• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official PBR Recent Happenings Thread

Sobooboo

R U Happy 2?
I actually just saw my first shiny yesterday in the game. The Normal type guy had a shiny Clefable. Not a very noticeable change in it's color pattern like other pokes but it was neat none the less.

Kujo1229

*munch*
Well, I just did a lot of Online matches, and it turns out that a Torterra with Synthesis, EarthQuake, Crunch, and Razor Leaf works very well when paired with a Golduck with high Defense. I can Surf all I want, and I can also use Earthquake if I have to. :p Speaking of those matches, I had some great ones such as this one guy who had a Trick Room team, it turns out that Cacturne is increadably slow, and it Sweeped my team. I also fought the same guy twice in a row, I lost the first match, and I randomly fought him again, and won the second battle. I'm going to upload those battles. He ran a Perish Song team, and his main Pokémon were Jynx, and Snorlax. Thankfully I caught on in the second battle, and walled him with my Tyranitar. XD Even with Self-Destruct Kaoru couldn't be killed. But that Snorlaz was very sturdy. o_O I also gained a new Battle Pass for getting 21 Friend Passes. It turns out that when you run a mostly UU team people exchange with you a lot. Anywho, today was also the debut of my EV Trained Shiny Golduck who I lovingly named Sheena. Her attacks really catch people off guard, and she accomplishes her role as Misty's partner. These two Golduck cover each other's weaknesses very well. The fact that it's practically impossible to tell them apart also helps. XD So yeah, I did a lot today. I had a wonderful time.

Huzzuh for Shiny Golduck looking exactly like a regular Golduck!

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Trying to beat set 8 of the masters for a while now. Really annoying. I hate his Palkia. Frustrates me. I suppose I should train something to counter him more. I've been using a scarfed Azelf to explode and kill his Kyogre and ww/e else is out at the time. Then using my own Kyogre to attempt to sweep.. but it isn't going very well. I was thinking of training up a Groudon instead.

Right now I have Kyogre, Jolteon, Mewtwo, Defense Deoxys, Lugia,with Azelf and Garchomp as alternates.

Really hard fight this is.

I just started playing yesterday, and I've completed..... four colosseums. The reason I haven't tried the crystel colossuem is I just wanted to get the neon colosuem first. All of them where farily easy but neon. I got good at the dart throwing part to where I could get most of my team, but of course when Rosie's battle started I was uderly horried at dart throwing and got her team pretty much. From other battles I had two perfect points. Lost first time......lost second time.......and won third time.
(I guess third time's the charm)

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Completed the colosseums, trying to get all the battle passes and unlock all the clothes, while testing my team on Wifi.

Ok beat all the coloseums and got my
I know pretty much everyone knows what it is, but.....got my surfing Pikachu...-_-"

Now I dunno what to do.....

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Decided to start a new game with my Platinum team. Only did wifi cause the pass i made has 3 level 100s, one level 45, and two in the 50's. Might wait to trade more Pokemon from my Pearl before earning poke-coupons

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I recently started a new profile and I won my way up to Sunset Colloseum with one of my WiFi teams. I then went onto WiFi and did some battles with the aforementioned team. I won about 5 or 6 battles in a row (all 2 on 2) untill I fought a guy a with a Metagross that destroyed my team. I guess that's what I get for asking to fight someone on WiFi with skill.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Met some dude that i battled... he was named SuGar.

he had only 4 pokemon, and i owned him the first time.

and i looked for aopponent again, and he shows up again.

WITH THE SAME POKEMON. exact same person.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Started a new file. made 2 custom Passes. One with my trained team and one with my mostly untrained legends. Did a battle with me using the Ubers. Certaintly proved that Ubers are NOT the best ideas.

Jirachi4TW

Jirachi...Is god...
I got the surfing pikachu a few weeks ago. I stupidly turned it into a raichu and now it surfs on its tail. Im so stupid!!!

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Well, I'm waiting for someone to finish EV training a Snorlax I asked for, so I boot up PBR and go onto Wi-Fi. I run into a guy with a Luxray, Tyranitar, and four ubers. I figure I may as well use my Swampert, since I plan on replacing him with my Snorlax once it's finished...

And he sweeps through three ubers. Barely got below half health. Wow.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Brought my team favorite team of Dialga, Palkia, Empoleon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Ninjask to wifi. (I only use both my ubers if my opponent has ubers.) Most interesting battle I had was with a random guy who had a Jolteon FASTER than my Ninjask. Then it used thunderbolt and boom dead bug. That Jolteon must have had a speed boosting nature and 252 speed evs I guess.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Traded my sandstorm team from Pearl to use on my saved game with my platinum. Won a couple of battles with them. Also trying to make a level 50 team (might rarely use for wifi) with probably a team that has an interesting mix; Pidgeot, Aggron, Primape, Sharpedo, Arbok, and Seviper

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I was battling an uber team an random Wi-Fi a few days ago.
I send out Togekiss. He sends out Kyogre.
Togekiss uses Extreamspeed. Criticle hit, Kyogre fainted.
He sends out Darkrai. Togekiss uses Extreamspeed. Darkrai fainted.

I can't remember the rest, but that part was hilarious.:p I wish that I was recording it.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Starting to work on the master ranks on my Diamond's file, and I got owned in the second match of either round 3 or 4. Anyways, I destroyed the first opponent, no problem. I enter the second round, sending out Lucario and Metagross, the CPU sending out a Drifloon and Golem. So I select Aura Sphere for Lucario on Golem due to EQ from Meta would KO him along w/ Golem. Meta uses Meteor Mash on Drifblim (the evolution, can't remeber name). So the round starts, and GOLEM goes first. I'm just sitting there thinking how in the world!?!? Lucario was a Timid w/ max IV's and EV's, so I'm just wounding how that's possible. It must have had a choice Scarf due to that was the only attack it ever used.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I was battling with friend passes this weekend. I took a pass with Smogon quality movesets, and kept losing to a Japanese team featuring the Kanto starters, Snorlax, Espeon, and a shiny Muk on doubles. However, I easily beat that team on my first try by stalling it to death with a Japanese trick room team. I also took out an entire team of Togekiss, Metagross, and Porygon-Z with just my own Blissey.

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
been testing out my new attack deoxys and steelix (solid snake)
just lost a battle with a guy who had two drapion, two scythers, and two granbulls
he had really good strategy, could've taken him out because of a tormenting steelix but he swords danced before which didn't exactly help :( plus i superpowered a granbull stupidly because i forgot i was intimidated which allowed him to payback me, taking out my main powerhouse...why oh why must a lv. 50 attack deoxys be cursed with 36 defense? :p

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
The other day I was testing 5 of my new WiFi Pokes and I stuck my Porygon-Z in the 6th spot. I went on wifi and had an epic battle:

I use Metagross
They use Dialga
Dialga uses Aura Sphere
Metagross uses stealth rock
Dialga uses Aura sphere
Metagross uses T-punch
Dialga uses Aura Sphere
Metagross faints, I send out Gyarados
Dialga uses Roar of Time
Gyarados faints, I send out Porygon-Z
Dialga must recharge
Porygon-Z uses Nasty Plot
Dialga uses flamethrower and burns Porygon-Z
Porygon-Z uses Ice Beam
Dialga faints, they send out Infernape
Porygon-Z uses Tri Attack
Infernape faints, they send out Hippowdon
Porygon-Z uses Ice Beam
Hippowdon faints; I win!

My Porygon-Z had about 20hp left and woulda been killed by burn+sandstorm, let alone another attack.

Currently I'm attempting to complete Courtyard Colosseum. I won't have to worry about the fog as long as my Rayquaza is on the field. Wish me luck.