• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official PBR FAQ / Help / Question Thread

SmartD

I have a platinum related question. If someone connects Platinum to Battle Revolution, beats the game, then challanges the master set, what team will Mysterial use? Will he use the rental team, or a completely different team?

centri

So you can only get Magmortar and Electrivire if you live in the countries listed?

SmartD

Has anyone figured out how to get the Bronze, Black, and White custom passes in the japanese version of Battle revolution?

The Golux

Not a Mere Device
Does it annoy anyone else that for some themes the pants and tops are only in A and B?

*Really wanted to make a Green Rider*

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yup, I got all of those: Pikachu, Electivire, and Magmortar :)

The Golux

Not a Mere Device
oh, yeah I also found an Error in the clothes list. The Pikachu and Expedition Shorts for the young girl aren't listed with the Minidresses (they should come at the same time since they're expressions of the standard expedition bottom).

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've not even unlocked one of those items.

As soon as my brother gets his Wii back, i'll make a start thanks noobers.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I have a question regarding Mysterial's pokemon:

Every time I send out my timid natured, fully-EV-trained gengar, his kyogre always go first, and creams my gengar before it even gets the chance to move...

I wonder...

Is his kyogre Choice Scarfed to make him able to move before all of my pokemon(save my jolteon, which, oddly, moves before his kyogre)???

If he is, maybe that's why he's creaming all my non-uber teams(my uber kyogre may be the only pokemon that could take his attacks)... Maybe I need to train a sceptile...

DayLightX said:
Q: Would a Japanese copy of D/P be compatible with a English copy of PBR?

The wii is region-locked, and sadly, it's the same answer as the question:

"Can I connect a Japanese GBA to an American Gamecube???"

...And the answer is: No. Unlike DS/GBA-to-DS/GBA connectivity, both the GCN-GBA and Wii-NDS connectivity modes require the handheld game's region to be the same as the GCN/Wii game's region, so no, you can't connect a Japanese D/P to a English copy of PBR... :(

SmartD said:
I have a platinum related question. If someone connects Platinum to Battle Revolution, beats the game, then challanges the master set, what team will Mysterial use? Will he use the rental team, or a completely different team?

...I'm sure that a Japanese PBR-owner knows the answer, since Platinum is yet-to-be-released in my region, not to mention that I own an American PBR, so I don't know the answer, and I can't find out what the answer is because I don't live in Japan, the only region where Platinum can be bought legitimately at this point in time... So, if anyone owns a Japanese PBR and knows the answer to that question, post here with the answer...

The Golux

Not a Mere Device
I'm thinking of getting a new DS. I know that this will reset my Pal Pad to blank, and I'll get a new Friend Code, but will I still be able to connect to PBR with it?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Actually, you can transfer your DS WiFi data across to another DS. You need a game that Allows Access to the wifi settings, Pokémon is one. This will make your new DS appear to WFC as your old DS, and you can keep your FC. This will Trash the Old DS wifi setting.

As for PBR and Ranch, all it does is check the game card. I've synced using a DSlite, then a DS "Fatty" and more recently the first DS lite. All games have not had their Wifi data touched. (Why My DS Lite was gone? Someone was getting 100% Guitar Hero DS)

The Golux

Not a Mere Device
Actually, you can transfer your DS WiFi data across to another DS. You need a game that Allows Access to the wifi settings, Pokémon is one. This will make your new DS appear to WFC as your old DS, and you can keep your FC. This will Trash the Old DS wifi setting.

How do you do this? If you could give more detailed instructions, that would be great. If you don't want to do it here, you can just PM them to me.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
How do you do this? If you could give more detailed instructions, that would be great. If you don't want to do it here, you can just PM them to me.

You need both DS next to each other.

OLD DS: Start the Wifi setup App. Such as on the Main Menu in DP.

New DS: Start "DS Download Play" on the Start up menu

OLD DS: Hit Options on the Wifi setup App. The Bottom one is "Transfer". It will tell you about what will happen, and after it OK, start to sent the settings.

NEW DS: Will Find a New Download Game, Wifi Connection Setup. Accept it.

Follow the Onscreen prompts on both DSes for here on out. but It's painless from here.

thanks, surfing pikachu you will be MINE

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Not sure I understand how level works in the Colosseum Mode. For example, I register 6 lvl.100 Pokemon on the pass card, so that whenever I used it and go to Lvl.50 All in Colosseum Mode, will their level always be at lvl.50 instead of lvl.100? If so, then what will become of their stats?

Not sure I understand how level works in the Colosseum Mode. For example, I register 6 lvl.100 Pokemon on the pass card, so that whenever I used it and go to Lvl.50 All in Colosseum Mode, will their level always be at lvl.50 instead of lvl.100? If so, then what will become of their stats?

Lv. 50 all makes every Pokemon level 50, obviously. Their stats are derived from their EVs / IVs / Nature. In the same way level 100 WiFi calculates their stats, PBR does the same move for level 50s.

Otherwise, the other option (level 30+ I think) will just make every Pokemon of the opponent's level equal to that of your highest level. So if you have 1 level 100 and three level 90s, all opponent's will have level 100 pokes.

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
Thanks for the list, it a real great help to me.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Would it be better if you use lvl.100 Pokemon rather than lvl.50 Pokemon from D/P version to battle in PBR if their EVs are taken into account? I'm kinda stumped about this part. :p