• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if the ramen commercials will ever be acknowledged in the series?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Sabo is obviously not dead, but I'm shocked the warlords weren't cut immediately after Dressrosa.

Now I'm interested.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Sabo is obviously not dead, but I'm shocked the warlords weren't cut immediately after Dressrosa.

Now I'm interested.
Why would the warlords be cut by the government? Doflamingo's problem was being a Celestial Dragon that they couldn't actually do anything about. They had no problem throwing Crocodile into Impel Down.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Didn't Fujitora speak at Reverie as well alongside Kings Cobra and Riku's testimonies? He was one of the admirals advocating for the abolishing of the warlord system, after all. I also feel like Luffy becoming the fifth Emperor is what helped throw the system "off balance", so to "balance" it out, they had to cut out that which was, frankly, a revolving door system of replacements. They had, what, three-or-so Warlords having to get replaced in such a short amount of time before the time skip? That was making the Marines and World Government edgy, and the Summit War happened in which Blackbeard threw a wrench into everything. And when Doflamingo went to Impel Down, they hadn't found a replacement for him before they decided to get rid of the system.

I think Mihawk's reaction to being "relieved of boredom", Doflamingo laughing in his cell, and Boa Hancock's words on her throne says a lot about their feelings toward the Warlord system. They aren't particularly worried that they're "wanted" again, unlike the newbies Buggy and Weevil, because they had a good reason for being Warlords in the first place. So shit's going down for sure, but it's feeling much more one-sided than we're being led to believe.

Cutty

Forever now
Do people actually still remember who Sabo is after all this long lol
not so important

TheWanderingMist

Do people actually still remember who Sabo is after all this long lol
not so important
He was at the Reverie. Feels like between then and now is a shorter gap than between his first appearance and resurfacing at Dressrosa.

srebak

Beginning Trainer
1. Just a quick hypothetical question; what do you think would happen if, for whatever reason, Luffy adopts O-tama as his daughter, hypothetically?

2. What were the One Piece battles in which Luffy received very severe injuries, endured a very brutal battering and/or was so close to death?

TheWanderingMist

1. Just a quick hypothetical question; what do you think would happen if, for whatever reason, Luffy adopts O-tama as his daughter, hypothetically?

2. What were the One Piece battles in which Luffy received very severe injuries, endured a very brutal battering and/or was so close to death?
1. Child dies of starvation because Luffy doesn't share food.

2. Vs. Aokiji and in Impel Down are the closest to death he's gotten that I can recall from the top of my head. I guess Arlong too since he had to be rescued midfight from being underwater. He was in danger of being captured and executed in other fights, but I think those are the only fights he may have died just by fighting.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Obviously the Oden flashback is severely important and will the core for all the weight and emotion for the war, but we did not need a whole ass chapter about a dumb pig lmao.

If anything Kinemon was the highlight here.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The ending of this chapter got me thinking the events going on with present-day Wano is definitely personal for Kin'emon, so I'm expecting him to have his climatic battle with Orochi. What a slimy snake, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

TheWanderingMist

The ending of this chapter got me thinking the events going on with present-day Wano is definitely personal for Kin'emon, so I'm expecting him to have his climatic battle with Orochi. What a slimy snake, I hope he gets what's coming to him.
Well, if we go by what he's named after, he'll end up with his head cut off.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So Granny Orochi basically put a ton of s*** in the kid's head, and that's what would lead to him being the arrogant piece of s*** he is currently.

She also apparently had a encounter with at least Shiki at one point, she's probably former Rocks.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Orochi's fruit lacks the swirls all non-Smile Devil Fruits have.

Did Oda make a mistake...or is it hinting at something?

For reference, Smile's have circles, so it's not one of those, either.

TheWanderingMist

Orochi's fruit lacks the swirls all non-Smile Devil Fruits have.

Did Oda make a mistake...or is it hinting at something?

For reference, Smile's have circles, so it's not one of those, either.
But don't Smile Devil Fruits usually have problems? The Zoan ones at least seem to, given how poorly the animals seem to be fused with the humans. Perhaps it's a mistake, or perhaps it's a perfected Smile Fruit.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Just so nobody's confused tomorrow, there will be no more scanslations from both (you know where websites). And this applies to all WSJ.

And you will have to use the official VIZ media site on Sunday to read the next chapter when it releases officially. It's free too, should probably mention that

EDIT: False alarm, it still came out lol.

Apparently Bege got a increase. 350 mil.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I mean I never enjoyed any of the official translations so it's a shame. Been using MS forever and it just feels weird.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mr. Reloaded said:
Apparently Bege got a increase. 350 mil.

Wasn't his former bounty 300 million? A 50 million belly increase seems a bit small given what took place on Whole Cake Island, although I suppose that his involvement in the Big Mom assassination plot was probably downplayed by Morgans and caused the World Governement to not consider Bege as a bigger threat.