• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juz

Pro Trainer
Well, I went super-Magikarp fishing in the Resort area and came across a shiny one. Wow. First wild shiny ever. Anyway, my Froslass critical-hit it so down it went. Damn. I didn't mind that much, since shiny Magikarp/Gyrados arent that much of a novelty since GS. But still. Bit of an adrenaline rush.

I was super-karp fishing and came across a level 80 :)
caught it and now is a level 81 gyrados.

... Why weaken a Magikarp before catching it? And the Gyarados from G/S can't be traded to D/P/Pt, so I don't know why you say that, considering HG/SS aren't out yet.

Well, because though a Magikarp's weak, it still has a good chance of escaping a pokeball at full health, yeah? Why not anyway?

I don't know about other people, but after playing GS so many times, the whole Red Gyarados thing lost it's novelty. To me, a shiny Gyarados isn't interesting anymore.

I was super-karp fishing and came across a level 80 :)
caught it and now is a level 81 gyrados.

XD The highest one I found was 75 or thereabouts.

Last edited:

K-B-K

Sorry about the triple post,

Last edited:

K-B-K

Sorry, my stupid PC triple post.. :(

Last edited:

lpw15

I've got about 7-8 EV trained pokemon now, so I think I'm gonna work for some colored prints in the Battle Frontier (have silver ones). I hope it's not to frustrating.....

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I leveled the crap out of my team on Pearl and then traded them back to Platinum. Just to make getting through the main game easier. xD I don't know yet if I want Pearl or Platinum to be my main game. Prolly Platinum; it might be more productive.

Just got Jirachi on my Japanese copy of Platinum through Mystery Gift. Woohoo!!! ;385;

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
well I finally got a shiny Scizor on my Diamond game now Im looking to find a shiny Weavile for my Pearl team. It is difficult for me because I dont know how to shiny hunt... :( I also dont know how to ev/iv train but I did beat a team of ev'd pokemon on wi-fi. It was the closest game I've ever played. I may work on my pokemon Platinum game to raise up another competitive team so far I only have 2 good teams.

Wat.
I played Pokemon Platinum today for the first time in a while. Downloaded Jirachi (hooray for importing games!). However, I'm still not sure what nature to go with. I'm probably not gonna use Jirachi on my team anyways though.

thesml89

bought platinum a couple of days ago. i haven't had much time to play yet, but i managed to get to oreburgh and get my friend code.

as far as my future team goes, i decided to go with four overpowered pokemon. they are torterra, staraptor, luxray and floatzel. there are obtainable pretty early in the game so this was the main reason i went for them. my current team is:

turtwig level 14
staravia level 15
luxio level 15
bidoof level 3 hm slave

Recently I've been trying to breed a Modest Ryhorn, because its going to know Surf for my In-Game team. However, the past five eggs have all been Jolly. This is going to take awhile.

Training for the Fighting Gym.

Current Team:
;003; - Venusaur Lv 34
;136; - Flareon Lv 34
;428; - Lopunny Lv 34
;178; - Xatu Lv 34
;117; - Seadra Lv 34

Going to get them all up to 35 and then battle the Gym. Hopefully I get a Modest Ryhorn by then. x-x

Ammako

Unfortunately, my Riolu prefers to play with other Pokemon more than with both of my Ditto, and both Ditto prefer to play with other Pokemon more than with each other. I'll have to catch another modest Ditto and hope it has a change of producing an egg with Riolu.
Riolu can't breed.

Well, because though a Magikarp's weak, it still has a good chance of escaping a pokeball at full health, yeah? Why not anyway?

Yes, but it won't flee... >_>

And you usually have more than one Pokéball on you.

SnorlaxRules

Something amazing thing just happened to me.
I went up to Mt coronet with the old orbs and there, sure enough was the blue portal. Interact, the dialga comes up, use 1 flame wheel, down to just above 1/2 hp, use another, in the red, at the moment im thinking 'that was easy' but what was about to happen was just stupid. I threw 1 ultra ball and bam Dialga was caught!!!!!!
So i exit spear pillar and enter again and there is the pink portal, so i interact, palkia sure enough arrives and i weaken it to low orange health, throw One more ultra ball, and bam Palkia is caught

andLV 91 Magikarp, highest level i've ever caught!!!
and i caught a Beldum
and my shuckle hit 400 defense
i mean that was a seriously lucky day
17th June 2009, an amazing day in the world of my pokemon platinum

P.S. how likely is catching both dialga and palkia in 1 ultra ball each to happen?

P.S. how likely is catching both dialga and palkia in 1 ultra ball each to happen?
Easy

My story
So, I decided to catch Dialga and Palkia.#
So I trailed up Mt.Cornet, reached the top, and found they wern't there. Went on serebii and saw I neede to talk to Cynthias Grandma :x
So, trailed ALL the way back down )forgot to bring escape rope) Bought escape rope, went back up and fought dialga with my houndoom

2 Flamethrowers seems fine, threw an ultra ball expecting it to flee and.....Caught. Easy

Palkia wasnt so.

Torterra came out, use giga drain, hadly and damge. So, EQ. little bit left so I used Giga drain again. Tiny bit left.

Ultra ball.
Escaped starit away

Ultra ball
Ding.....Escaped

Ultra ball
Ding....Ding....Ding...

GOTCHA
Palkia was caught.

So now I have 2 little ubers in my box :D

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Got a Gible and evolved it to Gabite (with Mira's help, of course). I gotta say, Dragon Rage works for now, but unless I teach it Earthquake, it will have ZERO STAB when it starts to lose its charm... at least until it learns Dragon Claw at level.. 33?! WTF?!

In other news, I'm still debating Jolteon or Espeon for my Eeveelution. Jolteon is faster, but has a lower Special Attack, while Espeon is a harder hitter and slower, but still pretty fast. Then again, Electric moves will be helpful against Gyarados and other Flying-types, but I guess I could teach Espeon Grass Knot for Gyarados, Pelipper, and even the occasional Mantine. I did consider making it a gender thing, but I had a female Jolteon on my last playthrough, which was going to be an Espeon until I dropped
Luxray, so unless someone want to PM or VM me saying otherwise, I think Espeon wins.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'm currently trekking through the Victory Road.
Once I arrive I'll do some training, then I'll challenge the Elite 4.

Planned Elite 4 team
Torterra lv.65
Staraptor lv.55
Electrivire lv.55
???
???
???

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Now that exams are over, I can finally begin EV training my three amgios.

And boy, is it taking a long time. Today is specifically dedicated to Infernape, with a 64 Atk/252 SpA/192 Spe split of EVs. I started at about lunch (with breaks, obviously) and I still have about 100 Speed and all 64 Attack EVs to go. Thankfully Infernape is starting to pay off, its stats are looking mucho admirable. And hey, it gives my Wuvdisc and Oddball some training too.

Not sure if I'll be in the mood for doing Staryu later, we shall see.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I've gotten Platinum last week as a graduation gift and chose Turtwig as a starter. Now, I have 7 badges and I'm in the Team Galactic HQ at Veilstone with a decently trained and powerful team.

My Team:
Torterra Lv. 45
Togekiss Lv. 45
Vaporeon Lv. 45
Houndoom Lv. 46
Machamp Lv. 47
Luxray Lv. 45

Cosmar

< Aww.
EV'd a Combusken and a Ralts (currently a Kirlia), currently leveling them up. Kirlia is abit of a pain to raise though, since her Physical Defence is lacking... *sigh*

Today's Swarm is Pinsir, so I'll catch that once Kirlia evolves. I'll also have to trade with Pearl again sometime since I've got a Jolteon I want to trade over...Once I stop procrastinating on that, of course :\ (why do they have to make the trading animation so long when the DS's are right next to each other? Sheesh...)

Status
Not open for further replies.