• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Now to see if this week’s ep will have a new OP where we really have OP 24 since I take it the “We Are!” remake is just a episode 1000 exclusive.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I suppose I'll give the unpopular opinion that episode 1,000 was below average. I appreciated the new version of "We Are" as well as the old eye catches returning, but the sheer amount of flashbacks towards the end [and Franky's overly long transformation sequence] felt unnecessary since it slowed the pace down to a crawl. And ironically, instead of giving me a nostalgia rush, those flashbacks of character highlights only served to irritate me.

I've seen people jokingly call the anime "One Page" on social media due to it adapting very few pages of the manga per episode in recent years, but this episode in particular felt especially slow in spite of the 1,000 episodes milestone.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I stopped watched the anime specifically because of the degrade in animation quality and pacing issues over the past decade or. They've fixed the former, but I struggle to muster up a single iota of a crap until this one chapter = one episode nonsense dies in a fire. Sadly, they'll never put the anime on break, and with Oda going on break once a month, I fear it'll never be resolved.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I stopped watched the anime specifically because of the degrade in animation quality and pacing issues over the past decade or. They've fixed the former, but I struggle to muster up a single iota of a crap until this one chapter = one episode nonsense dies in a fire. Sadly, they'll never put the anime on break, and with Oda going on break once a month, I fear it'll never be resolved.
at this point we're only getting back to over a chapter per episode once the manga ends. Currently I think the average is 2/3'rds of a chapter per episode

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I have to agree.

One Piece/Toei gets more and more lazy in animation and the pacing is just bad. Two and a half minute openings plus rewind and preview already takes about 5-6 minutes in time. And the generell manga to anime pacing is also horrific, just reminding you off the Usopp sniper scene in Dress Rosa where it took half of an episode to cover 2-3 pages of the chapter.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Have to say that I agree with the others that the pacing of One Piece as an animé has made me quit the animé-scene entirely. There was a time where I read like seven different manga's on a weekly basis and watched a few animé as well. Now it's just down to reading One Piece.

I remember learning episode titles ahead of time for Naruto and wondering which chapters would be in those episodes (usually two to three chapters). With One Piece, the only question you can really make is whether they reach the end of the chapter they were already converting in the last episode. >.>

*Granted, Naruto did have infamous filler-arcs. But I guess from a business perspective it is better to have infamous pacing issues then viewers dropping out for about a year until 'canon' picks up again..

UiE9PJCX_o.jpeg

Volume 101.

This looks awesome. Wow.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Have to say that I agree with the others that the pacing of One Piece as an animé has made me quit the animé-scene entirely. There was a time where I read like seven different manga's on a weekly basis and watched a few animé as well. Now it's just down to reading One Piece.

I remember learning episode titles ahead of time for Naruto and wondering which chapters would be in those episodes (usually two to three chapters). With One Piece, the only question you can really make is whether they reach the end of the chapter they were already converting in the last episode. >.>

*Granted, Naruto did have infamous filler-arcs. But I guess from a business perspective it is better to have infamous pacing issues then viewers dropping out for about a year until 'canon' picks up again..

This looks awesome. Wow.
Tbh at least with Naruto now that it's done you can just skip the filler. With OP we'd have to rely on either One Pace or an official One Piece Kai edit for that.

UiE9PJCX_o.jpeg

Volume 101.
oh I thought 101 was already out for some reason. This concludes the 3-part volume cover, right?

Locormus

Any thoughts on last weeks chapter by the way? End of ActIII incoming? :p

Looks cool! I like the Vol99 the least. It's colors are just all over the place. 100 is fine and 101 is stellar. :)

Locormus

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
A new OP is rumored to be coming soon for the anime. OP 24 is supposedly done by the band “I Don’t Like Mondays.”

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
FFibhGCXsAIjpFR

SBS 101 is leaking.

Lord Oda Eiichiro, I have read chapter 1024 and is deeply intrigued. Is the person who call himself "so and so" the father of Mr. Zoro?

Oda: I got a lot of questions about "so and so". It's kind of rude to reveal it since the person we're talking about is hiding it, but since a lot of you are asking I'll formally introduce them.
Daimyo of Ringo: Shimotsuki Ushimaru
Daimyo of Kibi: Fugetsu Omusibi (triangle head person)
Daimyo of Udon: Uzuki Tenpura
After the death of Oden, all of the regions rise up to take down Orochi, but they were defeated by the Beasts Pirates. Shimotsuki Ushimaru and Onimaru, the fox who stole shusui from Zoro, was a famous duo. There was orginally going to be a scene when Onimaru is stealing Shusui, he is shocked by the appearance of Zoro, who looks identical to young Ushimaru; but that just makes things complicated so it got cut, besides it might not even be brought up in the manga.
Anyway I'll answer your question, Ushimaru is not Zoro's dad. These three characters' name won't be revealed in the manga, so I include them here. Regarding the lineage of Ushimaru, I'm not sure whether I'll draw more or hide it, so let's end the discussion here. They really do look alike huh?

aq8yLIY_d.webp

Killer's smile if it weren't defected.

Last edited: