• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official PBR FAQ / Help / Question Thread

Johanna

Old Fart
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't find the answer.

Ever since PBR came out I looked at it on the shelf in the game store, thinking how much I used to love Pkmn Stadium. For some reason, the desire to play it has been lit again.

... But I don't get how it works. I have been so disappointed with Pearl and SS since I can't play with trainers all over the world. My DS simply doesn't like my router, but for some reason my little bro can acess other people's flipnotes with his DSi (but that may be another matter, I have no idea how that works).
So what I would like to ask is, will PBR be my ticket to the random online battles? I van connect to the Internet with the Wii, but not with the DS. So how does it work, copying your pokémon over to PBR? How does PBR connect to the DS? (I dread that I'll have to have working Internet connections on both consoles to manage).

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't find the answer.

Ever since PBR came out I looked at it on the shelf in the game store, thinking how much I used to love Pkmn Stadium. For some reason, the desire to play it has been lit again.

... But I don't get how it works. I have been so disappointed with Pearl and SS since I can't play with trainers all over the world. My DS simply doesn't like my router, but for some reason my little bro can acess other people's flipnotes with his DSi (but that may be another matter, I have no idea how that works).
So what I would like to ask is, will PBR be my ticket to the random online battles? I van connect to the Internet with the Wii, but not with the DS. So how does it work, copying your pokémon over to PBR? How does PBR connect to the DS? (I dread that I'll have to have working Internet connections on both consoles to manage).

Yes, it appears that the Wii could be the way for Online battles.

The Wii uses it's own Connection to the net. You can set it up before you insert a game. You should be able to set up the Wii to online or at least the same person who set up your Brothers DS can. (The Wii's and DSi set up are very similar to each other.)

The Connection to DS games are done Locally, so you only need to be near the Wii. (That is within several Meters. Actual Range depends on local conditions.) (This is the standard for any Wii game that connects to the DS. There is one pair of games where you can connect Via Wifi: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time Wii/DS.)

To Battle online, you first need to pick a game to copy your teams from, as that save file will only work with that games save file. There is a "Storage" option for in the PBR Menu, where you can create a copy of your team so you can use it on the Passes.

The Actual coping is easy, as the PBR actually guides you though it. Upon selecting the option PBR will look for your DS and You need to start your game, and hit "Connect to Wii" which may be hidden on the Main menu due to Various reasons.

You then can create several Passes using your in game Pokémon. Most of the time PBR can later update the Pokémon later.

Upon creating a pass, you can then battle online.

The Manual does explains how to all this. The game doesn't make it hard.

One this that the Manual doesn't say, is that New forms for Rotom, Shaymin and Giratina don't exist, and won't appear.

Just to point you can battle with also 2 DS games locally, which is a bit of fun. (Any Version of the DS will do.)

Johanna

Old Fart
That sounds great!

... I'll have to have an extra look for an old copy of the game when I go to town tomorrow. :)

Edit: Ah, and I forgot to say; thank a bunch!

Last edited:

Ditto123

~Word~
i have a question
most sites say its so repetitive and boring
is it rlly?
i mean i have ss, so it might not be

9Tales

DS Mode

When I got the game I tried to do the option where you can use Pokemon from your DS, but everytime it wasn't accessible. I reset the wi-fi settings on my DS, but I'm not too confident it will work. Is there anything I missed about the DS Mode option?

I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread nor read the past 25 pages of this thread because it's too long, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked.

Can I get Electivire and Magmortar on Soul Silver WITHOUT the national Pokedex? Or will I have to get the national Pokedex first before getting them?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread nor read the past 25 pages of this thread because it's too long, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked.

Can I get Electivire and Magmortar on Soul Silver WITHOUT the national Pokedex? Or will I have to get the national Pokedex first before getting them?
You need to just get the Johto Pokedex, or Possibly after you see Elm after that.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I really don't want to search through 26 pages when I want the answer ASAP...
I'm in Courtyard Colosseum, and I currently have 51 wins. If I retire now, will I get the battle pass for clearing 50, or do I get it if I lose later on? I just don't want to have fought that many battle for absolutely nothing.. (Even though another pass pass is kind of a lame prize, if you ask me..)

EDIT: Nevermind, retiring worked. I got my Battle Pass. Um, yay? xD

Last edited:

Accelgor

METAGROSS SMASH!
EDIT: I beat Sunset Colloseum.

Last edited:
So you can't battle against battle passes in 2 player, even in the same file?? =/ That kinda sucks...

you can, go to battle- free battle, then you can battle your bro. it actualy says that earlier in the instruction booklet :625:

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
Trainer Customization Questions

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some questions about the Pokémon Trainer Customization.

1# Is it me, my TV or does the basic cool guy (Type B) model have Heterochromia (two different eye colors)? If I look at the eyes, I see one brown and one olive green. I’m asking this because I want to make a customized Cool Guy trainer (Type B) with black hair (silver black hair), brown eyes, red jacket and wearing blue pants (???).

2# If those eyes aren’t brown, which obtainable face gear is the closest to brown for the Cool Guy - olive eyes?
I mean - according to Bulbapedia - Dusty from the Sunset Colosseum has brown eyes, and he's based of the Cool Guy model.

3# Does the Cool Girl only wear tank tops and hats or also jackets and caps?

4# I’m at least planning to beat Stargazer Colosseum and thus finishing the first round. However, along with the Cool Guy’s silver black hair I likely have to do a lot of more battles to unlock the gear I desire. In other words: ( if the other questions are answered,) how long should I have to go on battling and beating colosseums till I have unlocked them all (not all gear, but the gear I desire) – I mean, I don’t have to clear all the colosseums at rank 8, right?

Last edited:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
#1: I think it's either you or your TV

#2: I believe Dusty has red eyes.

#3: I think so, but I could be wrong about this.

#4: I'm not sure, but you shouldn't have to go to Rank 8. To be honest, I'm not sure what you're asking. If it's in terms of unlocking gears, then probably not very far. If you're asking about getting enough points/monies to buy the gear, then you also don't have to go far. Just remember that you get more points for not using legendaries, so try that if you want to earn more points faster.

shatty

Shiny Hunter
PBR Questions

PBR Questions. Ok, I'm sure somewhere they have been answered, but I want to make sure.

1. Can I use HG/SS to connect to PBR and use my teams and boxes etc just like D/P? A few people said they are compatible, but I'm still not sure. I could always test I guess. </Lazy> And for that matter, can Platinum connect? </MoarLazy>

2. I have mixed levels. Ranging from 52-60s, and 70s-80s. When I begin a 'new game', will the enemy Pokemon have my highest level as theirs? And will my underleveled pokemon be leveled up for the battle(s)? Also, will the opponent Pokemon in the 'Lv.30 Rule' have different movesets, if they are leveled up? Or have I got everything completely wrong? :S

3. Do people still play this? Or has everyone moved over to 5th gen? I dislike 5th gen. :(

Thanks.

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
1. Yes. All 4th gen games are compatible.
2. All opponents will the be the same level as the highest level pokemon on any team you register.
3. Not sure. I don't really play it myself, though.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
1. Yes you can. I put my Pokemon over from HG on there.

2. What *Picachu&Pichu* said.

3. Well about a week ago I went on there to do some Wifi battles and people were on so yeah I guess.

shatty

Shiny Hunter
Thanks for that guys. :)

Ludwig

i have a question
most sites say its so repetitive and boring
is it rlly?
i mean i have ss, so it might not be

According to me, it's not boring, but maybe slightly repetitive. The non-online mode is very similar to battle frontier. The main thing about the game is the online play though, which is like the random match feature in BW.

When I got the game I tried to do the option where you can use Pokemon from your DS, but everytime it wasn't accessible. I reset the wi-fi settings on my DS, but I'm not too confident it will work. Is there anything I missed about the DS Mode option?

The communication between ds and wii is done with the wireless feature of the ds. It doesn't use wi-fi.