda why its hard for me to miss a chapter.

But if you decide to resist, good luck to you.

Watch Luffy and Blackbeard meet again.

Rave

Banned
Watch Luffy and Blackbeard meet again.

But what motive does Blackbeard have with Luffy now?

Now that he finally has his position as Shichibukai.

bobjr

Staff member
But what motive does Blackbeard have with Luffy now?

Now that he finally has his position as Shichibukai.

I would imagine Luffy going after Blackbeard, pending him finding out about the fight.

And I've been hearing a lot of weird speculation lately. Jimbei joining the crew anyone?