• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The problem with a mink fight is that it doesn't do anything for the story in the long run, all it's doing is adding more conflict to the already clusterf*** of a a set-up we already have coming.

•Tea Party/Sanji/Big Mom
• Beast Pirates
• Possible crew split up

And now you wanna throw in a fight just to hit the fan? Nah man. Obviously the very presence of a samurai isn't going to go well and there's definitely going at least be some verbal insults being thrown around but what does this do?

The only thing I want from these 2 is more on Raizo and what he did to piss of Kaido so much, or rather what he is to him. The minks aren't even in a condition to fight right now, hopefully someone will have enough sense to talk things out so we don't spend a whole chapter or 2 with meaningless fighting.

I don't even get why they hate samurai, it should be just be Razio. The samurai as a whole did nothing to you, Raizo did. Raizo sure as hell had no business being there, but he couldn't have been sent there.

But who am I kidding? This is Oda, he loves doing this s*** lmao.

Cutty

Forever now
The Zou arc if it were short would probly take like 1-3 chapter for the samurai to clear things up. The Minks seem to have some common sense left to be good listeners plus the SH know the samurai. Plus the two dukes were badly injured.
Unless if Jack decided to return or Kaidou himself.
Oh of course there's always flashbacks that come w/ the samurai... duh.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Team wedding crashers

• Luffy
• Nami (she owns Sanji for Thriller Bark)
• Brook (he needs the sceentime)
• Carrot (she seems interested in the idea)

Team Jack/Beast Pirates

• Zoro (he's the one who's really trying to focus on Kaido's crew, most specifically Jack).
• Usopp (he's to damn scared to walk right into a Yonko's territory).
• Franky/Robin (back up)
• Chopper (the minks still need him and Kaido's crew being Zoan oriented is perfect training for him.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I kind of wish the strawhats would stick together and not split up again, but I guess focusing on them all at once would be hard for Oda to do.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
I kind of wish the strawhats would stick together and not split up again, but I guess focusing on them all at once would be hard for Oda to do.

And it has been hard. Just look at Brook, hasn't done s*** since Thriller Bark. And don't even get me freaking started on Chopper.

Captain America X

The Zou arc if it were short would probly take like 1-3 chapter for the samurai to clear things up. The Minks seem to have some common sense left to be good listeners plus the SH know the samurai. Plus the two dukes were badly injured.
Unless if Jack decided to return or Kaidou himself.
Oh of course there's always flashbacks that come w/ the samurai... duh.

Nekomamushi should be asleep by now since it is Inuarashi's turn to take guard of Zou.He seems to be the more peaceful and logical of the two so I'm assuming whatever conflict there will be be short.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Adding to this, I don't get why people are so bothered that the arc is seemingly ending now? Sure, action-wise not a lot has happened, but story-wise A LOT has happened. We've had the past/origins of several characters built upon, including Sanji's. This arc's been straight to the point, and that's been a much bigger breath of fresh air than the pace of Dressrosa.

Dressrosa was a fantastic arc, but I think Oda was having WAY too much fun with it and dragged it out longer than it should have been. The Zou arc is obviously an interlude for the upcoming Sanji/Vinsmoke arc, which I have no problem with. It's refreshing to not have story elementts dragged out over as many chapters as possible for once.

I agree with the top paragraph. This arc has been straight to the point, but didn't blurt out everything at once (with regards to Sanji or the Samurai), to at least keep some sort of tension while we see the entire group interact again, well.. Except Sanji. I don't need much action, but I need the set-up for the rest of the upcoming arc and it needs to be done just as well as the previous few chapters. By which I mean taking care of explaining the reason behind the Samurai's plight, which they were going to state when they were travelling up the leg of Zunisha, but Oda obviously left untold for dramatic purposes we'll find out in 1-3 chapters. If there's a clash, I'm pretty sure that another figure is going to show up as a surprise to show how the Samurai are on the SH's side willing to fight for the Minks. And with that, I'm willing to bet that the most likely candidate is Weeble Jr. He was introduced and going after Luffy for a reason and I don't think it is to show up at Big Mom at the same time.

As for the lower paragraph, I agree that Dressrosa was fantastic, but I doubt Oda had too much fun with it. It seemed like a weird knot he had to untangle to get to the end (what do the other characters do while Luffy is in the Collosseum, which backstory to tell when and do I in liniear storytelling or parallel, etc), and by the time he did, he had spent way too much time. Clear case and point is in Luffy and Doffy's fight: "Twenty minutes later". You simply don't do that in the end of the big main fight unless you realized you've took too long.

The problem with a mink fight is that it doesn't do anything for the story in the long run, all it's doing is adding more conflict to the already clusterf*** of a a set-up we already have coming.

•Tea Party/Sanji/Big Mom
• Beast Pirates
• Possible crew split up

And now you wanna throw in a fight just to hit the fan? Nah man. Obviously the very presence of a samurai isn't going to go well and there's definitely going at least be some verbal insults being thrown around, but what does this do?

The only thing I want from these 2 is more on Raizo and what he did to piss of Kaido so much, or rather what he is to him. The minks aren't even in a condition to fight right now, hopefully someone will have enough sense to talk things out so we don't spend a whole chapter or 2 with meaningless fighting.

I don't even get why they hate samurai, it should be just be Razio. The samurai as a whole did nothing to you, Raizo did. Raizo sure as hell had no business being there, but he couldn't have been sent there.

But who am I kidding? This is Oda, he loves doing this s*** lmao.

That's the last stage before the end of this arc, as when Oda toys with telling at the beginning, he'll tell at the end. I'm banking on Weeble Jr. to show up when tension gets high when the Samurai head into town. Samurai fight with Luffy against Weeble Jr. and the Minks see this and therefore remain on the SH-side eventhough they brought samurai into the country. That makes sense, as Weeble Jr. is heading to Luffy, and it wouldn't make sense for him to enter the story when Luffy is at BM or Kaidou as that is unnecessary clutter, but here it could be the low level endgame opponent that will end up tagteaming with Buggy or something (both are Shichibukai).

The Minks aren't in a condition to fight, but have you noticed how Nekomamushi simply refuses to rest? He's a selfdestruct-fighter. He'll fight till he isn't able no more. Though he may have fallen asleep due to bloodloss.. xD

And it has been hard. Just look at Brook, hasn't done s*** since Thriller Bark. And don't even get me freaking started on Chopper.

Nah, he has done quite a bit post-TS. Specifically in Punk Hazard when he was up and about with Zoro and Kinemon. Nothing major, sure, but I liked how he seemingly has developed his Devil Fruit in great strides. Probably the biggest development in terms of DF-usage we've seen in the crew, outside of perhaps Gear 4th.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Nah, he has done quite a bit post-TS. Specifically in Punk Hazard when he was up and about with Zoro and Kinemon. Nothing major, sure, but I liked how he seemingly has developed his Devil Fruit in great strides. Probably the biggest development in terms of DF-usage we've seen in the crew, outside of perhaps Gear 4th.

Brook's DF is my favourite from the strawhat crew, but I think he should do more, same with Nami who still seems weak to me even post-timeskip. ^^;

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ladies and gentleman this is what you call friendship. These are some of the loyal people I've ever seen, very heartwarming and unexpected.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
The minks are real f****** champs for that, no really! To risk your entire civilization and lying to one of the top dogs from a Yonko's crew for the sake of not ratting out your friend is serious loyalty. Nothing but respect.

At least we now know Raizou isn't a complete jerk.

Cutty

Forever now
Well, animals are known to be more royal.

This isn't the first time we are served with epic sacrifice story from Oda. It's still unexpected though.

Now, we'll see if Raizou's story develops towards Kaidou more, and if we are to get a split arch next.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think it was a cool twist how the minks knew that Raizou was on Zou after all and put their own lives at risk to protect his whereabouts. :D

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well, animals are known to be more royal.

This isn't the first time we are served with epic sacrifice story from Oda. It's still unexpected though.

Now, we'll see if Raizou's story develops towards Kaidou more, and if we are to get a split arch next.

Next chapter should be amazing. Oda's teased the story of the Samurai for so long now, so I really want to know. It will be the deciding factor for where the story goes next I feel.

I still have a hunch that Weeble Jr. is going to show up at Zou for no good reason, but who knows. Maybe he'll enter the main narrative later.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Raizou- awesome character, dumb but likeable design.

Momo really is a lord, but that's been theorized for a long time so I'm not shocked it's true. He's still a little s*** lol.

uber gon

Accept Change
To be fair, the stereotypical ninja gear were not used by actual ninjas. Kind of weird seeing Law get in on the Starw Hats' shenanigans, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmm Raizou wasn't what I had expected but I liked how Momonosuke is the son of a daimyo and not Kinemon's son. O and Jack's still alive which was expected. ^^;