• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow XD001

I went to the Battle Ground and Skorupi went up a lot of levels. (it has the EXP. Share) after that, I went to the Pokemon League. If you remember my last post with Cynthia, you would know I had a little rough time with her. She was a little easier now. Skorupi evolved against Cynthia and gained 12 total levels in the whole E4! Also, I went on GTS and received a Gible at Level 17 because I put up a Machop for it.

My (permanent) Team:
Fire Flare/ Infernape- Level 80
Lucario- Level 76
Gliscor- Level 74
Gallade- Level 70
Fly/Flygon- Level 88
Drapion- Level 40

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
In the last two days, I went and got the daily berries and some other items. Also I leveled up some of my pokemon (Lucario, Tyranitar, and others). I took some time out of training to try to catch the roaming legendary birds. Surprisingly I caught Moltres with a quick ball. I havent caught the other two yet.

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
Yesterday I restarted my platinum. I started with Chimchar, which turned out to be adamant. I got the rotom key, even though I live in america and have an american platinum because they did not region lock the event. I am currently in Eterna as I have just got my rotom last night and it is in fridge form right now.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
I restarted a few days ago also.. After i beat the E4, i just felt.. un achieved and not happy with my team and how i played.. so i started over and wanted to do it again, in hopes that i will get that awesome feeling back, and enjoy the rest of the game after the E4. So far.. so great.. my shiny eevee is so cute.

I have the lawn mower rotom form btw. That one and the fan is my favorites.

Tails07

Platinum Journey Post 8

Finally finished EV training Espeon and Leafeon and just breed a timid Houndour which i'm going to turn into a special sweeper. Doing a bit of team training as well for the Elite 4.

Raikaria

You will obey!
Just finished the Distortion World. Cyrus was a pain to beat with my pokemon a couple of levels lower than him, and the surprise EQ from Garados KO'ing Magnezone...

Took 7 tries to catch Giratina, while it was Paralyzed, and on very low HP. Each of those tries used 30 Dusk Balls, except the final one, which only used a couple.

For those of you slightly interested, from Metalkid's IV Calculator:

Bold Giratina: 0 - 2 / 11 - 12 / 9 - 11 / 30 / 24 - 25 / 25 - 26

Not bad, more suited to be used in Origin, as a Special Attacker.

Also, I got Pokerus while heading to Snowpoint. Gave it to a Sneasel I caught, and stored it for later.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Finally got around to catching Dialga and Palkia. Caught a nice Dragonair on the way up, too. Named it Serenity, may potentially make it a rotated team member.

chorusco

Finally gotten 492 Pokémon!!! :D That leaves Arceus for when it comes out, really happy now :)
Going to ev train my Scizor

Cosmar

< Aww.
Salamence reached Level 100, and I challenged the Battle Hall with my Glaceon. I was pwned by a Wobbuffet's Mirror Coat, sadly :\ I've been catching and evolving stuff since then, though I'm still waiting for a Voltorb swarm (plus a swarm of anything I haven't captured yet).

I'm about to see if I can find a decent-leveled Bronzor in Mt. Coronet. I'll have to trek through to its Route 216 entrance, though.

I'll probably evolve/breed some stuff after that, though if I find something that doesn't require Honey Trees (I'll trade those from another game instead), I'll catch it.

I might as well scavenge for some items while I'm in Mt. Coronet...Heck, I may even look for a Dratini/Dragonair if I decide to go further up.

Scratch that, because finding a Dragonair that isn't underleveled (below Level 50) is virtually impossible.

Last edited:
Well, I went super-Magikarp fishing in the Resort area and came across a shiny one. Wow. First wild shiny ever. Anyway, my Froslass critical-hit it so down it went. Damn. I didn't mind that much, since shiny Magikarp/Gyrados arent that much of a novelty since GS. But still. Bit of an adrenaline rush.

Derald Snyder

A funny thing happened to me recently...

I was facing Cynthia for the 1st time on my Platinum game, when I sent out Gardevoir against Milotic. (I'd already taken out Spiritomb, Lucario, and Garchomp, and lost my Staraptor.) My initial thought was to soften it up with Gardevoir, then use Magnezone to finish it off(Spiritomb's Pressure had really drained Discharge's PP). I used Calm Mind so I wouldn't die right away, but Milotic used Mirror Coat, which fails. "OK, Fine," I thought, and CM'ed again.
... and Milotic used Mirror Coat again. After repeating this once more I figured, "Screw it, I'm attacking," and used Magical Leaf... which criticaled. Bye-bye Milotic. Gardevoir ended up sweeping the rest of Cynthia's team. I guess she didn't like the fact that I considered her my least useful Pokemon against the Elite Four. Go figure.

BTW, My team was Staraptor, Gardevoir, Empoleon, Garchomp, Magnezone and Giratina. All were around level 50.

K-B-K

Ugh. I have been trying to beat Platinum for like 2 months now. I can't bloody beat Cynthia. I have came so close so many times. It was my mystery Mew vs. Roserade and i used Psychic and it had like 2 HP left. then it used a poison move and Mew's HP stop at around 13 (it had already beaten 3 pokemon, thats why it was weak.) I thought i was going to win then it saied "Mew was poisoned." I was like no.....then "Mew was hurt by poison." I was soooo annoyed. :(

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
Well ive been battling alot on wifi in my platinum, but i came back to the forums and now i am back into shiny hunting so ive been chaining and hunting shinys :D

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
Well ive been battling alot on wifi in my platinum, but i came back to the forums and now i am back into shiny hunting so ive been chaining and hunting shinys :D

zack1392

Pokemon Trainer
i beat the e4 and did some other things..but wasn't satisfied with my whole approach to the game..i used traded pokemon so it didnt seem fair..so i started a new game.
i took me 3 days to find a nosepass..as soon as i said thats it im giving up..a female one appeared..i evolved it and im now fighting the 2nd gym
my team
grotle-24
gyarados-20
chingling-16
probopass-15
bidoof-5(hm user)

Ammako

Well, I went super-Magikarp fishing in the Resort area and came across a shiny one. Wow. First wild shiny ever. Anyway, my Froslass critical-hit it so down it went. Damn. I didn't mind that much, since shiny Magikarp/Gyrados arent that much of a novelty since GS. But still. Bit of an adrenaline rush.

... Why weaken a Magikarp before catching it? And the Gyarados from G/S can't be traded to D/P/Pt, so I don't know why you say that, considering HG/SS aren't out yet.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
The expansion of my Pokedex is cotnuing for now with no other news. i have resumed using the Backlot Mansion, and am now up to obtains about 300 Pokemon, and seen 405. I finally hatched my Sandshrew egg, caught and evolved two Oddish (into a Bellossom and Vileplume), and spent all of my money (I ghad max moneys) on my Dragonite by buying her a Royal Ribbon :D
Now I'm working on earning it all back, buh T_T

Banana Bloodplanet

My shiny Chingling evolved into a shiny Chimecho.

I migrated Regirock, Regice and Registeel from Emerald and caught Regigigas.

I also migrated a modest Ditto from Emerald and gave it an Everstone. I put it in the Day Care with a Starmie and eventually I hatched a modest Staryu. I evolved it into Starmie then EV trained it (4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed). After I finished, I trained it to Lv. 50.

Bored, I decided to go to the Battle Tower even though the team I plan to use for the rest of the Battle Frontier is only 1/3 complete. I 1HKO'd Dragonite with Ice Beam, 1HKO'd Rhyperior with Surf and 3HKO'd Milotic with Thunderbolt. I now have every Silver Print.

Last edited:

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
Today I made it to Snowpoint City and did some training along the way. I beat Candice, and evolved my Rhyhorn (finally!). I'm at the Veilstone Galatic Headquarters right now.

lpw15

got my impish tangela finally and ev trained it. Then I battled through elite four twice with exp share and am now level 44. Then I decided to go with my tru regi to the 3 rooms to get some good natured regis. I got them: careful registeel, careful regirock, and calm regice! Then I traded the regi (since I already had the lv1 one from the game) on the wifi for a celebi. Now I'm getting back on the game to either breed someone else cool or ev one of my new regis.

Status
Not open for further replies.