• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visual

Nine one six ~
I started searching for the legendary birds again just now. Caught Moltres with a Quick Ball. It has a Timid nature, so I decided to keep it eventhough it doesn't have decent IVs. I accidentally KOed Zapdos when Yanmega hit it with a critical hit Bug Buzz. I should soft reset, shouldn't I? Well, I didn't. I decided to test whether if it's true that the KOed legendary birds would appear again when talking to Professor Oak after defeating the Elite Four, so Yanmega KOed Articuno. Next, I challenged the Elite Four again. I forgot that the game would automatically save after defeating the E4. Oh no! Worried that I made a big mistake, I went back to Eterna City and see Professor Oak. He said the same thing, so I thought it didn't work. When I exit his house, the birds suddenly appeared in the Marking Map on my Poketch. Phew! What a relief! Trying to hunt for Articuno and Zapdos now.

drake13

Ryukishi
^ great find!!

i was fainting darkrai again and again, for no specific reason!!! xD...it will spawn back anyway xD

anyways, hatched 7 eevees and evolved them into vaporeon, jolteon, flareon, umbreon, glaceon and leafeon...it's nighttime here so i can evolve the remaining eevee to espeon tomorrow....

Visual

Nine one six ~
^ great find!!

Actually, somebody in the Help trade mentioned that, so I decided to test if it's true just now.

Anyway, still hunting Articuno and Zapdos. Yanmega left Zapdos with like 1 HP with Ancientpower! Still didn't catch it, though.

EDIT: Just caught Articuno with a Dusk Ball. Probably going to SR later, though.

Last edited:

drake13

Ryukishi
^ i used a level 60 gengar in catching them, just used mean look and drug abused my gengar with X Spc. Def. xD

boxed mah ditto and eevee, am now in victory road to catch a lapras...

drake13

Ryukishi
just caught a lapras...pokedex completed halfway....need to pal park a kangaskhan from FR since it is so hard to catch here....

Visual

Nine one six ~
^ i used a level 60 gengar in catching them, just used mean look and drug abused my gengar with X Spc. Def. xD

That's a good strategy.

Anyway, I accidentally KOed Zapdos again. I used Wobuffet to prevent it from escaping. It woke up and used Roost twice and had full HP again. Yanmega used Ancientpower and KOed it. Huh? It didn't KO it before. Weird...I turned off the game because Articuno has a Lonely nature.

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
im gonna try to get a shiny timid eevee with hp ice or grass AND baton pass.... starting soon

drake13

Ryukishi
pal parked six of my pokemon...shellder, electrode, nidorino, nidorina, venomoth and kangaskhan...kangaskhan is all i needed...

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Beat the Elite 4 for the fourth time yesterday. I then went back to battle some more Battleground trainers, plus my rival. Training's getting a lot harder now because Gallade and Magmortar are now reaching high levels where they need a lot of EXP to level up.

Current New Team Progress
Gallade Lv. 86 (SIG!!)
Magmortar Lv. 84
Honchrkow Lv. 51
Gliscor Lv. 51
Spiritomb Lv. 1
Chinchou Lv. 1

Torpoleon

Zach's Pokemon Platinum Adventure Post #1

After my Platinum got stolen (*sniff*) on Aug. 17, 2009, I got a new one yesterday, Aug. 29, 2009.

Yesterday, I named myself after my name, Zach, and chose Piplup. I lost to my rival, Barry. I got the Running Shoes and went to Sandgem Town. Prof. Rown gave me TM 27(or something like that), Return. I caught a LV 3 Starly named Brave Hawk and 4 Bidoofs. Dawn told me how to catch Pokemon as well. I trained Brave Hawk up to LV 5.

Today, in Pearl, I bred Infernape, Aipom and the Poketopia Pikachu and got Chimchar, Aipom and Pichu. I also had a LV 1 Turtwig. They were named FireMonkey, Pom Pom, Thunder and Continent, respectively. After getting them up to LV 5. I brought them to my Platinum. Then I officially started my journey. I eventually got to Jubilife City with Dawn and saw Looker. I gave Barry the Parcel and battled him on Route 203. The battle went like this:

Zach VS Barry
Thunder VS Starly (Thunder wins and is recalled)
Pom Pom VS Tutwig (Pom Pom is recalled with U-Turn)
FireMonkey VS Turtwig (FireMonkey wins)

So then, I trained everyone up to LV 10 before going into Oreburgh Gate. After training, I got to Oreburgh City and got a Pal Pad at the Pokemon Center. I talked to Roark at the Oreburgh Mine and trained everyone up to LV 12 and boxed Brave Hawk, Thunder and Pom Pom. I tend to do that now. So then, I beat the gym trainers and FireMonkety! So, I challenged Roark which went like this:

Zach VS Roark
Continent VS Geodude (Continent wins)
Continent VS Onix (Onix wins)
Penguin VS Onix (Penguin wins)
Penguin VS Cranidos (Cranidos wins)
FireMonkey VS Cranidos (FireMonkey wins)

Now, I am going to train everyone up to LV 15 before moving on.

My team:

Penguin/Piplup LV 13
Pound, Bubble, Growl and Water Sport

FireMonkey/Monferno LV 15
Mach Punch, Flamethrower, Grass Knot and Leer

Continent/Turtwig LV 13
Absorb, Razor Leaf, Protect and Withdraw

Brave Hawk/Starly LV 12
Quick Attack, Wing Attack, U-Turn and Return

Thunder/Pichu LV 12
Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Iron Tail and Grass Knot

Pom Pom/Aipom LV 12
Aerial Ace, Payback, Brick Break and U-Turn

Coal! 1!

I got these moves from Pearl, so they got these moves legitimately!

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Well, me went t pastoria, and challenged the gym. i didn't think they'd be that high... oh well i got beat tons of times. Trained a lot. Waited till night, then went and caught a Kricketune, which i named Blake. Then i trained to get it up to my expectations. Then, when i should have been in bed,sleeping, i checked the tree i had slathered, and yay!! It was an Aipom. Just what I wanted. Now here's a bit of useless info; i think that the pokemon that u get are chosen WHEN u slather the tree, cuz i SR'd alot to get a good female. Then i taught my Drifblim thunderbolt, got my levels much higher, and challenged the gym again. and i won!!!! :D Then i beat that grunt, went to celestic town, beat the other grunt and cyrus, man they were easy. then did all that stuff, got sum new apps for me poketch, and travelled to canalave. Caught a female Gastrodon.Then beat my rival, wasn't hard. Now i'm finishing up the iron island saga.

"Blaze" Infernape Lv.42
"Blake" Kricketune Lv.42
"Petal" Roselia Lv.41
"Sludge" Gastrodon Lv. 30
"Cookie" Aipom Lv.29
"Drift" Drifblim Lv. 45

And soon my Petal will be a Roserade!!!! =D

Cosmar

< Aww.
US Platinum: I haven't done much. Leveled Jolteon and Umbreon to Level 100 a while back*, and I battled the E4 a few times to get Ribbons on some of my Level 100s.

UK Platinum: Started the game with Piplup and downloaded the Member's Card*. I'm up to Route 222/the route before Sunnyshore, and my team is Vaporeon/Houndoom/Luxray/Staraptor/Bibarel (HM slave)/Prinplup (HM slave).

I've caught Giratina, Uxie, and Azelf. Giratina and Uxie were easy to catch, but Azelf was a PITA >_> I've also released Mesprit, but I haven't bothered chasing after it. I might catch it just to check its Nature, though...(I'll reset after, since I'll be using the Master Ball)

Going to grind a little before challenging Volkner, and I'll probably have to grind again before going through Victory Road.

*Not sure if I mentioned that in a previous post. Bah, I'm too lazy to check.

LV100MASTER

I rule!!!
Got my silver and Gold prints in the Battle Hall & Battle Tower + Silver print in the Battle Arcade

Got some good trades off the GTS including some legit events(My first CELEBI!!!)
Caught a few Pokeradar shinies and EV trained some Pokemon for the Battle castle

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
I'm slowly trying to get back into chaining for shinies. No luck yet, though I did reach almost 25 Slakoths in Eterna Forest. It's really frustrating to see a chain break :/
I'm not being too picky on the type of Pokemon I want. I jsut go with whatever is swarming in a route.
I'm also making progress on capturing the elusive Moltres and Articuno. Both are sleeping, and on their last few HP points. I'm running out of Ultra Balls >:0

Jordy Kieto

totaly failure for trying to get shiny driftloon, so now im back to breeding which I suprisingly enjoy now that Ive learned some new stuff; gonna train my legends later on but mainly gonna bred then make an alternate team

Mrs. Lovett if I were you I would wait until night and use dusk balls, trust me I was having the same problem and dusk balls worked like a charm.

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
My Arcanine, DrkWndFlre, finally beat the Master Cool Contest giving me the 3rd Star on my Trainer card. Now I can retire from contests and just start to work on completing the pokedex, or more likley, trying to get a 100 Win Streak in the Battle Tower.

I finally hatched the Adament Bulbasaur I've been wanting. Now Im trying to level him up via daycare/rare candies so I can get him to level 15 before starting to EV train. In other news I've been working on fixing my mistake because I got so mad at the lake trio I fainted two of them(Mespirt fly around some where..).....so using the GTS I traded a Empoleon for a japanese Mespirt. A Lapras for Azelf, and I'll check later to see if someone traded me a Uxie for my Larivtar.....

Status
Not open for further replies.