• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm almost done with my PokeDex. I just need pokemon that evolve by attacks and friendship... plus the fossil evos... And I'm also EV training an Adamant Aron I bred out just for the heck of it :/

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum Journey Post 52

I took a break off the Battle Frontier and decided to finish all my daily event stuff. I traded Rhydon to my Pearl and had it evolved into Rhyperior and traded it back. All I need to do is EV train it. I also traded a bred Rotom over and have it possess the oven to get Heat Rotom.

I am mad. I traded over an egg over to Platinum from Pearl hoping to get a Munchlax, but instead, a 1000 pound Snorlax pops out of the egg. That got me angry.

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
I finally have seen all the Sinnoh dex Pokemon so either in a little bit, or tommorow I am going to go visit Prof. Rowan to get the national dex.

TSL

Mischievous.
Been training pokemon to level 100 like crazy, recently, my shiny Houndoom, shiny Magnemite (I quite like shiny Magnezone). I did the battle tower and only managed to get up to 42 before having the floor swept clean due to some bad luck. Now I'm looking in to replacing one of my Battle Tower pokemon (probably Zapdos) for something a bit bulkier or with less weaknesses. While taking a rest before that 42 streak loss, I decided to to chain my swarm, Beldum, with my shiny Magnezone using Magnet Pull as its ability and got a shiny Beldum which I am now training to level 100 (sassy nature...egh) but I was a moron and some how didn't use repel after it wore off, and lost my Beldum chain...to a Beldum (non poke radar). I hate myself >_>.
While training the now Metagross's speed, I got a 28 chain of Pichu, but then it broke and I know why...ugh I need to be more careful.

Chaos Rush

Well...I got the game about 3-4 weeks ago. I don't remember. I've been playing very slowly, and currently have 52:07 hours clocked in. I have 6 badges so far. Here's a quick summary (that leaves out A LOT of details):
Got game. Walked around. Chose Piplup. Caught some Pokemon. Somehow obtained 6 badges, and along the way raised an Empoleon, Roserade, Magmortar, Rampardos, Drifblim, and Machamp.

Yesterday:
I did a lot of training on Iron Island. I decided that the 6th Pokemon on my team should be Machamp, so I trained a Machop I caught earlier in my journey. An online friend of mine evolved my Magmar (he gave me a Magby egg shortly after I beat Roark), and my new Machoke. Then I evolved my Roselia, which I caught as a Lv4 Budew.

Today: I got through the Canalave Gym. I battled the Gym Leader, and won easily. And thenBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH and now I'm at Snowpoint City.

My current party:
Lv41 Machamp
Lv41 Rampardos
Lv42 Drifblim
Lv43 Magmortar
Lv43 Roserade
Lv45 Empoleon

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
Recently caught a Timid Dialga with 31/16/22/31/23/20 IVs (the IVs other than the ones marked as 31 are the minimum).

Actually, I'm looking for the one with 31 Sp.Atk. and Speed IV, instead of 31 HP and Sp.Atk. IVs...but then, the IVs are hard to ignore.

Anyway, it's as good as it is, but I have a dilemma about what EV distribution must it have besides max Sp.Atk...will I max HP, or Speed, or distribute to both stats.

R_N

Wooo, 4 more pokemon to go.
1 fish, 1 breeding, 2 evos (3 levels total)

Well 5, if you count Arcues, but he's not out yet so

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Went into the Battle Hall with my Scizor. Got 20 straight wins, 2 BP total. Also, I trained my Houndoom to Lv. 39 at the Resort Restaurant Challenged the Battle Tower a bit. The usual amount tor me.

Last edited:

Kujo1229

*munch*
I'm finally done EV Training my Shiny Golduck. Unfortunately, I should have checked her IV's first as in during LV. 50 all her Sp. Attack is only three higher than my other Golduck's. :/ But hey, at least I managed to EV Train from start to finish so I'm happy. I also encountered a Beldum, and failed to catch it, and decided that it's not worth the effort so I'm going to breed my Metang from Ruby. :p I trounced Raork in the Café, and did fairly well in the Battle Tower, if it weren't for my bad luck with Confusion, and Paralysis I would've gone past the 21 win mark. But my Tyranitar, and Golduck kept killing themselves. So I didn't get to see the Tower Master. My team for that was Nidoking(Nido), Golduck(Misty), and Tyranitar(Kaoru).

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVq-ufZLTs0
SRing for shiny Origin Giratina. Can't do anything else right now.

I wanna know. If Giratina knocks all your pokemon out while you're in the Distortion World, Do you have to go through the entire thing again?

I am mad. I traded over an egg over to Platinum from Pearl hoping to get a Munchlax, but instead, a 1000 pound Snorlax pops out of the egg. That got me angry.
Didn't you give one of the parents the Full Incense? That gets you Munchlax.

I'm now deciding which of my Pokémon to EV train next, once I get more money xD

Alloute

Not Banned
Dear diary,

I SR'd for a shiny Regigigas, and it worked after about 40 tries, I caught it in a Dusk Ball :p

I went to the Villa and I bought the remaining furniture, and I chillaxed.

I defeated Palmer again, his team was lame^_^

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Beat Roark on Saturday, mainly with Starly and Turtwig.

Got up to Floaroma, and I'm just about to catch some Buizel. Current team:

BIDDOF [Fluffy] Lv 11
SHINX [Flash] Lv 11
STARAVIA [Beakon] Lv 14
TURTWIG [Twister] Lv 14

odhinn

Dutch Metalhead
tryin to fill up my pokedex and tryin to find someone with the regice to trade . for the rest been beating the same trainers over and over for money , and levelling up my recently aquired starters from other generations

Cosmar

< Aww.
Raised Chatot and Togekiss to Level 100, then caught some Pokémon in the Great Marsh (including rares like Croagunk) and got the Luvdisc app. Caught a Spinda, and now I'm going to EV-train a Growlithe (I won't be able to evolve him anytime soon, though, since I want Flare Blitz) and a Bayleef.

I might EV-train my Zapdos from FR sometime, so I can use him in the in-game Battle Tower. I'm thinking of using Suicune and Garchomp (I know, he's an Uber, but the Battle Frontier is haxy and it's only in-game, so...) alongside Zapdos.

Last edited:

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
This morning after I woke up I got the national dex. I then went to pal park just so I could be able to fly to it when I needed it because, I am not ready to transfer yet. I then went to the sunnyshore market and my Torterra, Leafa got an Effort ribbon I am so proud of her XD. I then caught mesprit and the 3 birds.

Petal

Care to elaborate?
Got the game a few days ago, had my eggs prepared in diamond, traded them over.. turns out I sent over a buneary o_O and three lotads, two of which had the wrong egg movs.. D'OH..

So out of the 6 pokemon I had lined up I got 3;
Absol
Growlithe
Lotad

Luckily my Buneary had Thunder/Fire Punch egg moves so it isn't too bad.. just hammered the grass Gym with Absol's egg move X-Scissor + aerial ace..

Going to do some breeding with my Lv100 Altaria in diamond to get a Swablu with nice egg moves and hopefully the right nature..

currently contemplating what battle frontier teams I'll make.. leaning towards a rain dance squad again :p

that's all for now.. will keep updated!

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
I finished my Doubles team.
I had trained everyone for their level up moves. While training my Omastar, I hit B to stop the evolution, but I hit it too early apparently and it doesn't like that, so it evolved.
I asked my brother a favor and Rare Candied him up to 67 to get Hydropump (He was on 44, going for 52 for H.P.)

I tested them out on PBR and once on the DS and they were amazing.
Apparently it scares ubers teams, because they quit after my first turn.
(One time they had a darkrai and a Lucario out against my Omastar and Slowbro and I had protected with Omastar first turn so he didn't get hit by darkvoid. They quit for some reason after that.)

SlasherRed

West Coast Elite(US)
Today decided to fight in the battle tower to get more Power items to help me EV Train my final 2-4 pokes, as i lost a wi-fi battle yesterday due to my team lacking serious defense against moves like Earthquake. Began leveling up and training my Gallade, Bronzong, Lucario, and Houndoom.

I am still looking to dig up a Claw fossil because i really want an Armaldo. Finally i also got 11 ribbons on my Magmortar which allowed me to enter that Ribbon Syndicate, currently planning besides training to evolve Eevee into Umbreon and evolve another one for Espeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.