• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The new opening theme is great, that Su long and Snakeman tease was all I needed.

Although it is a bit lazy, a lot of reused animation.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I want to go back to 1:50 openings, please.

I'm tired of obvious padding (remember when Chopper fought Big Mom and they were clearly even? 'Cause I don't!) and all the Strawhats being focused on even when half of the crew is on another island. Do they think people will assume Luffy kicked them out of the crew or something? I get it, marketing, but it's really unnecessary.

Lucky3

I want to go back to 1:50 openings, please.

I'm tired of obvious padding (remember when Chopper fought Big Mom and they were clearly even? 'Cause I don't!) and all the Strawhats being focused on even when half of the crew is on another island. Do they think people will assume Luffy kicked them out of the crew or something? I get it, marketing, but it's really unnecessary.
I think those particular scenes would still be there in a shorter opening. Chopper vs Big Mom is part of the Sunny team showcasing their powers, which is a must of every shonen opening ever, and Zoro team has to be there cause they're still main characters (They're not even that much in this one. They've cut down a lot of random SH shenanigans this time.) It would be some of Luffy vs Katakuri and the Germa that could be more easily removed, and increase the pace for all those still shots.

Honestly, the first few shorter openings are some of the most forgettable to me.

I like that they decided to completely focus on the arc we're in for once, but it's gonna be awkward if they don't change it for Reverie and Wano.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
The opening is absolutely a mixed bag, the song's hook is good but everything else is forgettable and a snoozefest. Reusing Germa's animation is classic cutting Toei. WTF was with Chopper V Big Mom? I don't even remember that being a thing lmao.

Thankfully the Luffy V Kata fight has been phenomenally handled for the most part at least. There's definitely been some bad shots, but they are so far in between I barely care.

diakyu

Chapter is out, Shutenmaru has to be Asura right? The ruffian from the flashback last chapter?

lolipiece

Staff member
I get it fits with the whole feudal Japan theme, but I feel someone with Kaido's build would fit the Western-style dragon mold, you know?

Oh well, this doesn't look like a Smile (then again, Momonosuke turned into a full dragon with his), so there's still his half-human half-beast form.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Shutenmaru certainly surprised me in the small fight against Jack. Kaido became Shenlong. I think the Chinese Dragon form perfectly fits him .

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Cue the nonstop Shenron jokes for the next week, but that is a majestic looking bastard.

Shutenmaru is mad hype too.

diakyu

Also Jack can't catch a break, poor guy is destined to look like a scrub.

uber gon

Accept Change
So when does Fourth Gear Luffy breakout his Multi-Armed Finisher from Jump Force on Kaidou?

lolipiece

Staff member
So, who do you think the new protagonist is gonna be? Because Luffy just signed his death warrant.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So, who do you think the new protagonist is gonna be? Because Luffy just signed his death warrant.

Well Zoro would be my first guess maybe Usopp for my third choice.

But seriously I'm assuming after Kaido beats both Luffy and Law into the ground he'll lock them up where they'll have reunion with their old pal Kid.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Zoro for main protagonist please.

Anyway, I'm also expecting to see Luffy and Law ending up in a cage with Kid now. Maybe, the alliance will become bigger if the Kid Pirates join them as well. We haven't seen Killer in a while too.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
And thus ends tale of 5th emperor sama, that one and a half billion on his head is giving him bad thoughts. Poor kid's biting off more than he can chew.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What a tragic end to fake news 5th emperor sama. And look how much of a fool people made of themselves when they believed G4 was top tier lmao. We knew this was bull when Big Mom low diffed a Kong Gun, but people just wouldn't let up. Awakening and G5 are for sure happening now.

diakyu

Whew, Luffy couldn't even survive one hit at full health... Not sure Awakening and Gear 5 would be enough honestly.

lolipiece

Staff member
Well, you tried, Luffy, and that's what really mattered.

Oh no, not Tama. She's totally, 100%, irreversibly, dead.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
After reading this I remembered the opening where Kaido and Gear 4 Luffy evenly clashed. This really made me laugh. Kaido didn't even try.