• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyteMage

Well, got an English Platinum last week, and am almost through it. I fought the Elite four last night.
Hold on to your hats, this is going to be a long one.

My Team at that fight:
Oceanera (Empoleon): lvl 50
Hawkeye (Staraptor): lvl 50
ShadowBurn (Houndoom): lvl 50
Celestia (Gardevoir): lvl 50
Voltia (Jolteon): lvl 32
Bibarel: lvl 20 something (HM Slave)

Well, Aaron was easy, with a combination of Hawkeye and ShadowBurn completely destroying him.
Oceanera had some trouble with Bertha, because he wasn't quite fast enough to one-hit Hippowdon, so Celestia had to step in and finish the job.
Flint was not as easy as I thought he was, with Oceanera constantly being outsped by his pokemon before he could annihilate them with surf. In the end, Hawkeye had to take out Infernape and Magmortar.
Lucian was tough. Shadowburn only had faint attack for a dark type move, so I was mostly relying on fire blast and Hawkeye's brave bird and return to take him out. In the end, I did beat Lucian and move on to Cynthia.
Note that I had been using revives at least once after all of these fights.

Cynthia was ridiculous. I timed this fight, and clocked it at 14 and a half minutes. Spiritomb completely annihilated ShadowBurn's fire blast PP when I took it out, but apart from that wasn't much of a problem. Then came Milotic, who I used Celestia against. This involved me using calm mind and maxing out my Sp. Atk/Def because I didn't want to risk it not being OHKO'd by psychic. She switched at this point to Lucario, who was annihilated by psychic. In the end though, Milotic survived with quite literally 1HP. But there was no mirror coat, and I won! Then came Garchomp. I had to switch out and wipe away my +6 stat boosts. This was a fight for Hawkeye. Dragon rush missed twice, which meant two free brave birds. Unfortunately, two wasn't enough, and Hawkeye was taken out. Oceanera was also taken out, but I eventually took it down (I don't remember this part, it was 14 minutes long!), then came Togekiss. This thing cost me the game. By this point I only had one revive left. It took out all my pokemon, so I had to use my scapegoat Voltia to revive Celestia, who staged a brave comeback. It was a combination of calm minds and full restores against air slashes. I got in three, and what happens? It gets a critical hit when I was at half health with +3 Sp. Def.
I lose. They did a great job on the E4 this time. The backgrounds look hot.

Now, there's a little bit more, so if you're still reading this, then congratulations, you get a cookie for your patience.

I decided that four pokemon wasn't enough, so I raised Voltia to level 50, and caught a MODEST, FEMALE SNORUNT. So I named her ChillWind and evolved her into a Froslass. She's level 42 now. When she hits level 50, I'm going back to win this time. Won't that be fun.

Team now:
Oceanera (Empoleon): lvl 55
Hawkeye (Staraptor): lvl 55
Celestia (Gardevoir): lvl 53
ShadowBurn (Houndoom): lvl 54
Voltia (Jolteon): lvl 50
ChillWind (Froslass): lvl 42

Congratulations if you read all this, you get another cookie.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Began breeding my Luvdisc and Magikarp. Predicting a barrage full of hatchings before I got a Modest Luvdisc, it was no surprise when it took me all of...one egg to find one.

That shaved a few hours off my time.

Now I are randomly bolting around trying to catch at least one of these five roaming legendaries. Then maybe later, I will begin the EV grind for my new Luvdisc, which I nicknamed Wuvdisc (the originality is astounding).

Z a p p 3 d

Go To My Shop <33333
Up to 7th gym . =x
done somuch things cant be bothered to tell it all after my weekend off to belgium ;D
wich was awesome!
My team now:

Infernape (Lvl 43)
Rotom (Lvl 43)
Luxray (Lvl 42)
Vaporeon (Lvl 45)
Bronzon (Lvl 42)

Goodbreath

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
I got platinum 2 days ago and I am between canalave city and snowpoint town... My team right now consists of these critters.

Magmar (Will not evolve to Magmortar unless I really have to)
Staraptor
Rotom
Gabite
Empoleon

They are all level 40 hehe I like to balance myself while playing the game. I am not sure on my 6th pokemon though but right now the spot is held by a freakin bibarel ofcourse.

Tails07

Platinum Journey Post 4

Since my last post I have beaten the 3rd gym leader at the second attempt and made my way to Solaceon Town. Started breeding for my new Leafeon and after cycling forever through Solaceon forever my first of 5 eggs hatched at it was a Jolly Eevee at the first attempt Yay! Gonna turn it into a Leafeon Physical Sweeper.

My team:
Eevee Lv 5
Luxio Lv 26
Staravia Lv 27
Bronzor Lv 24
Floatzel Lv 28
Leafeon Lv 30

Using an IV calcuator I have worked out that so far my Eevee has the following IVs:
HP: 0 - 9
Att: 0 - 9
Def: 0 - 19
SpA: 0 - 9
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 31

Yay for speed not so good for attack

Last edited:

Obelisk 1

Defense Trainer
At the moment I am trying to catch a Lickitung in the grass near Veilstone City.
Its giving me problems...wont stay in the pokeballs even though its at like 1 HP.

Gave up on that Lickitung, I'll pick it up later in the game.

Apart from that, I recently beat the 3rd gym battle and I am on the way to the next town, trying to keep my traded pokemon under lv 30 so that they obey me for now, until the next gym badge is mine.

Here's my team at the moment.

Grotle [Mako] lv 30
Weavile lv 28
Aerodactyl lv 29
Lanturn lv 29
Meditite lv 29

Spirit of Darkness

I caught Octilery, Finneon and Lumenion.
I went to the Battle Tower and lost on my 14th battle. :p
I also battle Roark and won him easily with my Dialga who is now at lv75! (It is too hard to level up a legendary!)
I also got a TRU Regigigas, and therefore I went to Route 228 where I captured Regirock within 7 minutes.
I also went and met Regice, who actually proved that he is the hardest legendary to be caught! I spent 30 minutes and all my Poke/Great/Ultra/Dusk/Timer ball but in vain. After that, he used Struggle which fainted him. I will try now to get him so wish me luck please. ;)

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
turns out training charizard is hard, after beating the trainers at battleground he is now almost level 50 and im geting bored so i think im gonna use thief on that idiotic clefairy to get a rare candy (YAY FOR RARE CANDIES)

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Got my English version of Platinum this morning and while I'm posting this I'm battling aiganst Maylene in the Veilstone gym.

My team:
Floatzel lv.29
Luxio lv.29
Ponyta lv.26
Grotle lv.30
Staravia lv.34
Bidoof lv.5 (HM-slave:p)

Defeated Maylene's first pokemon, Meditite, using Floatzel. Defeated Maylene's second, Machoke, using Luxio + one Aerial Ace from Staravia.

Maylene's last pokemon, Lucario, is very hard to beat since Ponyta (whose attacks are super effective on him) is my lowest leveled pokemon. I'm just trying to weaken him with all my pokemon en then trying to finish it with Staravia.

Edit: I won!!
I was a bit lucky with a critical hit from Ponyta's Flame Wheel...

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
still working on vulpix, but other wise not much happening since we just got xd gale of darknessz(just found out you could get lots of legendaries) so working on that

Obelisk 1

Defense Trainer
I beat the 4th gym battle Maylene on the second try, then traded a few Pokemon across from Diamond to Platinum for the Dex and then continued on towards the next town, Pastoria.

My team is now:
Torterra lv 32
Weavile lv 33
Lanturn lv 32
Aerodactyl lv 31
Meditite lv 33

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
Today I planned i would SR for Azelf & Uxie and Mesprit. The first try I caught a Hasty Azelf with 10 Iv's in speed but with 28 in both attack and sp.attack so I'm keeping this one, I've named it Murdoc. Next was Uxie, after beating it several times trough accidently critting I've managed to capture a Bold natured with good Iv's in sp.def, hp & defense so I'm keeping this one aswell, I've named this one 2D-Helmet as he reminded me of 2D of the Gorillaz in their "dirty harry" video. Next up is Mesprit, she is gonna be named Noodle and I really am not looking forward to SR for this one.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
charizard training is going good, as now he gets 2200 exp for battling 1 level 33 gyarados so i keep vs seeking this guy with 3 gyarados,

Charizard
current level: 45
target level: 50

i am NOT using my 16 rare candies i thiefed off of a clefairy every day as im saving those for pokemon like weavile who just need to level up

soon after i transfer garchomp from pearl over i might transfer empoleon from daimond over along with others and restart daimond

may also migrate good poke's from sapphire and restart it

so,

Future battle frontier team

Charizard
Empoleon
Sceptile

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
Currently going through Victory Road with a pretty unbalanced team (two water types, two flying types, two ground types.), just trying to rush through so I can start with a water-only team on my next playthrough. I'm gonna get through the Elite Four, capture all the legendaries and trade all decent TMs and Pokémon to Diamond before restarting.

Lv. 45 Torterra
Lv. 46 Golduck
Lv. 45 Drifblim
Lv. 45 Noctowl
Lv. 45 Staryu
Lv. 45 Gabite

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
And thus the EV training of Wuvdisc has occured.

I'm going for the 252HP/252SPA/4Spe EV split, and already 40 HP EVs have been taken care of. I'm training on the random tuber with 3 Gastrodon, using my trusty Oddball (some Oddish I randomly caught, that is now Gloom). And of course the Exp. Share.

Still no luck with the legendary watsitmadoodles.

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
Heading up to Mt Coronet for my first experience of the distortion world, I'm very excited. Traded over Darkrai and Shaymin last night but I'm not using them until I defeat the E4. Current team is
Gallade-Vaporeon-Nosepass-Lucario-Torterra-Crobat
All at lvl 41

Obelisk 1

Defense Trainer
Been trying to catch some of the Marsh pokemon and find the Toxic Plate with not much luck T_T
Just got the Matchup checker App though, which is good I guess.
Now going to look on GTS before continuing on to Wake's gym.

atml

The Earth's Might
i love playing the game and i have all the regis jirachi celebi groudon kyogre dialga and palkia
but the thing in my game im most proud of is my salamance cuz i hated training it cuz dragons are so slow leveling up but it was worth it
i also have 2 lvl 100s a tyranatar and a wailord
any1 no how to get the lve 100 magikarp im not gunna use it but itd still b cool

I<3 You

Attempting to Chain
This game is very fun. I haven't played Pokemon in years but I picked this up at Target and immediately started playing.

I'm a huge noob and train one Pokemon lol.
Team: Empoleon(Pippy):level 84--Item:Quck claw
Giratina(Gary):level 52--Item:Griseus Orb
Eevee(Wevasaur):level 30--Item: Soothe bell... I can haz Umbreon?
Magcargo(Hatcher):level 54--Item: N/A... I caught him to hatch my eggs. He got me several breeded shinies
Pupitar:level 54Item:exp share..He's one of my breeded shinies so he has no nickname incase I wanna trade him. OMG he's level 54 gonna have a purple Tyranitar soon.
Mewtwo:level 70... Again in case I wanna trade its gonna be something good for him.

I have a shiny Charizard(level 48) but he's not on my team right now...I kept Hatcher for whatever reason... even though im not breeding.
I'm working on EV training my Modest Shiny charmander but I SUCK AT EV TRAINING.
I haven't caught Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, or Heatran yet.
I'm gonna use them on my team maybe.
Probly Heatran and Palkia... Arceus is a bad but No space for him.
Reason I wanna use Palkia is becuz I never used it.
My bro gave me a hacked Arceus and he was cool and all but nothing special.

This game is really addicting and fun.
I'm at the PokeMansion as we speak... I'm SRing for a good Pokemon.. I keep getting Minun or Plusle.
OH YEAHHHH Some asian dude had a level 40 SHINY jap ditto for trade for zapdos...
The only non ripoff GTS trade(there all like level 6 bidoof for level 100 kyogre)

So yeah I use the Masuda method for him.
WOW longest post ever.
Goodbye. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.