• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Perospero would like to have a word with you. Granted, he's pretty much 50/50 a gag-character by himself as well, but at least he's sort of capable/threatening.

You must have read the spoilers lmao.

I'll give it to him, now everyone else looks substantially worse.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been checking out the Thriller Bark arc again & there's one thing I'm really curious about: Does Chopper still think Nami's a man?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mr.Munchlax said:
I've been checking out the Thriller Bark arc again & there's one thing I'm really curious about: Does Chopper still think Nami's a man?

I don't think so, or at least I can't remember any instances after Thriller Bark where Chopper makes a reference to that.

On a related note, thinking about Thriller Bark makes me a bit sad since the pre-timeskip arcs were some of my favorites out of the whole series: I haven't liked any of the post-timeskip arcs as much, with the exception of the Zou arc. That arc was extremely short, which might explain why I liked it since Oda got right to the point and didn't drag it out for two years or more like he does with every other New World arc.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Hilarious how we got a new opening when the previous one spoiled the Yasue execution and the anime still hasn't got to it.

Makes me a little worried for this new opening. We're not even at the Yasue execution but they heavily showed bits from the later part of the Oden flashback. That's almost/ a year away lmao, are we going to be stuck with this opening for that long? Or did Toei just get way ahead of itself again.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Volume 97 cover, but obviously unfinished.

Making of.
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1297732470775808001

Looks as if for a moment he considered putting the scabbards on their (you can see Kin, Ashura and Denjirou's outlines starting from the 10sec mark).

I'm loving the current few chapters. Yamato is a fresh take on one of Oda's overplayed tropes (daughters of kings).

I used to post on OneManga Forums a lot, but that place has just gone to hell. There's no real point in posting there anymore when after 6 posts entire chapter-threads get derailed with page long essays about BB, Akainu and Bonney when they haven't been relevant to the story for years now - only because someone mentioned that we probably have overrated the Yonkou's, because in character - the people there started to bash BM again.

I get it. BM is getting knocked around a bit, but outside of top level characters (other Yonkou/Admiral-level), nobody can hope to take on BM by themselves. She's a threat. And yes, she might get blindsided by Brook and Franky barging in like a pair of bosses on a motorcycle, but that doesn't mean that she can't whip anybody in a fair fight.

Though I do find it hilariously convenient that Brook is to BM as Luffy was to Enel. :p

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...Man.

It just dawned on me that the volumes are hitting the triple digits next year.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
...Man.

It just dawned on me that the volumes are hitting the triple digits next year.
It pains me to think how much more money I'd have if I hadn't bought the whole series (over time, not all at once).

Locormus

Chapter 989 is up!

The chapter is a bit all over the place, but the end result is worth it.

Several forums are yet again bashing BigMom for supposedly being weak, but this time - I'm just supporting bestgirl being a boss *coughNICOcough* and am sure Oda will pay off BM eventually.

It pains me to think how much more money I'd have if I hadn't bought the whole series (over time, not all at once).

You can get the boxsets (1 to 3, volumes 1-70) for €322'75 on my country's equivalent of Amazon. Considering that that website also has Volume 94 up for €10'99, that would at least give you a saving by €447'25 if you were to buy them all separately for that single price (€770). Then again, you'd still need the 24 remaining volumes available and that would be €264'-.

So I'm ending up at a total of €586'75

But if you always bought them separately, well.. Then that would obviously reach a higher pricepoint just above €1000'-. But then again, imagine how much money you would save if you reduce your showertime each day by 3 minutes? Just a thought.

Locormus

Straw Hats beta sketch.

I've known about the top one for years. And Jinbe's been confirmed since FI as well, so that's also been a good 5+ years to him being included in the first group shot in the opening page.

What's interesting in the top page is the two characters on the left - but also the fact that Robin and Franky aren't included. The redesigns on Chopper, Usopp, Brook and Jinbe aren't as important (smoking Chopper though, what was he thinking..).

The scan raises the question: Is Oda committed to either a. Having a 10 SH-crew (and did he replace the left two characters for R&F), or b. is Oda committed to these 10 characters and we've got eye-patch/bandana-guy and sad chaozu still left to join?

Obviously, there's a bit of speculation on Drake joining. Drake's surname is actually Diez, which is the same way you pronounce 10 in French (stylized to X to avoid a comparison to his marine-turned-pirate father). Now I'll present you the SH's, adding the numbers in order of which they were to join.

Luffy
1st: Zoro
2nd: Nami
3rd: Usopp
4th: Sanji
5th: Chopper
6th: Robin
7th: Franky
8th: Brook
9th: Jinbe

Now in the scan, look at the sword the tall guy is using and the type of sword Drake uses. And notice the eye-patch which isn't really an eye-patch - and hey, it matches Drake's!

But you do have to wonder if he'll let the crew have two Zoans and leave it without a Logia. There's also that one rumor (iirc) that a former marine would join. That would sort of fit, but he's also still part of Sword it seems like. In any case, it could be fun if he seems to join, but does a heel-turn and he's the one to betray the SH's. :p

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So Oda clarified in the new SBS that it's 5 years for the One Piece to be found, which covers the juice of the story.

So the final war could go as long as who knows. It could go the same length Naruto's did, it could go longer.

Tobi Roppo info:

Sasaki: 34 years old
318cm
Asparagus

Black Maria: 29 years old
820cm
Mitarashi Dandan

Who's Who: 38 years old
336cm
Crab Paella

X Drake: 33 years old
233cm
Chicken Rice

Page One: 20 years old
171cm
Nacho

Ulti: 22 years old
173cm
Twisted Potatoes

Last edited:

Locormus

So Oda clarified in the new SBS that it's 5 years for the One Piece to be found, which covers the juice of the story.

So the final war could go as long as who knows. It could go the same length Naruto's did, it could go longer.

Tobi Roppo info:

Sasaki: 34 years old, 318cm
Asparagus

Black Maria: 29 years old, 820cm
Mitarashi Dandan

Who's Who: 38 years old, 336cm
Crab Paella

X Drake: 33 years old, 233cm
Chicken Rice

Page One: 20 years old, 171cm
Nacho

Ulti: 22 years old, 173cm
Twisted Potatoes

Didn't Oda say that 3 years ago as well? This is honestly like Game of Thrones (the books, technically a Song of Fire and Ice) where the last TWO books still need to come out..

So, Ulti actually is older and taller then Page One. That's interesting. Luffy is younger then both, so there goes my Luffy/Ulti-theory.

How the heck are Sasaki and Who'sWho that tall? Especially Who'sWho compared to Drake. It makes no sense that Drake is supposedly 2/3rds of Who'sWho when we have seen them in the same scene and it doesn't match up at all.

Black Maria is a lot younger then I expected - honestly, storywise I was thinking more 39, early 40's (sorry girl) since she looks quite matriarchal. I also thought that Sasaki was late 30's and Who'sWho would be early 30's.

No comments on the food. :p

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
To our readers.

Thank you for reading ONE PIECE.

ONE PIECE will be on break in this issue due to the author's sudden illness.

We are very sorry to all the readers who are looking forward to it.

Although ONE PIECE is mentioned in this memo, it not published in this issue, the correction was not in time due to the printing process. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The continuation is scheduled to resume with an opening color page from WSJ#46 (to be released on October 17).

We look forward to your continued support of ONE PIECE.

Shonen Jump Editorial Department.
cjXZQkxE_o.jpg

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Didn't Oda say that 3 years ago as well? This is honestly like Game of Thrones (the books, technically a Song of Fire and Ice) where the last TWO books still need to come out..

So, Ulti actually is older and taller then Page One. That's interesting. Luffy is younger then both, so there goes my Luffy/Ulti-theory.

How the heck are Sasaki and Who'sWho that tall? Especially Who'sWho compared to Drake. It makes no sense that Drake is supposedly 2/3rds of Who'sWho when we have seen them in the same scene and it doesn't match up at all.

Black Maria is a lot younger then I expected - honestly, storywise I was thinking more 39, early 40's (sorry girl) since she looks quite matriarchal. I also thought that Sasaki was late 30's and Who'sWho would be early 30's.

No comments on the food. :p
Possible he meant 5 in-story years.
He said it was halfway done in like 2010 or so, which was thirteen years after it started, so if he really did mean in 2025 then he was close to right on the money.

Locormus

To our readers.

Thank you for reading ONE PIECE.
ONE PIECE will be on break in this issue due to the author's sudden illness.
We are very sorry to all the readers who are looking forward to it.
We look forward to your continued support of ONE PIECE.

Shonen Jump Editorial Department.

Okay, I've known about this post for a while now. But looking at my previous post in this thread, I'm really getting GoT/ASoIaF-vibes/fears. I mean, I'm about 95% sure that GoT/ASoIaF is not getting finished based on how long it's taking the penultimate book to come out and the general feeling that the writer (GrrM) isn't into it as much any more - and that he only has a finite amount of years left before he (sadly) will kick the bucket (because age and general life expectancy).

We should all know about the stress Mangaka's go through to manage to put out and deliver each and every week. Oda has been blessed with lots of success and is granted a break every three weeks, but he still has an insane schedule by which he lives - and it's obviously draining the life out of him with frequent illnesses in the last couple of years. I'm not assuming Oda will die of old age anytime soon (especially if he envisions finishing in 240'ish chapters), but I'd be lieing if I do not fear a scenario where he'll be forced to take a semi-permanent leave in order to preserve his health. Leading either to a hiatus, biweekly/monthly release or giving up on drawing and only being the writer/storydirector/advisor in the grand scheme of things.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
RvW-yiOy-xNly6tWGyJeisMweML25pEh8JOyF6L5rDM.png

People were out here really thinking Oda just took multiple breaks for the hell of it.

Locormus

Some peeps just don't know anything.