• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Cutty

Forever now
^Almost similar but not quite, Mr. 1 can change any part of his body into sharp steel blades, while Inazuma can't. Well, at least so far what we've seen he can only create scissors with both hands. Moria has a scissors too ( I wonder where is it from n where he keeps it?)

Since Iva is the black mailer, it probably means Croc used to be a woman or wanted to be a woman. o_O

funny.

I think more than that.

Hurry, hurry. I want to see the next chapter badly!

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
this arc is great. I can't wait to see what becomes of Bon Clay. btw, didn't Mr.1 have a devil fruit EXTREMELY similar to half black/ half white guy?
Mr. 1 had the Dice-Dice power which lets him turn any part of his body into a sword. Apparently Inazuma can only turn his hands into scissors.

Blaziryu

This week's chapter was effin awesome! First, he took down Enies Lobby, now he's going to take down Impel Down, & next he's going for the Marine HQ. Luffy's rep is going to be pretty impressive once he reaches the New World after he takes down all 3 of the Marines' strongholds.

Rex Kamex

Forgot all about the Logs. The 11th one's release date is May 1, which it already is in Japan- not where I live, though. The cover of it is an old Jump cover (which I happen to like) containing all of the Strawhats (which, at the time, were only seven) on a ship. Even though it's not an original cover, I'm glad it's not another graphic novel volume cover. This is the first of many Water Seven logs that'll be released over the coming months. This one has chapters 304~333, ending with the Luffy vs. Usopp fight and starting with the Dave Back Fight arc.

And speaking of which, it'd be so cool IMO if after the Alabasta manga chapters were released in America they skipped Jaya and Skypiea (giving a quick summary of the things that went on) and put One Piece back in the magazine at a faster pace starting with the Davy Back fight arc. The American Jump issue that started this arc could use the same picture as the one on the latest log. (I think to Viz taking the manga out of the magazine permanently would definitely be too much.)

Here's the cover of the log.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well it's out. Buggy and Mr. 3 are causing riots on level 2 while luffy and his gang cause riots in level 4. This makes the Gaolers unable to distribute it's forces properly Looks like all our favorite escapees will make it out alright Now they just face the problem of getting off the island. Crocodile even released Mr. 1.

I'm sure, that if Buggy and Mr.3 don't join with Luffy and crew(in escaping) before they all reach the main enterance, that the battleship Buggy and Mr.3 choose to stowaway on will be the one Luffy commandeer's.

uber gon

Accept Change
It's official **** is going to go down next chapter.

Blaziryu

Wow! Now that was a effin good chapter!! Luffy, Crocodile, Jimbei, Ivankov & others are breaking all hell loose in Impel Down.

youssef20138

1000 Years of Pain!
Some new scans and translations came out for chapter 542.
http://img2.pict.com/05/d8/df/65dba952ceeb683ecf21545adc/SXYou/20gpv5ou0.jpg
http://img2.pict.com/4d/5f/5f/e5ec4517efc73ce2c5d7c2903b/GpSzw/20gpv5ou1.jpg
http://img2.pict.com/fd/b0/4d/e02d440bc2dd87eb8ca7757a4e/zAXIa/20gpv5ou2.jpg
http://img2.pict.com/84/51/55/d3f17729513933fad7b87301b9/dhtU6/20gpv5ou3.jpg
http://img2.pict.com/94/73/38/9dffb01154ee71b08a99d2d562/6v3r6/20gpv5ou4.jpg
http://img2.pict.com/e6/c8/09/c2f2c2d3d4e55190bb26b76963/GnN9k/20gpv5ou5.jpg
http://img2.pict.com/d7/f2/22/106afe65e4c8f46ac09be2f80c/ZPiQi/20gpv5ou6.jpg

Pic 1
Marine: It's 5 hours till execution of Ace, and we're in the most dangerous time since Whitebeard could appear any time now... But no matter how hard we look sir... Shichibukai "Blackbeard" is nowhere to be found!

(cannot read the next panel)

Marine: We just got a report that they just now arrived at Impel Down!
Sengoku .....?

Pic 2
Blackbeard: (cannot read) hey, we're on the side of the government ya know...
Champion: What a gloomy place this is weeeehaha!

Pic 3

Blackbeard: Revelation!
(He spits out beaten up guards from his darkness)
guards: We have intruders!!

guards: Shichibukai "Blackbeard" and his crew!!
Have infiltrated with obvious hostility! His aim is unknown!!

guards: Hey are you ok!? Those are the guards that dissapeared earlier!

pic 4

Hannyabal: This is crazy.... where are we even supposed to start!?
...Hey, why don't we just lock ourselves up in the monitor room and have some snack?
guards: Get a grip of yourself sir!! We have to protect Impel Down!
Hannyabal: It's easy for you to say, with no responsibilities!!
Magellan: Hannyabal.. can you hear me?
Hannyabal: Is that you, Warden Magellan!? Where are you!?

pic 5
I just finished taken care of idiots that were rampaging in Level 2.
(cannot read the rest)

prisoner?: Captain Buggy! There's a lump of poison in the hallway (blocking the way)
Buggy: Damn Magellan!!

Pic 6
Impel Down prison guard chief Shiryuu of the Rain
Shiryuu: You're not gonna tell me to get back to the cell, are you, Magellan?
Magellan: You're on the death row, this is an extention of your time. You will not get another.
Shiryuu: Yeah, I'll make sure to keep that in mind.
Magellan: I'll leave Blackbeard up to you

Pic 7
Jinbei: Seiken!
Luffy: Pistol!
Crocodile: Sables!
Seems like a great chapter, Blackbeard assualting and seems Mr. Bison is getting out of jail aswell.

Gentleman Skeleton

Rex Kamex

Someone from AP forums said that would explain how he got to Marie Jois back in the Jaya arc.

Also, thanks to straw hat from another forum for pointing out that the cover for Volume 54 is up on http://www.j-onepiece.com/ (which, by the way, has sections for the different manga story arcs of One Piece, but not all of them yet- the last one is Jaya).

EDIT: Hey everyone, look at this!

As important as the early stuff is, read the section called About One Piece, specifically the part where they talk about the North American manga.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! (For both the anime news and manga news, I'm doing cartwheels all around the room while sitting in this chair at the same time...)

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Catching up?

More like SKIPPING.

I'd rather they do with One Piece the same thing they did with Naruto.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Catching up?

More like SKIPPING.

I'd rather they do with One Piece the same thing they did with Naruto.
It is entirely possible that they will do an accelerated release next year. I highly doubt that Viz just wants to randomly skip four whole arcs like that without increasing their volume output of the series.

Chris

Old Coot
I dunno. Viz has done some pretty retarded things over the years.

youssef20138

1000 Years of Pain!
I just hope they keep it up instead of taking a long time break half way through.

Rex Kamex

It is entirely possible that they will do an accelerated release next year. I highly doubt that Viz just wants to randomly skip four whole arcs like that without increasing their volume output of the series.

I agree. Especially with Funimation showing recent Japanese episodes of One Piece, since Viz has the manga so I'm sure they'd want to do a "One Piece World/Country whatever" thing like Naruto Nation. Actually, I don't know if they'll call it anything.

And they'll definitely make a short summary of everything they skip over in the magazine, just like they've done with Naruto. Still, I wonder how many graphic novels they'll release each month.

I'm sure they'll talk about this in the July issue of Jump.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Can't wait for the next chapter. Really want to see what Blackbeard is up to. Also want to see what Luffy does when he learns how Blackbeard was involved with Ace.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I dunno. Viz has done some pretty retarded things over the years.
I suppose, but given that they've mentioned that other series besides Naruto will be seeing accelerated releases, as well as Rex Kamex's indirect point about Funimation's release, I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

The only real question is how many volumes they would release a month.