• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Is it just me, or is Female Luffy literally Pre-TS Nami with black hair and a scar?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Locormus

Locormus

No, spoil me
Zoro uses Ashura, scars Kaidou (who is otherwise unfazed), Kaidou wonders if Zoro has conqueror's Haki, Zoro falls down exhausted.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Luffy and Zoro are pretty much equals at this point. You can't deny it anymore.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I think I prefer Haki being the way to get stronger, rather than Luffy stacking more "Gear #"
Until he gets his Awakening, but even that has to make sense.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Tbh, I’ve wondered if Zoro is going to get conqueror’s haki and tbh, I can definitely see that as a possibility in the not too distant future. This chapter also reminded why I am such a Luffy fan. He is my favorite, he has been since the Summit War saga and he probably always will be. I don’t see anyone ever overtaking him.

Locormus

Luffy and Zoro are pretty much equals at this point. You can't deny it anymore.

Spoken like a true Zoro-stan. :p

No honestly, if one has to believe Law this chapter, then Zoro has broken most of the bones in his body by blocking one (unarguably huge) attack by BM and Kaidou for what was probably less then a second - just so the other guys could be transported to safety. Then he used Ashura (sp), which will leave a scar on Kaidou, but didn't faze him otherwise by any stretch of the imagination. And then he dropped.

Yes, Zoro is up there fighting against both BM and Kaidou (or was, really), but the actual damage done is quite minimal despite him dropping. Yes, per Kaidou's words, he may have CoC, but that doesn't put him on Luffy's level yet. Luffy actually managed to knock Kaidou down and made him need to dodge.

I mean you did see Zoro shitting his pants when Kaidou ran up to him this chapter (while slashing Prometheus), before Law stepped in? Luffy would never have that look.

That being said, I'm a Sanji-fan, but I was never into the 'Zoro/Sanji-who's stronger'-wars. It's pretty clear that Zoro would win that. On the otherside, that doesn't mean that Sanji won't get a big moment sooner then later. Zoro is the full on physical 2nd to Luffy, while Sanji is the weird 'commander' to the rest of the Strawhats, maybe that has changed a little with Jinbe's arrival to the crew, but without Luffy or Zoro, the crew looks to Sanji. The way he has had consistent focus as a 'downstairs' player makes it obvious that he'll have a big fight coming up, perhaps even defending Zoro's broken body from King/Queen/Perospero, until he gets healed by Chopper, Law, Pineapple or the mysterious entity that healed the Scabbards (there's so many medics on Onigashima right now).

xEryChan

Demon Child
I didn’t even realize at first that Zoro has conqueror’s haki. I always assumed he does but my first read through this chapter and I didn’t even realize that.

I’m so pathetic.

Anyways, I’m a Luffy fan. Luffy has been my favorite since the Summit War saga and he still is now. Law has had points where he did come close to overtaking Luffy but hasn’t quite yet. He might end up getting there though.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
E0n39k3XoAIzB7D

E0oIPjjWUAA35YH

Worldwide popularity poll final results.

Top 50 are getting a color spread.

xEryChan

Demon Child
The top five is kind of surprising. I always expected Luffy to keep first place but I never thought Nami would beat both Sanji and Law but I’m not mad either. Nami is great, I personally prefer Robin though. Why Hancock keeps making the top ten is beyond me.

Locormus

Recent chapter was okay. NamixZeus is getting closer and closer. Kidd+Law vs. BM. Some more fights being clearly set-up.

Scabbards:
- Kinemon: Defending Momonosuke
- Kiku: Kanjuuro
- Nekomamushi: Perospero
- Inuarashi: Jack
- Raizou: Fukuforeheadearlobeguy
- Denjirou: Vanished after facing Orochi.
- Izu/Kawamatsu: Livefloor
- Ashura: Presumed dead, probably not.

SH's:
- Luffy: Kaidou
- Franky: Sasaki
- Jinbe: Who'sWho
- Robin/Brook: BlackMaria
- Chopper: Medicine duties
- Nami/Usopp: Ulti/protecting Tama
- Zoro: Incapacitated.
- Sanji: Probably Queen or King at the livefloor.
Allies:
- Marco: King/Queen.
- Carrot/Wanda: Incapacitated by Perospero.
- Yamato: Going to Kaidou to start a flashback.

SN's:
- Killer: Hawkins
- Kid/Law: BM.

The top five is kind of surprising. I always expected Luffy to keep first place but I never thought Nami would beat both Sanji and Law but I’m not mad either. Nami is great, I personally prefer Robin though. Why Hancock keeps making the top ten is beyond me.

Hancock: Shipping. Merchandise. The bodyshape. The backstory. The powerset is actually quite fun to finally see on a 'not villain'.

I prefer Robin as well, but I can understand Nami's appeal.

Carrot is the real winner of the poll though. TopTEN. Beating Yamato by almost 150%! I know there are a lot of haters, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did in fact be the NN (along with Yamato).

Still don't get why Corazon is THAT high though. He only appeared in Law's flashback for goodness sake. That means that Law-stans must've voted him in, which means that about 1 out of 4 Law stans have also voted for Corazon.

No other surprises, just sad for Brook/Franky..

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Kid finally did something!

Hallelujah!

Also
E1WpI2cUYAMqyoD

I know people are probably sick of this meme because it's everywhere right now. But I had to post it lmao.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I honestly don't see a scenario where Straw Hats are victorious here.
None of the crew are strong enough to take on Yonko-level pirates or their crews.

Luffy certainly isn't strong enough, yet.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
n3jqnseo1g071.jpg

Volume 99 cover.

Volumes 99+100+101 are all going to form one big cover.

Locormus

I honestly don't see a scenario where Straw Hats are victorious here.
None of the crew are strong enough to take on Yonko-level pirates or their crews.

Luffy certainly isn't strong enough, yet.

Things we know:
- There's a hidden insta-medic on Onigashima. As evidenced by the beaten Scabbards being able to fight again. Thus, Zoro's broken bones might be remedied quite easily if they find her - and so would Luffy's wounds.

Things we can easily speculate:
- Some characters have yet to reveal their true strengths. Sanji, Franky, Jinbe, Chopper, Brook, Robin. They have by far not been shown to have gone full-out this entire arc. Which leads room to speculate that they have room to grow and match their opponents. Usopp is putting in work, but by far it isn't impressive and BigMom has taken care of 'his' opponent (Page1) for now.
- In Greek-mythology, Zeus survived an attempt at being eaten. Nami's Climatact (or whatever it's called these days) was in Hera's mouth when she was munching on Zeus. I'm assuming that Zeus (or at least a small part of him) will have managed to get away from Hera's chowtime - and this will be Nami's power-up. Again, she's not quite at Ulti's level, but BigMom fixed that for her as well. Give Nami a Zeus-power-up and a rematch will likely go in her favor (shonen-style).
- This chapter, we're getting a flashback in which Caeser is shown to have improved Chopper's Rumble Ball and Chopper will continue to fight Queen. Which is far more then the one-off slap we thought he was getting. So if MonsterChopper gets Queen (which makes sense sizewise, and Nekomamushi is on his way to confront Perospero then that leaves King. Sanji still hasn't had his fight and they both are capable of flying, fire and wear black suits - and Sanji still hasn't tapped into the true potential of his raidsuit. Which leaves Marco (Whitebeards doctor) as a free agent to heal Zoro if they don't find that mysterious healer.