• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
I reached the elite four and got beaten by the Psychic elite four. altough defeating Flint wasn't easy. I'm now back to training again.

Current team:

Torterra- lvl 44
Staraptor- LV 46
Rapidash- LV 49
Luxray- Lvl 43
Vaporeon- LV 47
Haunter- LV 41

I'm using the VS seeker to re-battle the Hiker with a Geodude and Nosepass. So far I've got Machamp to 31. Im hoping to keep going and get both Machamp and Grotle to 36. I can't wait until I get to the Daycare... so useful.

MetaPheonixPal

Since last time:
I have defeated the rest of the gyms
Captured Giratina
Defeated the Elite Four
Traded over my Movie Shaymin and Movie Reigigas
Gotten the Platinum Orb(cant spell the american name)
Battled in the Battle Castle and Factory
Gotten my Villa

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I've finally gotten somewhere in the battle frontier! Just fiddling around in the Battle Hall I managed to get up towards Argentena and won. My Infernape against her Torterra, pure luck, no? If it wasn't for it using Sleep Talk wide awak I would have been down for the count. I even tried the Battle Arcade which I assumed would be a bit difficult but it was easier than I expected. Managed to lose my very first time, but second time around I made it up the Dahlia with my Pelipper, Infernape and Luxray. So with two easy silvers down I'm going to try my hands at the Battle Tower for hopefully my third and last easy medal. The Battle Factory and Battle Castle are going to be another story. I've already failed sadly in the Battle Factory too many times, and I'm afraid to go to the Battle Castle. :< I'll man up after beating Palmer. Oh, and I've finally gotten the National Dex after running around for Manaphy. XD Oh well oh well. Maybe once I get another silver stamp I'll get back to training my sad pokemon levels, and creating a semi-reliable team for going against the Elite Four again.

arceus03

Ah well. Again, quite pleased with game progress.

A Calm Serene Grace Togepi hatched ^_^ I got to training Ralts and Togetic (gave something like 22 Pomeg berries to Togepi). With some Exp Share and Vs Seeker, didn't take long for them to reach 20+. Now Ralts is a Gallade~ Though I find some difficulty in training them, of course. (Luckily Togetic can learn Fire Blast, else I'll have to depend on Metronome all the way. Speaking of which, once I got a Dark Void with Metronome - nothing too much but I've never seen the animation, so yeah..)

Back to training, then~

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Been battling trainers along Stark Mountain to use the money for the Villa furniture. So far, I just have the PC, the TV, and the bed.

Downloaded the Oak's Letter a few hours ago, and I plan to get to resetting tomorrow when I get ack my Timid Synchronize Ralts from my sister's game.

Also going to work on getting a Modest Serene Grace Togepi with flawless HP/SAtk/Spe IVs and Nasty Plot. I'm currently training a Honchkrow to learn Nasty Plot and then pass it down.

Spirit of Darkness

I am gettting a special Bunery and only battles ahead and I will face Palmer!

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Palmer's Milotic can burn in hell.

That's all I have to say. (I should have gotten the silver print three times by now, but noooo, damned Milotic has to kill everything two of those times, and leave my newly-introduced Starmie weak enough to die before it can get rid of Rhyperior and Dragonite)

Visual

Nine one six ~
Finally added a new team member, Rotom after catching it yesterday
Nicknamed Rotom as "Plasma"
Entered Eterna's Galactic Building
Battled Commander Jupiter
Received the Togepi Egg from Cynthia
Obtained the Bicycle
Caught a Chingling
caught a Bronzor
Caught a Meditite
Activated the Mystery Gift function
A Lonely Nature Togepi is hatched
Grotle evolved into Torterra
Caught a Gligar
Obtained Exp. Share
Entered cycling Road
Togepi gained 3 levels when a Shinx used Roar
Obtained Vs. Seeker and Dowsing Machine Poketch App from Dawn
Met Cyrus in Mt Coronet
Obtained the Berry Searcher Poketch app
Obtained Odd Keystone
Caught a Bibarel
Reached Hearthome City
Received a Tuxedo from my character's mom in the Contest Hall
Went to Amity Square with Torterra
Obtained Poffin Case

Now I am gonna SR for a Bold Eevee.

PurpleMew

no promises
- I went and met Mesprit.
- I went and caught the other Pixies. (Doubt I'll use them)
- I then descided the go beat Volkner.
- Ryhperior swept all the trainers with ease.
- Got to Volkner and I swear he never had a Magnezone like Serebii said.
- Beat Volker with ease in about a minute.
- Met my rival and got HM07.
- I tought Gyarados HM07.
- I then began to head to the E4.
- I made it to the Pokecenter outside the E4.

My Team stands as.

- Rhyperior lv68
- Infernape lv54
- Staraptor lv51
- Roserade lv49
- Luxray lv49
- Gyarados lv40

I am going to do some leveling up of my lower level Pokemon before I challenge the league and maybe also change my team by replacing Luxray with Electrivire or Magnezone. Getting rid of Staraptor for Togekiss. Replacing Rhyperior with Frosslass or Gardevoir. And maybe Gyarados for Giritina or Milotic. Just for the league because then I can trade my Team over from Pearl and some other Pokemon.

arceus03

Togetic has been very surprising with Metronome. Twice he got me DynamicPunch, once Magma Storm, Leaf Storm, Zap Cannon, and Shadow Force. And Dark Void as mentioned before. o_O All of them hit btw.

Anyway, team progress is fine so far. Both Togetic and Gallade are now L31, Gall with Psycho Cut. Well, let's pwn Maylene then.

I don't think I'd lose. What, with a L39 Gliscor? (lol overlevelled much) XD
Anyway the hotel was a good source of money and experience ^_^ Coupled with Amulet Coin..

Last edited:

Visual

Nine one six ~
Finally got a Bold Eevee after SRing for many, many times. Its HP, Def, and Sp. Atk IVs are not that good. Oh! It's Male. So, I guess I can't breed it for Wish. Oh well! I don't think I am gonna keep SRing. Besides, I already saved the game. Okay, I am gonna train my Rotom, and maybe Eevee for a while before battling Fantina.

EDIT: Rank up?

Last edited:

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Trying to get a streak going on the battle tower my first go My team was annihilated by a Confuse Ray U-Turn Volbeat, now I'm on opponent six my team is Electivire, Weavile and Floatzel.

Now I hate Marshtomps, Was on match two of set 2 and got beat by one

Last edited:

TSL

Mischievous.
Nearly finished with pokedex, 484/491 (won't be able to get Jirachi for a bit, and obviously not Arceus), all pokemon I have are completely legit, which is pretty cool. Currently I'm getting Buneary's friendship up to evolve with the two massage treatments. I'll probably start training my Battle Tower team consisting of Heracross, shiny Salamence, and something else before I completely finish the dex as I have a friend who is trading me some of the last few I need on Monday.

Visual

Nine one six ~
Training Eevee turns out to be a challenge, so I gave him the Exp. Share instead. After training both my Rotom and Eevee, I went to the Hearthome City Gym. The new layout is amazing! Then, I battled Fantina with just Rotom. I was expecting a Drifblim in her team but it turns out that it got replaced...by a Duskull? I received the Relic Badge from her. After that, I went to Route 209 and tried to catch a hard-to-catch Chansey but KOed it instead. It used Refresh when Rotom paralyzed it. And it keeps using Softboiled. Well, I am gonna continue playing tomorrow. Good night!

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum Journey Post 28

With my Starmie fully trained, I'm going to challenge the Battle Castle until I get my Silver Print. If things don't go well, then I'll EV train my Adamant Bagon for the Battle Frontier.

jwla

Today I did some battling at the Battle Ground. My opponents were: Cheryl, Byron, Wake and Roark. That was a blast, really. I also bred some Volt Tackle Pichus. I have one female, one male (who is now a Pikachu) and one egg. Next, I am off to find a Staryu and a Chinchou. Both Pokémon I am missing...

Spirit of Darkness

I won 7 matches in the Battle Factory and I am continuously training my Golbat in order to evolve it to Crobat. I reached the Survival Area and I will head to Stark Mountain tomorrow!

MetaPheonixPal

since last time:
i decided to go and try out the battle frontier facilities and found the castle to be the most interesting
i lost to thorton in the battle factory and whats worse for me is that he killed all of my pokes with one hit
otherwise the battle factory is fun
i am now planting ev reducing berrys so i can ev train the lucario i used through out the game

Status
Not open for further replies.