• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This week's chapter was pretty good. Seems like Doflamingo knows a big secret of the Celestial Dragons and Mariejois, and the Ope Ope no Mi is apparently highly desired. Corazon looked cool in Law's flashback as well.

Crystal_Knight

Dragon Tamer
Really i haven't watched the episode yet but for SABO i will do it.

Anime1.com has weekly episode updates for One Piece (along with other anime shows) every Saturday if you want to try there.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Finally starting to get back into watch it on a semi regular basis. One Piece is one of those few series where I absolutely love it, yet when there are parts that I don't like or I just simply don't care about and they tend to go on for a while, I'll just stop keeping up with it and just look to recaps for info. I didn't do it too much before the time skip yet now I find myself doing it alot. I started watching the Fishman Island Arc, lost interest in the story then just waited until Punk Hazard. Started watching the Punk Hazard Arc, lost interest then waited until Dressrosa. Now I've picked up on Dressrosa so I hope I can still be interested all the way through and not just just stop caring half way through.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What's with so many characters having backstories where everyone they knew dies at some point?
Law's past is f***ed up, that's not a surprise... But personally I think the dark past's kinda need to stop.
It's not that I'm not interested, I am. The backstory ain't bad, I just don't like reused concepts.

Lorde

It was nice to see the Donquixote Pirates in their younger days, but I wasn't all-that interested in Law's past; I don't care for sob stories tbh. Looks like Corazon was stabbed.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If the World Government really does give Usopp a 500.000.000 bounty I might die of laughter.
Poor soul's barely worth the 30.000.000 he already has. And he didn't fight a single CP-9 member to start with.

Lorde

Law's full name being revealed in last week's chapter seems like a big deal on manga forums that I've seen, but the Donquixote Pirates were a lot more interesting in my opinion. Baby 5 was adorable and I thought Doflamingo's past was sad; I actually felt bad for him despite his wickedness now.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I still don't feel bad for him, like I said (before the downtime happened) he and any other Celestial Dragons had that coming, when you treat people like sh** and make them slaves for your amusement what do you think will happen when you lose your status?

Personally I think the Celestial Dragons are way powerful and either need to be stripped of power or removed completely.

While the incident may excuse his personality now, that doesn't mean I have to pity the guy.

Lorde

So Vergo was the previous Corazon. Interesting. I liked that Law and Rocinante bonded while they searched for a cure for Law's amber lead sickness. I wasn't impressed by Rocinante's DF though.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I for one am actually really enjoying this backstory into Corazon's life, and liked the reveal that he's a marine commander.

Also, since I'm new to the thread, is speculation aloud or is that a strict no?

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Also, since I'm new to the thread, is speculation aloud or is that a strict no?
You can speculate, it's just people don't really post a lot here, hence the emptiness.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So Vergo was the previous Corazon. Interesting. I liked that Law and Rocinante bonded while they searched for a cure for Law's amber lead sickness. I wasn't impressed by Rocinante's DF though.

I was interested in what Rocinante has been doing in the past.. I mean, DD and DR are hung above the fire, but they manage to get away, if we are to believe DD, then he killed his father himself. What happened afterwards? Did DR go with DD? At one point, they must've split up, in order for DR to become a Marine Commander/Spy. But then he came back to DD. But why did DD accept him at that point?

Also, when you take away sound, doesn't that create immense dizziness? That could be incredibly effective as a supportive move. It also reminds me of Law's Room, which may be where he got it from..

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I was interested in what Rocinante has been doing in the past.. I mean, DD and DR are hung above the fire, but they manage to get away, if we are to believe DD, then he killed his father himself. What happened afterwards? Did DR go with DD? At one point, they must've split up, in order for DR to become a Marine Commander/Spy. But then he came back to DD. But why did DD accept him at that point?

Also, when you take away sound, doesn't that create immense dizziness? That could be incredibly effective as a supportive move. It also reminds me of Law's Room, which may be where he got it from..

I don't think taking away sound would create dizziness. I think his fruit works more like muting a television. Or maybe more like turning a mic off on skype. They can't hear you and you can't hear them. Probably useful for sneaking up on someone in a fight though.

Exodd

After Doflamingo mentioned the Ope Ope fruit's suicidal ability and that Law had to do with Corazon's death, I expected Corazon had the fruit before and used that to save Law's life. I also thought that's what Corazon was using to mute his voice at first, since he made that "Room"-like bubble.
Rocinante's personality was surprising. Too bad he didn't succeed in getting all the kids out of Doflamingo's crew.
Dellinger must have been a strong toddler to be lifting cannonballs. Also, Sugar's absence from Doflamingo's crew at that time explains why Law didn't recognize her at Dressrosa.

Shiny pokemon lower

For me it looks Doflamingo raises childs to become evil from the birth when I se Dellinger as a small child. I Wonder why Sugar has not shown up in the flashback yet. She is actually older than Dellinger after what I know? I Guess Machvice's change of weight has With his devil fruit to do. I don't know about the art woman, (don't remember her name) but that probably the same case if it is not just overweight after eating a lot of food in her latest years.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
For me it looks Doflamingo raises childs to become evil from the birth when I se Dellinger as a small child. I Wonder why Sugar has not shown up in the flashback yet. She is actually older than Dellinger after what I know? I Guess Machvice's change of weight has With his devil fruit to do. I don't know about the art woman, (don't remember her name) but that probably the same case if it is not just overweight after eating a lot of food in her latest years.

Sugar was not apart of Doflamingo's crew during the flashback.

Hence why Law didn't try and avoid her In the present day.

Lorde

I think Machvise, Senor Pink and Jora simply got fat due to aging and the fact that they were probably rarely opposed by other pirates ever since Doflamingo got his Shichibukai title imo. They've probably grown complacent and not used to much action.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Ah so 765 came out earlier today. I think we're looking at one more issue of Law / Corazon backstory before we go back to the present fight. I'm also kind of excited to see the younger Donquixote Family in action next week.

Lorde

Seeing Corazon steal the Ope Ope no Mi was funny. I'm glad that the flashback has fleshed out Law's past; at least he's no longer an enigma.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
So with the flashbacks to Law's past seemingly wrapping up next week, and the imminent wrapping up of the Dressrosa arc after that, where do y'all think One Piece is heading next? I had thought that the Kaido arc was going to be up, but now I'm thinking there's going to be another, shorter arc between the two.