• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Banned
I'm mainly training my Gabite up to be as strong/stronger than my Monferno. I'm also hanging out in the Underground desperately looking for a Water Stone to evolve my Eevee with. I tried beating...the Hearthome Gym (What's her name...?) but failed.
:-/

rocky505

I got absol for my friend but with a crappy nature. right now i'm trying to get giratina with a good nature and ivs.

Rakurai

Continued on and beat the Veilstone Gym after transferring an Electrike over from my Diamond. All of the gyms have been a clean sweep so far, in terms of difficulty.

Currently using:

Infernape Lv. 39
Manectric Lv. 28
Roselia Lv. 31 (Likely to be replaced in the future)

I plan on adding an Espeon to the group once I max out my Eevee's happiness.

I'm also hanging out in the Underground desperately looking for a Water Stone to evolve my Eevee with.
:-/

Just a tip, but there's a Fire Stone, Water Stone, and Thunder Stone to be found in the Solaceon Ruins. They're hidden in some of those solitary rocks that occupy the "wrong" rooms you can enter.

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
I made my way to Flower Land and barely managed to beat Team Galactic there...My level 10-13 Pokemon were barely strong enough, I suppose. My Dratini managed to get in a hit just in time, so she got pleanty of experience.

I trained on the way to and in Eterna forest, which got my party to level 15-17. My Shinx evolved and I was pleasently suprised to learn that Burmy can now use Bug Bite. I beat Gardenia with a combination of my Growlithe and my Burmy. Now I'm training everyone to 20 (Shouldn't be hard, they all have nicer moves now) and then I'm on to the Galactic Building.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Thanks to capturing it with a Luxury Ball at Lv. 5 and giving it the Soothe Bell to hold, my Budew just evolved into Roselia at Lv. 19! Which is not only much better than the late 20s early 30s people were getting normally, but it was also right in time for it to learn Magical Leaf! :D

Oh God, I've barely left Jubilife City. I mean, I battled the Rival on Route 203, but that's about as far as I've gotten. I still need to beat the trainers on Route 204 as well. What can I say? I've been all about the wild Pokemon battles in Platinum so far. Right now my team is:

- Monferno [Lv. 19]
- Roselia [Lv. 19]

I know that I'm going to hatch the Togepi Egg and have Togekiss as my Flying type, but other than that I'm not sure which other Pokemon I'm going to have on my team...

Tatewaki Kuno

>The Blue Thunder<
Finally reached Jublifie City,
-I trained my Piplup to lv12

-Beat the 2 kiddos at the School

-Barry threw a town map at my face

-Got Poketech from some weirdo and its A pink watch!

-Met a guy name "Looker" who claims that he is
better looking then me, I, Tatewaki Kuno
cant accept this insolent insults
and gave him a good bashing. :)

-Headed off to Orebregh(watever its called) City

Team:
-Piplup Lv12
-
-
-
-
-

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm in Hearthome at the moment. I've traded over two teams of Pokemon from Pearl, all with ideal natures, and I'll trade a third team over today. Most recently, Bebe unloaded an Eevee on me. Not that I mind; it has a Modest nature. I wonder what I should make it...

Rainne

Rainbow
I am currently at Valley Windworks. I put honey on two trees. I tested if the more honey you put on, the rarer the Pokemon. Nope. But, I wanted a Burmy and one came up! So, I am now SRing for a high level female Burmy. Ha, right when I finished typing that, one came up. Female, level 15. I will catch it soon. My team is just a Male Level 21 Prinplup right now.

Edit: Aaah! I've killed two level 15 Burmys! >_<

Edit 2: Ugh! Finally! I caught a level 14 female Burmy. Heal ball, with Shed Skin.

Edit 3:

Burmy, Naughty LvL14
HP: 37 (16/0)
Atk: 15 (10/0)
Def: 19 (13/0)
Sp.Atk: 16 (24/0)
Sp.Def: 16 (6/0)
Spd: 17 (17/0)
Hidden Power: 51, POISON | Format: stat (IV/EP)

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

I got the game but I'm moving slowly. I have three badges. I decided to do a water for the game team, but it's harder than I thought relying on my most powerful ones traded over. but anyways, I'm at Pastoria now. Added quagsire to my line up. I need a final member, and I was thinking starmie but IDK...

My party now consists of:

Empoleon lv 40
Vaporeon lv 39
Bibarel lv 39 (when trained right, this thing is great!)
Pelipper lv 48
Quagsire lv 34

Spncrbrrtt

O BLOCK
Empoleon lv 40
Vaporeon lv 39
Bibarel lv 39 (when trained right, this thing is great!)
Pelipper lv 48
Quagsire lv 34

Have fun with the 8th gym... Hopefully your Quagsire can solo it.

I'm at Mt. Coronet with 2 badges. I transfered a lot of stuff from my diamond, so I'm well off. I feel kind of cheap using them, so I'm training up my starter and a budew to use at the same time.

Empoleon Bonaparte

Geez, where do you guys train? Or do you stuff all your Poké's full of steroids? Like having an entire team of lvl 45 at the 3rd gym.... I'm at the 7th and my team is:

Whisky/Yanmega@Chesto Berry (lvl. 42)
Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, Silver Wind and Ancientpower.

Wine/Gliscor@BlackGlasses (lvl.40)
Night Slash, Swords Dance, Earthquake and U-turn.

Beer/Torterra@Amulet Coin (lvl.40)
Leech Seed, Wood Hammer, Return and Bite.

Tequila/Floatzel@Shell Bell (lvl.40)
Surf, Aqua Jet, Crunch and Swift.

I'm slave/Tropius@ --- (lvl.30)
Strength, Rock Smash, Fly and Defog.

w0000000t!/Houndoom@Exp.Share (lvl.25)
Smog, Roar, Bite and Odor Sleuth. (Can someone tell me where the Flamethrower and Dark Pulse TM's are?)

Anyways, I didn't realise untill now that Cyrus' battle emote is REALLY scary. He just looks like some spooky scarecrow. And he laughs. An EVIL laugh, but still.

JoeTE

Kicks *** DBZ Style!
I've been playing in the Battle Arcade. My team of Tyranitar(DEVILSAUR, Rhyperior(PIMPERIOR), and RAMPARDOS(CRUCIAL) is dominating the frontier for sure. I'm also pretty good at hitting the right events in the Arcade. Devilsaur also did a nice first run of the Battle Hall as well.
Devilsaur and Pimperior are two Pokemon of mine traded over from my Pearl Version.

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
Not very far yet

-Turtwig is my starter, currently lv11
-Sent over Piplup and Chimchar from Pearl
-Have caught Starly, Bidoof, Kriketot, and Shinx
-Made it to Jubilife, delivered package, beat the school kids

I might train up on the surrounding routes a little before going on. I'm thinking of raising Kriketot to Kriketune to use as one of my E4 Pokes. It can learn bug and flying moves, and I kind of want to shake up my team and not use the exact same as Pearl.

I've just started yesterday, and im on my way to celstic and then to the 6th gym, right now ive got this team

Torterra Lv. 39
-earthquake, razor leaf, cut, bite
Drifblim Lv. 37
-payback, ominous wind, baton pass, fly
houndoom lv.30 (she's new)
-roar, bite, thunder fang, beat up (to be replaced with fire fang)
Lumineon lv. 38
-water pulse, attract, aqua ring, gust

and then ive got a couple hm slaves. i cant decide who else to use though.

Mcr 4 life

I love Alice Cullen!
Well It took me 3 times to beat Cyrus in the Distortion World.
Gyrados was a major problem since I didn't have any electric attacks.
Giratina was about to knock out my Level 30 Swinub (exp. share) but then I caught it with an ultra ball (i love how that worked)
And right now I am about to get the Beacon Badge after I do a little bit of training.
I want my Swinub to get to level 40 and to become a Piloswine or a Mamoswine to make the Gym a hell of a lot easier.

~*Lyra

Pokémaniac
I'm currently working my way through Eterna Forest. My Pokémon seem to be leveling slightly faster than they did in D&P.

On another note, I'm having a lucky streak with getting female starters. My Chimchar (now a Monferno) is female, as was the Chimchar I had on my Pearl game, and my Charmander was female in LeafGreen.

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
What I did on Platinum...
Actually as of now, nothing yet...
Since I have no Platinum yet...

But good news anyway for me, as it has already arrived in my country (2 days after the release date in the U.S.)
And I'm going to buy it tomorrow, for 1,990 pesos (approx $49).
Then after I'll get a desirable I.D. No. (for the trainer sprite), I'll transfer some EV'd pokes from Pearl to Platinum, and play...
(And hope that the sandstorm glitch doesn't exist)

NeonGardevoir

CoolTrainer
Last night I caught Rotom and I was going to replace Luxio with him,but I decided not to.

My team:

Grotle(Leaf)
Luxio(Flash)
Golbat(Bat Girl)
Psyduck(Ducky)
Bibarel(Beaver)
Eevee(Midnight)

Right now I'm in Hearthome City and I'm going to go to the gym after I train a little bit more.

shay

CustomUserTitleGO!!!
I started with Turtwig and just caught a shinx :)

Will be catching a Starly still havent decided on what else

Rainne

Rainbow
So I have been training my Burmy for awile. It is now a Level 23 Wormadon. I am in Eterna Forest training my Prinplup up to Level 23. It is at Level 23. I am doing the double battle things with wild Pokemon. More experience in less time. I want my Pokemon to be at Level 25 by the Eterna gym. I also traded over six random shinies from my Pearl. My Shiny Bulbasaur (SR), Shiny Moltres (SR), Shiny Gyrados (Random), Shiny Porygon-Z (Chain), Shiny Electivire (Chain), and Shiny Rhyperior (Chain). Just to send over items though, they wont be in my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.