• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official PBR FAQ / Help / Question Thread

ravenzala232

ledgendary silver
how do you look up random battles

BadIntent

MSankey
^ Like fighting random opponents on wi-fi? On the main menu go to the square that says wi-fi and pick wi-fi battle. Once it connects choose 'battle someone'. Then just follow the instructions on the screen and ultimately it will say 'searching for opponent'. It might take a minute to find someone, but that's it.
Did I answer your question?

Deoxysmatter

OH MAI GAWD!
Why can't I use it?

I was trying to use my new Shiny Lucario on Wi-fi, and It said "A pokemon on your pass is not able to battle." It works fine in regular battles like in the sunny park colloseum. Can someone explain what's wrong. Before anyone say's It's probably hacked, I IV checked it, and It has all legit Stats(Though 3 25 IVs are pretty strange) but It's definately not hacked.

Deoxysmatter

OH MAI GAWD!
The only way it could be hacked would be if it's SID and TID are the same, because it's IVs are legit.

randomspot555

My understanding is that PBR and GTS only check for EV distribution and IVs.

Anything more than 510 EVs won't be allowed
Anything with 31 IV in all 6 stats won't be allowed.

I never heard of waht Deoxysmatter posted, but might be right.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
well, I heard that sometimes the pokemon doesn't copy properly... did you get a bad signal on the wii connection attempt to copy the pokemon you're trying to use?

If so, that's your reason...

if not, you either may have received it from a hacker, or you hacked it, or the Secret ID and Trainer ID are congruent to each other...

normally, I'd report this, but since I can't tell if you're trying to use a hacked pokemon...

Last edited:

Deoxysmatter

OH MAI GAWD!
I got it in a trade, and I got it from someone who doesn't hack as far as i know. The thing, though, is that if it was hacked, wouldn't it abbear as a bad egg in regular battles, i'm asking because it doesn't.

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
I got it in a trade, and I got it from someone who doesn't hack as far as i know. The thing, though, is that if it was hacked, wouldn't it abbear as a bad egg in regular battles, i'm asking because it doesn't.

PBR's wif-fi is a better hack detector than the game itself. Tell us Lucario's info: Pokeball, location caught, moves, ribbons, and contest stats.

Deoxysmatter

OH MAI GAWD!
It's caught in a pokeball
It was hatched in solaceon town
It knows the moves I taught it through level up(I recieved it)
No ribbons other than the effort ribbon I gave it after I ev trained it
No contest stats.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I was trying to use my new Shiny Lucario on Wi-fi, and It said "A pokemon on your pass is not able to battle." It works fine in regular battles like in the sunny park colloseum. Can someone explain what's wrong. Before anyone say's It's probably hacked, I IV checked it, and It has all legit Stats(Though 3 25 IVs are pretty strange) but It's definately not hacked.

I've moved this thread and all of it's posts to the Help Thread.

VSD

VengefulShadowDragon
How do you get the alternate coloured outfits (Pachirisu Outfit [purple], Groudon Outfit [Yellow])?

BadIntent

MSankey
Is it possible to lower the rank of a colosseum (gateway for example) without having to lose a battle?

So... Does anyone know??

Last edited:

arceus-is-god

Fails to Succeed
this may be off topic (sorry if it is,) but can somebody tell me (or direct me to) a list of pokemon banned in online play

thanks.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
this may be off topic (sorry if it is,) but can somebody tell me (or direct me to) a list of pokemon banned in online play

thanks.
To My knowledge, there are only 2 Banned Pokémon, that you can't use in PBR.

Non-Japanese ;492;
All-Languages ;493;

Not Supported in PBR, but will turn in to their DP form.
;479-c; ;479-h; ;479-f; ;479-w; ;479-s; ;487-o; ;492-s;

Some people/Groups/Tourney's won't allow other Pokémon. These are often Legendary or event Pokémon, and in some cases Wobbetfet.

Rhypertank

"Rock" on the Water!
In fact, while the game is searching for an opponent, it checks your team too if you found Pokémon and breed them on the right place. BUT, if you get a Deoxys on roads of Sinnoh, you can't use it! If you ever exchange your Battle Pass, they'll know that you hacked your DP game to get Uber Pokémon like Darkrai or Latios. But they won't know it if you got the Pokémon at their original spot, Palkia and Dialga on Spear Pillar as the best example. And never bring Arceus, it's a banned Pokémon but you can still play it in Solo Game... that's weird. Sorry, but I tested it. I tried to use a Rayquaza that I got. I was sure it wouldn't work and effectively, it DIDN'T. So I decided to Release it.

Last edited:

arceus-is-god

Fails to Succeed
To My knowledge, there are only 2 Banned Pokémon, that you can't use in PBR.

Non-Japanese ;492;
All-Languages ;493;

Not Supported in PBR, but will turn in to their DP form.
;479-c; ;479-h; ;479-f; ;479-w; ;479-s; ;487-o; ;492-s;

Some people/Groups/Tourney's won't allow other Pokémon. These are often Legendary or event Pokémon, and in some cases Wobbetfet.

well when i try to go online wih pokemon such as giratina and darkrai,
it stops me after a while. bummer.