• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
I don't think that's what he meant. What I think he meant was they weren't particularly looking for a gunman, but Usopp joined anyway. That's the only real time they brought someone in just for the hell of it.

Ah. I see what you mean. Okay. Well...let's face it...if Luffy(and to a lesser extent Zolo and Sanji) are riding upon this new ship, they're gonna break bits of it. Franky is needed to fix all their breakages. They're not exactly soft handed when it comes to the ship we've noticed.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
The only reason why Tashigi looks like Robin is that it was a while since we've seen her character and like Toriyama before him, the style of One Piece has matured a lot. Oda's style slowly started to have the occasional "downward slope" nose from time to time since probably Alabasta (it's cool when the anime starts to implement it too).

Plus when you consider Coby, you start to believe, maybe there's some years that spanned in the series already.

I mean Goku grown up in Dragon Ball for 1988 sure doesn't look like Goku grown up for Dragon Ball of 1995. Let alone Toriyama's evolving design as a whole if you look at Dragon Quest starting from the Famicom manual art up to guidebooks for PS2 games.

Blues

Monkey Dragon
If Coby put his glasses on, he'd probably look a lot more like he used to. For instance, without the band covering his eyes, you can easily tell that guy is Helmeppo. Not sure why, it must be the mouth or something...

Man, did Coby have some hormones for breakfast or something?

Edit: Now that I actually REMEMBER what the new Helmeppo looks like, it's definately the nose.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I know, Helmeppo and Coby look sweet. But I hope this finally puts some clarity that at least 1 year has passed in the story.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Strong, but seemingly dopey in a sense. I wonder if Dragon is like Luffy in that aspect. I mean, I couldnt stop laughing when Garp was about to pound Luffy and both fell asleep. That was without a doubt one of the funniest scenes in a long time.

Rex Kamex

Strong, but seemingly dopey in a sense. I wonder if Dragon is like Luffy in that aspect. I mean, I couldnt stop laughing when Garp was about to pound Luffy and both fell asleep. That was without a doubt one of the funniest scenes in a long time.

That reminded me of that picture from the Coby/Helmeppo coverstory where Garp said, "I was sleeping." XD

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I know, that should have been the first clue that Garp was Luffy's grandfather. In a way, it was foreshadowing him being Luffy's grandfather. It just goes to show you that cover stories are in no way a waste of time.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
new spoilers from Chapter 433 The Name of the Sea is...

?433????????
??????????????vol.4??????????

Chapter 433: "The Name of the Sea is"
Cover: Enel's Space Adventures Vol 4: "There's someone in the hole"

???????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????

Garp: "You are my grandson!! So that's why I've decided not to capture you!! --or so I will tell the marines so don't worry and stay here."
Person with Hat: "That's not a good excuse so let's just say that he ran away."

??????????2????????????????????????????????
????????????
?????????????????????????????????????

Garp: "And besides, I only came along because of these two. Talk all you want, I'm going back."
Luffy: "Okay, see ya."
Garp: "What's with that dismissive attitude! (Garp punches Luffy) Show a little emotion, you idiot!!"

?????????????????????????????????
????????2??????????????????????

Garp and his crew leave. Zoro, Sanji, Chopper and Robin relax.
Luffy is talking with Coby (Hellmeppo is there too)

??????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Chopper: "Nami's not here too. I thought she wanted to ask a few questions from the marines... I wonder if she changed her mind?"
Robin: "She went to the pool. With Kokoro-san."
Sanji: "Eeeeeeeeeeeh? (Heart) Nami-san and swimsuit~~~?? I'm going to bring her some drinks! (Hearts in his eyes)"

??????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????
?????????
????????????????????????????????100?????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????
??????????
??????????????????????????????????????????

Luffy: "Then you guys came to Grand Line by coming through that mountain too!?"
Coby: "Er... actually, no, we haven't gone through Reverse Mountain."
Luffy: "How?"
Coby: "It's possible for Marine Headquarter ships to pass through the Calm Belt... not that it works 100% of the time, of course."
Luffy: "Eeeeh!? That's like cheating!! But wait, why!? There's a bunch of Sea Kings many times the size of military ships living there!!"
Coby: "At the bottom of those military ships there lies a layer of stones called the Kairouseki."
Luffy: "What about that?"
Coby: "Kairouseki emits the same energy of ocean, so for the fish living underneith the sea that boat is..."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
???????????????????
?????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????

Nami: "Energy of ocean... I get it! So even if the ship passes above the ocean, the Sea Kings are unaware of the ship's existance!! Those military scientists are pretty impressive...!!"
Chimmny: "Sis, sis, aren't you going to swim!? Pirate sis!"
Nami: "Be quiet for a moment Chimmny!! Chances like these don't happen every often!! Right now I am!! Eaves!! Drop!! Ping!!"

????????????????????

Kokoro: "Did you really have to shout it out loud? (sweatdrop)"

????????????
??????????????????????????Dr.??????????????? ????
???????????????????????????????????????????? ?
????????????????????????????????
???Dr.?????????????

Scene switches back to Coby and Luffy's conversation
Coby: "For every ingenious method the Military Scientist Dr. Begabank is always behind it. He's really great!"
Hellmeppo: "Yep, he really is great. Strawhat, that Devil Fruit you ate, he has revealed how the powers mutate and he's also the one who has figured out the recently developed technqiue for making objects eat Devil Fruit as well!!"
Nami: (Dr. Begabank... memo, memo.)

???????????????????????????????????????????? ? ??????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

Coby: "I've realized, Luffy-san, that until I've met you I've been living in a small world. The sea taught me that. If Luffy-san didn't come out of the barrel that day, I probably would've been stuck doing chores on Albida's ship.

????????????????????????

The conversation draws on (no text, just laughter and anger)

????????
????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????
??????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????”? ??”?

Time passes by
Luffy: "Eeeeeh~~~~!? You're really leaving already!? Let's eat some food!! Food!!"
Coby: "We are meant to be enemies... I can't be friendly with you. Luffy-san!! Do you know what we call the second half of grand line?"
Luffy: "......?"
Coby: "The sea that spreads wide across the Continent of Redline, people call that sea... 'the new world'."

???????????????
???????????????????????????????????”???”???? ??
Luffy: "....'The new world'."
Coby: "It is the sea that attracts people who will lead us into a new age!! And the man who has conqured that sea shall be, 'The Pirate King'!!"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
?????????????????????????????????????????

Coby: "Luffy-san!! We shall see each other again someday there!! And next time, I'll catch you!! By becoming stronger and stronger!! I will, someday!! Be the Marine's next... the Marine's next Admiral!"

??????????????????????????????????

Luffy: "You're going to fight me, right? Then become one! It's obvious!!!"

?????????????

Iceburg, Oimo, Kaashi, Gallela's Shipwrights and Zanpai and co, everyone is throwing a party.
Robin looks over the party, content.

????????????????????
???????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????CP9?????????? ?

???: "Don't move and just listen... Nico Robin."
Robin: "!? It can't be...! Aokiji......!!!"
Aokiji: "...Why didn't you run away, just like you've always done before? You could've easily escaped from CP9 anytime."

???????????????????????????
????????????20????????????????????D????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ? ?????? ????20???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ??CP9????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Robin: "...I couldn't stand and just watch them die..."
Aokiji: "...The giant who fought for the sake Ohara 20 years ago... Hagwar D Sauro and I were friends. For his sake, I respected his will and let you escape from the island, and thus I have a responsibility to see your life through...!! ...However, even after 20 years you still haven't found yourself a place you belong, instead you were still being chased around, and I have decided that I wouldn't let the bomb that is you roam free any longer. The incident this time... I intended to finish it all once at for all. But of course, I never expected the CP9 be defeated as the result... Tell me, have you finally found yourself a place you belong...?"

???????????
?????????????????????????????
????????????????

Robin: "...Yes."
Aokiji: "Sauro's decision of keeping you alive... are you going to show me his decision was right or wrong from now on?"
Robin: "...I intend to..."
Aokiji: "Then live on strong... Orara still... has yet to be destroyed..."

???????

Aokiji leaves

????????????
????????????????
?????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????
????????????

Scene changes to Marijoa

"Five Elder Stars, sir! Something terrible has happened!!"
Five Elder Stars: "What's the matter...?"
"In the 'new world', Red-haired Shanks of the Four Emperors as well as Whitebeard Edward Newgate has broken through the blockade we sent against them the other day and they have finally came into contact with each other!!!"
Five Elder Stars: "What...!!?"

?????????????????????????

Whitebeard's men: "Boss, boss, Red-hair says he wants to see you, boss."
Whitebeard: "Yeah... let him pass... you have better brought some good booze over, kid."

Blues

Monkey Dragon
I was hoping that part about Ace finally meeting Blackbeard was true. I mean, it's been, what 5 years since we last saw him? There's also the thing about Garp offering Luffy Shichibukai status, but it's not all that important.

I hope we learn more about Shanks and Whitebeard, hopefully we can find out their bounties and fighting styles.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
this chapter was totally awesome. Thats great how Aokiji wants to protect Robin because Saul was his Dear Friend. The party was awesome that signals the end of the arc and the start of the new. Also the best part...no its not the Shanks Whitebeard meeting...its the fact that its seems that ROBIN JOINED IN ON A MEAT EATING CONTEST AND WAS DOING REALLY WELL ON IT! SANJI SEEMED SHOCKED!

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
Wasn't the whole of the Skypedia arc about religion? The whole 'God' judging his people and smiting them thing, the priests, angels, golden gates and the war over the "Holy ground."

Blues

Monkey Dragon
I find it funny the Straw Hats are attacking the very things that cause problems in America. Gangs, religion AND government. Of course, this is mearly an observation, I don't think that was really done on purpose.

I hope the next arc is adventure based, like Skypeia. Except without a guy with long earlobes.

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
Perhaps Oda did this to prevent 4kids from going any further. Let's face it...they'd have to skip the ENTIRE Skypedia arc.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they returned to the quick little sagas like in the days of old with Buggy up to Arlong.

How strong is Buggy nowadays anyway?
We haven't seen him properlly fight Luffy after all...they were kind of even way back in the day, neither one could hit the other. It's only when Luffy got really mad that he managed to successfully attack Buggy, and for most of his fight he was busy chasing Nami, trying to get his treasure back.
The second time, again he didn't fight Luffy. He lost to Smoker, but then so did Luffy...

I'm hoping Oda's going to bring Buggy back. Been an age since their last confrontation.

Blues

Monkey Dragon
Buggy's Oda's favorite villian, so I can guarantee his return. Hopefully he'll be a lot stronger then, too, enough to pose as a threat to Luffy.

4Kids will be doing Skypeia, they just changed "God" to "Sky Lord". It'll be fun to see the kinds of edits they'll do.